[Archived] Phil Jones V Rovers

Savory

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blink:

No doubt everyone will think we're booing our team again :rolleyes:

But does Jones deserve it though?

Why would he? I see absolutely no reason to boo him. He's a young lad that got the chance to play in a top team, champions league every season etc. did well in the short time he was in our first team.

Would be very disappointed with rovers fans if this was even considered

Definitely not. He was brilliantly for us and personally feel great pride when seeing him do well. I know others do not feel that way but booing him will just bring heaps must s*** onto the fans from the media given the current situation. Give him a cheer or nothing at all. Doesn't deserve a boo.

Let me look back, there were a lot of supporters who called Shearer judas when he left to join Newcastle. I remember many fans having it printed on their shirts, and he got boo'd by sections when he returned to Ewood. How embarrasing, to boo one of the greatest players to wear a blue n white shirt. We should applaud Jones, he has justified all the money invested in the accademy, and also fullfilled every footballers dream by moving to a 'massive club' probably on far more money.

yes BOO him! Im sure Jack Walker would love to see the man jump ship after 6 months after bringing the lad up ourselves, and to man utd.... Judas in my opinion.

6 months? Pretty sure he played for around 12 before before being sold?? Cant blame him for leaving and he's certainly fulfilled his promise. He's walked into the Euro 2012 squad, won a trophy and competed, albeit briefly, in the champions league. He's sitting joint top of the league and stands a decent chance of winning a couple more trophies before the season ends. We're rock bottom of the premier league. I think he made a wise choice.

It wouldnt surprise me if people booed. If 'fans' can boo Shearer then what chance does Jones have?? The only players who dont seem to get booed are the ones who tried hard but weren't good enough. Its always our best ex-players who get the abuse. Shame. Im sure Shefti Kuqi would get a far better reception at Ewood in comparison to Jones/Duff/Bentley/Shearer/Warnock etc

The lad is a Blackburn fan, him and JJ pretty much saved us last season and who can blame him for walking out on Kean and Venkys.

Def sad days when we boo a player who wants to progress (and he has without a doubt at ManU) and get into the England squad, which nowadays pretty much requires playing for a big club.

Definitely Judas. If he had given us another season it might be different, but then to go to the most hated club on the planet. Unforgivable!

There is no one so despised as a fallen hero and no one deserves it more than Phil Jones. Calls himself a Rovers supporter and defects to the devil itself. Not often I wish someone would break a leg but.............................

Hmmmm.

Hope he doesn't get booed, but he will. I'm sure he'll cope.

Take it Al isn't too keen on young Phil then?!

I don't get the hate towards Man U from some Rovers fans - we were rivals with them in the early-to-mid 90's, almost 20 years ago!

We have no relevance to them anymore.

And as for Phil joining them - being a Rovers fan means nothing.

It's about fulfilling your ambition and making the most of a special opportunity in a very short career.

Good on Jones.

I'll be applauding him loudly.

Take it Al isn't too keen on young Phil then?!

I don't get the hate towards Man U from some Rovers fans - we were rivals with them in the early-to-mid 90's, almost 20 years ago!

We have no relevance to them anymore.

And as for Phil joining them - being a Rovers fan means nothing.

It's about fulfilling your ambition and making the most of a special opportunity in a very short career.

Good on Jones.

I'll be applauding him loudly.

I dont understand it either. Yes we used to rival United but that was for only 2/3 seasons at best and that was 20 years ago. They're as much our rival now as Arsenal or Chelsea.

People bang on about Jack hating United and therefore so should us fans, but wasn't he also a friend of Maggie Thatcher? Does that mean I should be a Tory?? Id have far less respect for Jones if he had gone to Man City instead of United. He helped keep us up last year and netted us around £20m. I dont know what more he could realistically expect to achieve here.

While I'm certainly not crazy about the way he left I think booing should be reserved for the real Judases. Sol Campbell comes to mind. Personally I would neither boo nor courteously applaud Jones, he certainly didn't care enough about Rovers to give us even one full season before he jumped ship so why should we care about him?

Archived