BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2012/13

Stuart

Assuming we aren't sold or put into administration, what could next season look like for Venkys FC?

Championship? Minus all of our current half decent players?

8,000 season ticket holders? Paying £450 each for the cheap seats?

11,000 gates? Closure of the family stand to reduce stewarding? A lone voice heard above the rumblings shouting "gerrintoem"?

Half the admin/sales staff out of work?

Kean still in charge? Talking about how we will still make the play offs / consolidate at mid-table / stay up!?

It seems virtually certain that life WITH Venkys and Kean is going to continue to be grim - even staying up could mean more downgrading of the first team (if possible). Life without them would probably mean administration and a protracted takeover (if we are lucky) but at least we could go into next season with our pride restored.

The league cup game against Newcastle this season painted a picture of what it might be like in the Championship next.

Can anyone argue a case for a more optimistic view of what next season might look like?

Well it's certainly looking like a Championship campaign next season. It's either going to take a dramatic upturn in form or sides around us imploding in order to stay up just.

Hard to say what the player situation would be if we drop a division. I would expect players like Robinson, Givet, Hanley, Olsson, Lowe and Samba to be looked at by other clubs. Hoilett is already gone. Rovers will be stuck with some high wage earners though, like Newcastle when they went down they had several past it players on big wages they couldn't shift.

On the attendances how much it drops will depend largely on who the manager is and who the owners are. You are going to see a dramatic drop anyway, but if Kean remains and Venky's continue to screw up then the fall could be huge. Prices will likely go up to try and cover the decline in overall ST numbers.

Financially there are so many variables to say what will happen, I expect the worst considering the situation with Barclay's and the clear lack of investment by the owners post takeover.

1328435491[/url]' post='1222447']

Assuming we aren't sold or put into administration, what could next season look like for Venkys FC?

Championship? Minus all of our current half decent players?

8,000 season ticket holders? Paying £450 each for the cheap seats?

11,000 gates? Closure of the family stand to reduce stewarding? A lone voice heard above the rumblings shouting "gerrintoem"?

Half the admin/sales staff out of work?

Kean still in charge? Talking about how we will still make the play offs / consolidate at mid-table / stay up!?

It seems virtually certain that life WITH Venkys and Kean is going to continue to be grim - even staying up could mean more downgrading of the first team (if possible). Life without them would probably mean administration and a protracted takeover (if we are lucky) but at least we could go into next season with our pride restored.

The league cup game against Newcastle this season painted a picture of what it might be like in the Championship next.

Can anyone argue a case for a more optimistic view of what next season might look like?

If Venkys still own the Club - no.

Hard to say what the player situation would be if we drop a division. I would expect players like Hanley to be looked at by other clubs.

Are you serious?? This guy is so sh!t its unreal. Totally lacking any redeeming qualities. Distribution is the worst I've seen from anyone playing in this league ever...

Too early to speculate yet what next season looks like. The only thing I think is inevitable is championship football. That is not the end of the world, getting rid of Venkys is far more important.

Under venkys the future is grim - think everyone knows that. I very much doubt they will still be here next season though.

My prediction is a takeover by a consortium headed by the two ian's. If that happened, there would be massive changes. They would want to surround the club with 'rovers people'. Think they would look to get jw and tom finn back on the board (they didnt ever want to leave), a small share of the club would be offered to supporters, wayne wild would be offered a non executive role on the board, and they would try and get former legends such as hendry and tugay involved in the club at some level (much like Redknapp brought in loads of spurs old boys into the set up at spurs).

Looks very much like the Championship next season. We need to win six or seven games between now and the end of the season to stay up. How are we going to do that?!

The only silver lining is we do look like we have some decent young players. Bunn, Henley, Hanley, Morris, Lowe can be the core of a squad. The main concern will be to arrest the fall and not plummet through the divisions.

We need investment and a shrewd battling manager.

Attendances in the late 1960s after the 1966 relegation declined to the 11,000 - 15,000 mark and continued the drift downwards to 7,000 - 8,000 in the 1970s. Obvuiously there were a few more on for the "bigger" matches but within 10 years of going down an attendance of 10,000 was considered good.

Given the disaffection with the club in the town I would expect a similar slump again. It's is going to be long haul to win back the public's trust and we may never play in the Premier League again - certainly not in my lifetime.

Dont agree with that but you dont half take some unreal sh!t. :wstu:

Illiterate.

Looks very much like the Championship next season. We need to win six or seven games between now and the end of the season to stay up. How are we going to do that?!

The only silver lining is we do look like we have some decetnt young players. Bunn, Henley, Hanley, Morris, Lowe can be the core of a squad. The main concern will be to arrest the fall and not plummet through the divisions.

We need investment and a shrewd battling manager.

Warnock??

Attendances in the late 1960s after the 1966 relegation declined to the 11,000 - 15,000 mark and continued the drift downwards to 7,000 - 8,000 in the 1970s. Obvuiously there were a few more on for the "bigger" matches but within 10 years of going down an attendance of 10,000 was considered good.

Given the disaffection with the club in the town I would expect a similar slump again. It's is going to be long haul to win back the public's trust and we may never play in the Premier League again - certainly not in my lifetime.

