BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phil Jones V Rovers

Savory

If we boo Jones we deserved to be bad mouthed in the media. Jones played his heart out for us whenever he played and every fan moans about the state of our club so why cant the players think that?He left a sinking ship to go to one of the biggest clubs in the world with a good scot as manager then a joke scot as manager. We got 16 mil for him and he went in the summer with plenty of time to get a replacement in for him it was Kean and Venkys fault that that wasnt done until deadline day

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely Judas. If he had given us another season it might be different, but then to go to the most hated club on the planet. Unforgivable!

He's too good for us these days but imo if Allardyce or Hughes had been here under the Trust I strongly suspect that we would have had another year or two out of him whilst he developed. As it was the venkeys shot themselves in the foot big time cos sacking Allardyce saw him allegedly giving his 'expert' advice to Fergy to pull out all the stops to sign Jones.

As for Jones and his agent when it's a straight choice between League Champions and CL finalists MU and a relegation threatend BRFC under the Venkeys and Steve Kean then there really wasn't a choice was there? Be honest whilst we hate the sight of Fergy he instills a level of professionalism into his players which is admirable and which keeps them focused and absolutely maximises their potential.

I totally understand him leaving us, however him leaving for united is hard to swallow. Also I saw him signing united shirts in Denmark at u20 championship, before the transfer was confirmed. That is totally disrespectful of us fans.

If it werent for venkys and kean I would say booing is acceptable. However we can't really blame him for leaving this mess

I will definatly boo the judas!!!

Dont know why people are giving him so much respect, he was harldy here with the first team. Didnt show the club he supposedly "supported" any respect when he was too bust signing man u shirts before he had even moved. The guy is a typical greedy bubble living footballer. Id take a nelson or a dunn anyday, I actually hope he now had a career full of injury problems and rots on man united bench.

phil jones = judas, typical overated footballer.

plus phil jones probably wont be playing tomorrow.

Firstly it was Man Utd who came in for him.

Secondly we have a complete tool as manager and the weirdest owners possible.

Thirdly our team is average at best.

Don't blame him for leaving at all - he did well for us when he played, be grateful.

6 months? Pretty sure he played for around 12 before before being sold?? Cant blame him for leaving and he's certainly fulfilled his promise. He's walked into the Euro 2012 squad, won a trophy and competed, albeit briefly, in the champions league. He's sitting joint top of the league and stands a decent chance of winning a couple more trophies before the season ends. We're rock bottom of the premier league. I think he made a wise choice.

It wouldnt surprise me if people booed. If 'fans' can boo Shearer then what chance does Jones have?? The only players who dont seem to get booed are the ones who tried hard but weren't good enough. Its always our best ex-players who get the abuse. Shame. Im sure Shefti Kuqi would get a far better reception at Ewood in comparison to Jones/Duff/Bentley/Shearer/Warnock etc

12 months? felt like 6 he walked in and walked out so quickly, phil jones is superman surprised he didnt fly out of blackburn sooner. Sorry but if you support a club and get good enough pay packet to make a living dont see much point in leaving, I know if I was in his shoes I wouldnt of sold out for an extra pay packet. Yes he will win trophies but dont come out and say your a rovers fan and jump ship, We are all rovers fans but I dont see us going to manchester united games every week supporting them on so we can say we have won the title.... Your teams your team and in my view you jump ship your a sell out, and for people to say I would leave to if I was under the venkys then thats just too easy of an excuse.

As for the Shearer boos yes they were ridiculous and wrong as he was a great servant for the club in what he achieved, he also moved to 'his' home town club which he loves, didnt see him choosing manchester united which he easily could have done. Big respect for shearer and a legend, him and jones are in no way a comparision

His departure left a sour taste in the mouth:

He clearly met with Fergie months before actually leaving the club, which is bang out of order.

He was seen having his medical before a deal had been done.

He should have given the club at least 1 more season before leaving, we’re his boyhood club after all and we needed him.

For these reasons alone he deserves booing.

12 months? felt like 6 he walked in and walked out so quickly, phil jones is superman surprised he didnt fly out of blackburn sooner. Sorry but if you support a club and get good enough pay packet to make a living dont see much point in leaving, I know if I was in his shoes I wouldnt of sold out for an extra pay packet. Yes he will win trophies but dont come out and say your a rovers fan and jump ship, We are all rovers fans but I dont see us going to manchester united games every week supporting them on so we can say we have won the title.... Your teams your team and in my view you jump ship your a sell out, and for people to say I would leave to if I was under the venkys then thats just too easy of an excuse.

