BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Is Not Going Any More?

colin

After the Cardiff shambles I decided that I wasn't going to do my usual 60 mile round trip to Ewood from Manchester any more. This despite my having a season ticket and having one since 1992.

I thought it would be interesting to see how many others have given up.

Not that Venky's will give a toss, but it will give me (and you) a bit of comfort if others add to this. Just add your name if you're not going again.

Yours in communal misery

Colin

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season thicken is in my pocket and the plan is to go after work and hand it whilst going mad!

Take it easy buddy. Remember venting your spleen at the girl on the counter will do neither of you any good.

Take it into the LT office on town and hand it in there.

Smelt a rat when Kean and Venkys took over and didn't renew my season ticket, despite living and breathing Rovers for the best part of 25 years. I had actually stopped enjoying going anymore, so decided against renewing and instead investing my time in coaching kids cricket. I have been a couple of times this season and the atmosphere has been very hostile. Even the Leeds fans at work have stopped laughing at me.

Spending six hours in the car to travel to every home game from Aylesbury used to be a pleasure.

Now it's absolute torture.

I'm not prepared to put myself through it anymore, or for my family to be exposed to all the frustration and anger that I used to bring home with me from Ewood.

Until some serious changes are made, my ST will continue to gather dust on the shelf.

Thanks Venky's.

Compared to some others on here I live round the corner from Ewood.

I take my lad who, although he doesn't understand the subtleties, does understand that Kean and Venkys have ruined the team and mean we lose virtually every game. I'm hoping it will be a life-lesson to him and he will enjoy the good times even more -when/if they return.

I sometimes think I'm going to destroy any love he has of football but credit to him, he's already told me he won't support anyone else because Rovers are HIS team. I just hope he has a team he can be proud of as he grows up.

Me, I continue to go out of morbid curiosity to see how much worse it can get.

Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

My morbid fascination will not allow me to stop going.

It's my club, sickness and health, for richer for poorer et al.

All this will come to pass....

We may even come out of this better, what don't kill you, makes stronger.

If all around you lose their head, but you keep yours, you will be a man my son !!!

I've not been since they banned supporters rights to protest, and I'll certainly not be going again until Kean is sacked.

If they continue down the same lines as they're going, the Salgado debacle being the lastest **** up, I may not go again until the idiots from Pune have been run out of the club.

KEAN OUT and take AGNEW with you.

As much as I dislike going at the moment, I cannot for the life of me stop going.

My love for Rovers is far stronger than any hate I could possibly have for "them"

I may be a broken man, it may take me 45 mins to do a 5 min walk home thinking about what went wrong, but I cannot walk away from BRFC..

Im not going till kean sacked. Season ticket holder 18 years. Asked for a refund and have been refused. All those who cant bring themselves to not go arent doing the club any favours. If you cant not watch the game then watch it on the internet or in the pub.

The Bolton game was the last in a series of final straws for me. Didn't enjoy it one bit and won't be going again until that evil creep is sacked as manager. Then whoever is put in his place I'll support 100% and hope we can somehow stay up.

Been a season ticket holder for donkeys years but I've missed the last three home matches now - something I don't think I even did when pregnant with my kids or post-natal. (Though I didn't go to Burnley at nine months preggers a few years ago - nobody wanted me to give birth over there!)Unless Kean's gone before the next home game, the ony reason I might be tempted to turn up will be to see friends and hope that all the falling out has stoppped.

I've been flying over from Norway to watch Rovers 1-2 times a season. Haven't been to Ewood this year. I'll most likely fly over for the Wigan match on May 5th, as this will probably be the last ever Premier League match featuring Rovers - at least in my lifetime (and I'm just 25) - but I fear that's it for me.

Henrik

The Bolton game was the first time I've been since WBA last season (due to work commitments) but the only way I can see me going to the Stoke game will be because it may be the last PL game I'll see us play. Tuesday's game was awful.

Archived