SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] orr?

ABBEY

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets give the guy a chance ffs

I think people will give him a chance, but let's face it it's not the type of signing that's going to get people's blood pumping, along with the fact that our owners are still relatively new and should be investing in us.

Yes lets give a player a chance, There are plenty of players that have just not fitted at a club and went on to be a big success when they move on.

can just see it now players getting boos before they even kick a ball

Have you actually rationalised this approach to deciding he deserves a chance, or is it just the same default reaction that some people have when we sign someone rubbish?

This "players not fitted" thing isn't a fair comparison to the types of player I'm guessing you have in mind. Bradley Orr is 29 years old and has started less Premier League games than 18 year old Adam Henley.

He is not Premier League standard. This is a really poor signing.

Have you actually rationalised this approach to deciding he deserves a chance, or is it just the same default reaction that some people have when we sign someone rubbish?

This "players not fitted" thing isn't a fair comparison to the types of player I'm guessing you have in mind. Bradley Orr is 29 years old and has started less Premier League games than 18 year old Adam Henley.

He is not Premier League standard. This is a really poor signing.

i think the only reason people are deciding he does not deserve a chance is because of who signed him.

don't get me wrong he could turn out to be rubbish, 50% of signings generally turn out to be average or below.

I will give him the same chance i give Ryan nelson.

i think the only reason people are deciding he does not deserve a chance is because of who signed him.

don't get me wrong he could turn out to be rubbish, 50% of signings generally turn out to be average or below.

How's that work?

The bloke is a 29 year old lower league journeyman, not an unknown centre half from the MLS.

This "players not fitted" thing isn't a fair comparison to the types of player I'm guessing you have in mind.

See...totally unfair comparison. Where did you stand on Ribeiro?

At least he can play RB, and we can push Lowe to DM duty

Any team with Orr at right back and Lowe in midfield is heading for relegation. There are mid level Championship teams that can offer better. :(

Complete waste of cash, as Lowe is already a capable right back, and the very promising Henley can play there as well. Lowe hasn't impressed in midfield, however he has been solid for us at the back. Getting Orr in as starting RB and moving Lowe to the centre of the midfield will actually weaken our team.

Horrible signing. Flogging/trying to flog Formica to fund the signing of Bradley Orr - effin hell.

Keith Andrews would be a better option at right back, a posistion he has filled before for us with some success. Kean has been making a big thing about playing young kids and then signs a 29 year old no mark. You couldn't make it up. Anyody know how much we have paid for him?

Archived