BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v. Newcastle Preview - February 1, 2012

• Backroom

Shame for goodwillie he had a chance to get a decent run in the team here as well

Modeste won't be fit enough to last 90 I imagine so Slew may have to step up

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The strikeforce is woeful though - an untested (and presumably unfit) Frenchman up top on his own! An absolutely MASSIVE game needed by Modeste.

Comon Rovers! 2-0 to the boys.

I prefer 'unproven' rather than 'woeful', SR! I'll give Modeste the benefit of the doubt and say I hope he proves his ability this evening. Before the season started I would have cringed at a Rovers line-up including Yakubu on his own up front but am happy to have been proved wrong on that one. Good luck to Modeste- could make himself a Rovers favourite tonight. Supported by Hoilett as well- you never know it could be great?!

I think (and hope) 2-1 to Rovers....

The strikeforce is woeful though - an untested (and presumably unfit) Frenchman up top on his own! An absolutely MASSIVE game needed by Modeste.

Comon Rovers! 2-0 to the boys.

A lone striker role is an increasingly thankless task though. If he can just disrupt the Newcastle back four and allow space for the likes of Hoilett and Dunn in behind then he'll have done his job.

Archived