As for the Shearer boos yes they were ridiculous and wrong as he was a great servant for the club in what he achieved, he also moved to 'his' home town club which he loves, didnt see him choosing manchester united which he easily could have done. Big respect for shearer and a legend, him and jones are in no way a comparision

I dont think Jones left for just the money. Didn't we offer him a mega money deal to stay?? He left because he has ambition. I really doubt that he'd be on the fringes of the England first team if he had stayed here. Not to mention all the trophies and success that he'll receive at club level. Its a perfectly understandable move.

His career will last for 10/12 years and he has every right to make the most of it whilst it lasts. He's clearly destined for bigger things than Blackburn and so I do not blame him for leaving at all. Yes he supported us but would you expect a player who was a Bolton fan to remain with them if Barcelona or Man Utd offered them a deal? No.

I'm booing him when he returns to Ewood. 9 years of hard work, nurture and development this club put into him and how does he repay us? Firstly by insisting on a transfer clause that severely undervalues him, and then by leaving at the first opportunity. Compare that to Damien Duff for example. He gave us 184 games over a 7 year period and then finally left for an appropriate fee. He did everything right by Rovers and Jones did everything wrong. I'm not generally a booer of former players, the stick Shearer got was an utter disgrace and I'd never boo anyone who give a few years to the club. 35 games from Jones however is a total joke, and he has the cheek to call himself a Rovers fan!

I'm booing him when he returns to Ewood. 9 years of hard work, nurture and development this club put into him and how does he repay us? Firstly by insisting on a transfer clause that severely undervalues him, and then by leaving at the first opportunity. Compare that to Damien Duff for example. He gave us 184 games over a 7 year period and then finally left for an appropriate fee. He did everything right by Rovers and Jones did everything wrong. I'm not generally a booer of former players, the stick Shearer got was an utter disgrace and I'd never boo anyone who give a few years to the club. 35 games from Jones however is a total joke, and he has the cheek to call himself a Rovers fan!

+1 :tu:

In my book, Phil Jones gets applauded as he has made something of himself. He is an unassuming chap and I am sure would never gloat if he should play or score against us. He played his heart out when with us and deserved the chance to do something better. How would you have felt had the injury he sustained against West Ham been a career ending one? You would say 'Phil Jones . Oh yes he could have been something. ' Applaud the lad and wish him well.

Just really annoyed me how he said he was a Rovers fan because he obviously isn't (if reports are correct about him being offered the captaincy I defy any fan to turn that down) I think he should have given us longer for sure but I won't be booing or cheering him, he's just not on my radar.

Just really annoyed me how he said he was a Rovers fan because he obviously isn't (if reports are correct about him being offered the captaincy I defy any fan to turn that down) I think he should have given us longer for sure but I won't be booing or cheering him, he's just not on my radar.

He joined a club which has enabled him to win trophies, play in Europe and get to the fringes of the England first XI. Im confident that he wouldn't have achieved any of that if he had stayed at Rovers for another 6/12 months. We all dream of playing for Rovers but you cant hate the guy for simply fulfilling his potential. I would have loved him to stay but at the same time I dont hold it against him because I dont think its fair to have expected him, or anyone else in his position, to stay. Especially considering our ownership/management mess.

Please don't boo him.

Producing young talent is the only thing we have left. I'm proud of him.

We are a club that must sell to balance the books as we do not generate enough income. Uncle Jack set up the accademy to produce good players and we would all moan if it didn't. We have produced a player with great potential, that several big clubs wanted and given the fact every footballer is one bad challenge / accident (Jansen) away from ending their career, I feel we had to take the offer.

All the posters saying they would have stayed if they'd been in Jones shoes must be being a tad unfair, to say you wouldn't leave a company for a huge increase in salary, a chance to work for a huge, world recognised employee, to enhance your chance of representing your country, to travel the world and play against the best players in the world.

He's a young man, he has shown remarkable maturity, I wish him all the best and thanks for being a big part in our run in last season.

Football has been like this for years, there is no maximum wage anymore, get your heads out of the sand!

Boo, and the club gets ridiculed again by all who witness it, and, in this case, rightly so!!

Please don't boo him.

Producing young talent is the only thing we have left. I'm proud of him.

Ditto.

I also wonder how much Venkys "upset" at his leaving may be a case of "the lady doeth protest too much." Can you imagine Venkys' financial position in the Rovers without the 16-20 million from the Jones' sale? There were an awful lot of rumors he was leaving in January, before he injured himself.

This is an excellent post, which really resonates with me. Makes me feel very sad too.

Football is a different beast, even since Duff left, though. BRFC is also a far different animal from 18 months ago.

I don't blame him one bit for leaving...

Archived