BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v. Newcastle Preview - February 1, 2012

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite crazy really but I think with Newcastle missing a few players we have a great chance of taking 3 points tomorrow, vital we don't lose though.

QPR and Bolton both have tough games tomorrow, who knows by this time tomorrow we may even be out of the relegation zone and a couple of points clear, it's amazing how disastrous this season has been that we are still within touching distance of staying up.

Still think our fate pretty much will rely upon other teams doing worse than previous years, 40 points seems a long way off, but who knows maybe we can scrape 35 or so and stay up on goal difference or something.

Big game tomorrow, come on Rovers!!!

Confident for the game what with Newcastle having there problems with missing players.

For me the squad is still reasonably strong and we should have enough in us to beat them.

I would love to see:

4-2-3-1

Robinson

Lowe Dann Givet Olsson

Petrovic N'Zonzi

Hoilett Formica Rochina

Modeste

Come on now lads and lasses we haven't signed anyone of significance however we are not weaker. We need to get behind the boys tonight, the spirit, fight and guts are their for all to see,I in no way like kean however for the next few months we HAVE to back the team, if we do we can do this.

Robbo

Lowe

Givet

Dann

Ollson

Rochina

Nzonzi

Petro

Dunn

Juniour

Modeste

COYB

Confident for the game what with Newcastle having there problems with missing players.

For me the squad is still reasonably strong and we should have enough in us to beat them.

Can't believe the number of supporters thinking this !!!

We will be without, arguably, our two most influential players this season in Samba & Yak. Our attack will be led by either Modeste or Goodwillie.

I think a draw ids best we can hope for.

Our home form is abysmal so anything other than a defeat will be welcome. Rovers played well at Everton and deserved to win so it is important to follow that with another strong performance.

I'll go home happy if we achieve a clean sheet for the first time since goodness knows when.

Team for tonight will hit the ground running!

Robinson, Orr, Samba, Nelson, Ollson?

Andrews Pederson, Lowe, Ollson?

Modeste, Roberts

Oh er....

Robinson,

Lowe, Givet, Dann, Ollson

Petrovic, Dunn, Pederson, Nzonzi

Goodwillie, Hoilett

1-1 (Hoilett)

think we have a chance tonight.

the way we've performed over the last month gives me hope!

i'm not giving kean any credit, cos his tactics are still suspect.

i think the upturn is mostly due to the players showing heart, commitment and spirit!

Lets hope not :lol:

im in need of light relief, so in honour of the geordies coming to town..

some Alan Partridge and Michael moments!

My link

"a cup of beans" one my favourite lines ever! :lol:

there's my name change! ;)

I would love to see:

4-2-3-1

Robinson

Lowe Dann Givet Olsson

Petrovic N'Zonzi

Hoilett Formica Rochina

Modeste

Goodwillie and Dunn played well against Everton. why would you replace them? And Pedersen for taht matter.

Its so tight at the moment, anyone can beat anyone.

But if tonight goes well for us it would be a big boost to our survival.

Because of our terrible half to the season tonight is another massive game for us.

Id go for:

Robinson

Lowe Hanley Givet Olsson

Petrovic N'Zonzi

Hoilett Dunn/Formica Vukcevic/Rochina (but it will probably be Peds.)

Goodwillie

I think Dunn and Goodwillie play much better together.

Dunn and the yak seem to just get in each others way not sure why.

Archived