BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Is Not Going Any More?

colin

Bolton was the first game i missed. At the beginning of every season i go through the fixtures, and due to working 2 weekends out of 4, would use my leave allowance to take days off when Rovers were playing. Now that isn't gonna happen. I'll still go if i'm off, but if i'm due to work then i'm not prepared to waste my annual leave until Kean has gone and Venkys start running the club properly (or preferably sell).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am already out,

Me too. I decided in May that not a penny piece of my money would go to Pune to help whilst our club was dismantled for profit. I got stick at the time but most now regret not following my example and I'm 400 quid better off..

btw.... The above piece contains an unintentional error. The term 'our club' no longer applies to BRFC whilst the abomination that is Anuradah Desai and her brothers preside over it.

I didn't renew this year and boy, am I glad. I got free tickets for the Wolves game in hospitality and spent the second half playing on the Ipad in the lounge. Totally out of love until the clown goes. (Or maybe until the clowns go)

Well after soul searching and emails and texts of people I've hung on to ticket, no idea why. I still feel like that's me and I hate the scum and kean.

Don't get despondent Abbs......try and see it from a different perpective. You are simply witholding your support in person at the ground until the happy day when a new manager is appointed. That's what I am doing and have been doing since the Everton match at Ewood, and as soon as Kean is gone I will be back in my seat in the JW and shouting the lads on again. I will see how things go from that time on and see whether or not the Venkys come good or not. One step at a time......!

Oh and one other thing: To all those advocating burning the Indian national flag......DON'T DO IT! I am sure that that would lay you open to a criminal charge of inciting civil unrest or some such, and it's definitely not worth the risk. To say nothing of the fact that it would be quite simply the wrong thing to do..... we have no quarrel with India the nation.

Must confess to giving up 1 year ago - felt something was very wrong even then. No lover of Sams style but the timing of his sacking and the ensuing embarrassment of the Kean appointment left a nasty taste. So for the first time in over 35yrs and despite living out of Blackburn for most of that time I haven't seen a match. Would normally go 10-12 times/ season with my boys who are equally disillusioned. The damage the this is doing to the younger generation is immense.

I have of course saved a lot of money and time which I've put to good use coaching junior cricket like Saltysellars. Would love to want to go again but at the moment it would take more than Kean's removal - the owners are ultimately responsible for this mess and I doubt if I will set foot in Ewood again untill they are gone - where we will be when that happens worries me greatly.

• Backroom

After feeling we the fans and me personally have been lied to and led on I don't want to go again until they start to take action.

The only reason I may go is because I go with my dad and he moved to sit with me this season and if he wants to continue I'll respect that

Bought a ticket for our Peg's birthday for the Stoke game but after shouting myself horse and shaking with rage at the Bolton game I have decided that I cannot put her through it. So if Kean has not gone before the ticket office closes for new year I will refund her ticket and we will go out somewhere for the day. After that my season ticket will remain in the drawer until the imposter had gone. Even then I doubt I will be back until the Indian bitch and her fooked up family sell up.

The owners don't care, the players don't care, no amount of shouting is making anyone else care so I'm out.

Cheers for that Tom. I did want to ask whether the Pune9 feel they were lied to in India. Sounds like you, at least, do.

I could have sworn I read that the Rao's would take 'appropriate action' regarding the manager if the situation went awry. I can't see how this doesn't fall into that category.

Although I have said I will probably keep going with Venkys in charge, Rovers are no longer number one and I will not be sitting in the most expensive seats.

I missed the Bolton game because I got the offer of some contract work in the Midlands so I took it and watched the game in my hotel room.

I will miss the Stoke game as I have to take one of my daughters back to Newcastle.

From now on in family and work take priority.

• Backroom

Cheers for that Tom. I did want to ask whether the Pune9 feel they were lied to in India. Sounds like you, at least, do.

I could have sworn I read that the Rao's would take 'appropriate action' regarding the manager if the situation went awry. I can't see how this doesn't fall into that category.

I can't and won't try to speak for 8 other people but yes, the people we spoke to never promised to sack anyone as such but we were told whatever needed to be done for the good of the club would be done and Nobody is unsackable.

I am guilty of giving them the benefit of the doubt but it is clear that things aren't being done for reasons we can only speculate on (although not on here)

So yes I myself feel 100% lied to and frankly sickened by it all, others may feel different.

I shan't be stepping foot in Ewood again until He is gone. I never want to experience the level of anger that overwhelmed me on Tuesday night ever again.

I shall, however, be pootling along to Brockhall tomorrow for what I hope is going to be a more civilized but still effective protest.My blood pressure cant take anymore after Tuesday! :wacko:

Never thought I would say this. I am not going to Ewood again, until Steve Kean is replaced as manager. I don't care if they put Mr Blobby in his place, because the pink wobbly one couldn't be any more tactically inept, nor lacking in empathy and understanding than that pillock.

Rover and out, I'm afraid, until things change.

40 years, thick and thin. Now I'd rather dig the garden.

:brfc:

Saw some promotional claptrap from the 'club' saying they expect 'bumper' half ST sales.

Goebbels had nowt on this lot.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I go with two mates. They are continuing to go. Therefore so will I.

It is sheer hell every game. When the Yak scored against Bolton, for the first time ever I stayed in my seat looking glum because I knew we wouldn't get a point; the first ever Rovers goal that I did not cheer.sad.gif

Bloody Venkys!!!!!!!!

I started this & thought that it may have just been me.

I, like others, have a long trip to Ewood & it's a big commitment. It's good to hear from others that they have stopped going too.

If you want to keep going that's OK by me.

My 30+ years as a Rovers' fan are over, until at least Voldemort & Venkys disappear from the scene.

• Backroom

Dont think its going that well.

The club is phoning up fans on the data base trying to sell them half season tickets.

Now that's what you call a hard sell :lol: "want to see the club get relegated with the worst manager in not only our history but premiership history, whilst our best players are sold during January and fans fight each other across the stadium? Direct debit or annual payment?"

i renewed my season ticket for the first time in 8 years in the summer, missed the atmosphere of rovers games, i was expecting to relish it again, well how wrong was i? so i will still go no matter what, im there to support my club not those wretched vermin some people might call owners, i cant get behind the team as much as i would like with HIM in charge but i will be there all the same in body if not in spirit!!!

30 odd years. I didn't go to the Bolton game and won't go again until he's gone. My wife is the same and 3 other people who sit with us SAY they aren't going back either (all between 25 and 55yrs support).

When he goes, I will be straight down to the Blues bar, stopping at the club shop for all the things I've been denying myself on the way and I will party into the night.

I feel that the owners do not listen to anyone so all protests, chants or celebrity pleadings are pointless. This is all I have left.

I have been going to the Rovers since 1965. I remember a number of relegations during that time, but none as bad as todays mess.

I hvae had a season ticket for over 20 odd years, and will not be getting another one. I will hold my own Stoke City boycott, and after that will depend if Kean is still here.

I accepted relegation a number of weeks ago, what i fear the most is the future of the club. I have seen many times clubs falling through the divisions. This happens to badly run clubs, and no club is as badly run as the Rovers at the moment.

Archived