BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott

Doogs

Boycotted my first match last night. Thought it would feel terrible but surprisingly enough it didn't !!!. The thing that saddens me more is that i've supported Rovers through thick and thin since 1980 and never thought i could feel this way.

Massive danger of that apathy spreading even if the venkeys can be arsed about the clubs future (which I seriously doubt). On Sat I was offered a season ticket and I ummed and ahhhd and eventually trapped up half way through the 2nd half! Last night I was phoned and offered a ST at 6.15 (by a ST holder who refuses to go anymore) and to be quite honest I simply couldn't be bothered to accept. Not only that I couldn't even be arsed to watch it on the telly.

The feeling that BRFC is no longer 'our' club simply won't leave me. It's like a divorce where you come to intensely hate someone that you once loved so much.

• Backroom

The club is essentially Venky's FC now... the supporters have no voice, and now feel powerless to do anything as the club slides into the abyss. The situation has caused an atmosphere of poison at Ewood Park that nobody can enjoy. We're a long way away from booing being 3-0 up against Wolves.

As far as a boycott goes, I just don't think it would work. You'd need to get a significant number of people to join in - how? Plenty of 'em don't have access to the internet and there's still a lot who aren't at the point where they could be persuaded to boycott. It's a good idea in theory but no idea how we'd get it to work in practice.

Hard to disagree with those boycotting at the moment, can't say I particularly enjoy the 100 mile round trip to games at the moment.

But just to put an alternative view out there. If Venky's are deliberately running the club down - and in my view there's more and more evidence of that - having fewer and fewer supporters there plays into their hands. As with a few things around our club at the moment I don't have an answer, just airing a view.

BRFC died for me today. Corruption and gangsters IMHO must be close to being true.there is no other way this crackpot can still be here!!!!

I protested on my own , vinjay would have been proud, outside ewood. ... And tommorow my tickets are going back and I won't ever return ( broncos once a year is the current plan) .

Not arsed over boycotting I'm finished , I actually feel as bad as my two divorces and it feels like a mate has died.

No I'm not spoiled with prem footy , I don't mind non prem days out. I just can't stand what's going on and when I got home last night my face was burning and bright red( blood pressure? Stress? No Idea but it ain't worth it)

Venky scum and kean is so thick skinned he must be a loop fruit!

I will post a bit but ewood spark its all yours happy clapping!!!

Been going to Ewood since 1969 - season ticket for last 21 years consecutively - heartbreaking but I won't be at the Stoke match and I won't be renewing unless we have new owners. It's not my club anymore - we have squatters in & they're smashing up the family heirlooms.

When Venky's either get their act together & invest or bugger off I'll be back but the thought of seeing Kean in the technical area at another match is too much to bear.

It's gut wrenching but boycott is the only way forward - a crowd of sub 10,000 v Stoke with 5,000 Potteries fans would send an important message to the media.

We get slagged off for protesting, for being apathetic, for blindly following the party line - we might as well get hammered for not going to complete the set.

Really think this needs to happen (or atleast threaten this). Think we need to get this out into the press stating that if we do not hear (a) a statement of intent from Venkys to put money into the club and sort this club out and (B) see Kean removed as manager then we will boycott the game.

We need to hit Venksy from all angles.

Guest Rovers4Good

A boycott is the only way Venky's will get the message as it will hit them in the pocket. :)

Need to get this into the media circle so that more people do it and also the main reasons why and i'm sure if we fail to get even 1 point out of the next 2 games which is more than likely and Kean is still in charge then i'm sure you'll get a majority doing it rather than Keans minority. :)

Glenn please can we sort this out and if you need any help at all then please PM me????

A boycott is the only way Venky's will get the message as it will hit them in the pocket. :)

Need to get this into the media circle so that more people do it and also the main reasons why and i'm sure if we fail to get even 1 point out of the next 2 games which is more than likely and Kean is still in charge then i'm sure you'll get a majority doing it rather than Keans minority. :)

Glenn please can we sort this out and if you need any help at all then please PM me????

A boycott is a good idea, I think we need to put more emphisis on the owners rather than Kean as he is just there as they "can't afford" to sack him. Kean is a lost cause, we now need a change of ownership - that will bring change as noone in their right minds would want Kean in charge. We'll still be relegated but I'd rather be in the championship with new owners. The sad thing is that I wont feel a thing when we are relegated. Its a bit like seeing a relative with dementia drifting and then passing away.

Been boycotting all season and so i wouldn't tell anyone else to do it BUT an empty ground might get the FA and Scudamore at the PL off their arses and investigate whether the Venky's can be classed as 'Fit & Proper' Owners of the club. We all know the answer and it's a dereliction of duty on the part of PL & FA not to launch an investigation at Rovers. An empty ground would damage the PLs precious 'brand' and might make them take action.

Archived