BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v. Newcastle Preview - February 1, 2012

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as Dunn paused half way through his run-up you knew he was going to miss it. Two players not communicating on the follow up as well.

Dunn has been excellent, penalty aside.

We've only ourselves to blame now if we don't get anything from this, the referee is doing his best to help.

Like most penalty saves, the keeper guessed the right way. You'd all be crowning him if the keeper guessed wrong.

Irrespective, it's a bad penalty.

Perfect height and direction for a 'keeper if they go the right way.

Look how Shearer or Le Tissier took them - even if you go the right way, you aren't saving them.

We need to bring on Formica or Rochina at half time. Newcastle looked like they were readying the bench in that first half, I imagine they'll bring off a striker for a midfielder.

We should bring Petrovic off, push Gamst back into central midfield and put Formica or Rochina on the right. It would give us another player capable of scoring a goal...for all our good play, a defender from a set piece still looks most likely.l

As said about Modeste, he's looking very useful. Would work well alongside the Yak by the looks of things. He can actually jump for these long balls too, and get the header somewhere near one of our own players.

How the hell we can dominate the first half with 14 shots and not score I do not know.

I'd love to say more of the same second half but we haven't exactly scored yet.. <_<

• Backroom

Modeste has actually had a decent debut. If it was 1-1 now I'd be quietly confident we might go on to win.

Only see a Newcastle win now though. Morale will have taken a hit with the inevitable penalty miss (we only have one player who can score penalties and he's unable to play) and we all know how Keano's team talks go.

We need to bring on Formica or Rochina at half time. Newcastle looked like they were readying the bench in that first half, I imagine they'll bring off a striker for a midfielder.

We should bring Petrovic off, push Gamst back into central midfield and put Formica or Rochina on the right. It would give us another player capable of scoring a goal...for all our good play, a defender from a set piece still looks most likely.l

Just play Vucekvic (sp) on the right.

Good performance so far and unlucky to be behind. The goal sums up so much about our season though. Sloppy pass in midfield, defenders not taking responsibility and then a poor attempt to clear it and a slice of bad luck. No wonder we haven't had a clean sheet yet. Modeste looks good though and the least said the better about Hoilett and his dive apart from how many mistakes can a ref make in 1 incident?.

Archived