Whilst there is life in a club there is alway hope.

You only have to look at Brighton as an example. In 1997 / 98 they were in danger in going into the conference. It was only a boardroom takeover that stopped them going into liquidation. That takeover saved them. They went many years where they did not even have their own football ground to play matches. They moved from ground to ground, sharing with this club, that club. They had a very long battle with sussex council for permission to build a new ground at Falmer. Eventually it was acheived. Last season they got promoted into the championship and at the sametime moved into their new ground at Falmer for the start of this season. Every season ticket was sold (17.500) There is now a waiting list. Most matches are sold out. Now they have already applied for planning permission to extend the stadium by a further 8000 seats.

Yes it was a battle / struggle for years. But from near liquidation 14 years ago, to what they have now is a mighty achievement.

Rovers are capable of doing the same. Not under Venkys of course. Supporters have to stay loyal to the club - not the owners / manager. But the club has to stay alive for there to be hope. Only the supporters can keep the club alive. They can only do that by attending matches, buying things in the shop etc and getting behind the team and hope we stay in the prem.

Even if it means stopping all protests.

Since Wigan venkys have stayed away. They are afraid to come back. Thing is we have no other owner. So as a club, we need them - like it or not - to come back again. Invest, because we need their money.

I hate venkys and what they have done to this club. If they come back, maybe eventually it will make it easier for somebody else to buy the club. But at the moment there is a stand off between owners / club and supporters. That stand off is doing nobody any good at all. The club needs money coming into it in order to survive.

what a way to get any people's hope down ###### thread

King of ###### threads I bow to your greater knowledge, spammer.

In fact, I look forward to reading of your alternate positive version of next season with your hero still at the helm after steering Rovers to a second consecutive survival. He'll win the Manager of the Season award too.

Please, I really want to hear how Venkys are going to suddenly become interested and bring in all those quality players they promised Samba when they got him to sign his new contract last Summer.

I look forward to Venkys getting down on their knees to apologise to the fans and beg John Williams to return.

C'mon let's hear it. Oh he of "get behind your manager" in the aftermath of a 7-1 defeat. :angry:

Whilst there is life in a club there is alway hope.

You only have to look at Brighton as an example. In 1997 / 98 they were in danger in going into the conference. It was only a boardroom takeover that stopped them going into liquidation. That takeover saved them. They went many years where they did not even have their own football ground to play matches. They moved from ground to ground, sharing with this club, that club. They had a very long battle with sussex council for permission to build a new ground at Falmer. Eventually it was acheived. Last season they got promoted into the championship and at the sametime moved into their new ground at Falmer for the start of this season. Every season ticket was sold (17.500) There is now a waiting list. Most matches are sold out. Now they have already applied for planning permission to extend the stadium by a further 8000 seats.

Yes it was a battle / struggle for years. But from near liquidation 14 years ago, to what they have now is a mighty achievement.

Rovers are capable of doing the same. Not under Venkys of course. Supporters have to stay loyal to the club - not the owners / manager. But the club has to stay alive for there to be hope. Only the supporters can keep the club alive. They can only do that by attending matches, buying things in the shop etc and getting behind the team and hope we stay in the prem.

Even if it means stopping all protests.

Since Wigan venkys have stayed away. They are afraid to come back. Thing is we have no other owner. So as a club, we need them - like it or not - to come back again. Invest, because we need their money.

I hate venkys and what they have done to this club. If they come back, maybe eventually it will make it easier for somebody else to buy the club. But at the moment there is a stand off between owners / club and supporters. That stand off is doing nobody any good at all. The club needs money coming into it in order to survive.

Good post PAFELL. It does indeed provide some hope that clubs like Brighton have become stronger following their ordeal. We can only hope that we do the same.

I don't agree though that Venkys will spend any more money on the club. I genuinely believe they have lost interest but are too stubborn to put the club up for sale.

King of ###### threads I bow to your greater knowledge, spammer.

In fact, I look forward to reading of your alternate positive version of next season with your hero still at the helm after steering Rovers to a second consecutive survival. He'll win the Manager of the Season award too.

Please, I really want to hear how Venkys are going to suddenly become interested and bring in all those quality players they promised Samba when they got him to sign his new contract last Summer.

I look forward to Venkys getting down on their knees to apologise to the fans and beg John Williams to return.

C'mon let's hear it. Oh he of "get behind your manager" in the aftermath of a 7-1 defeat. :angry:

You gave this fellow too much respect, Jisty. You honestly believe he's a serious poster?

Next season will be one of the most significant seasons in the club's history. The club will be wallowing in The Championship whilst Venky's sit on their hands, unable to find a buyer, yet doing nothing to support the club. We'll have gates on average of 12,000, Steve Kean will still be in charge, and the few half-decent players we do have will have jumped ship sooner than you can say 'chicken dippers', whilst the past-it large earners like Dunn & Pedersen will still be here gracing the likes of Millwall with their silky skills. Our record against Burnley will also come crashing down when Kean decides to 'forfeit' the match because he wants to save the lads for the game against Coventry.

...Too much?

You gave this fellow too much respect, Jisty. You honestly believe he's a serious poster?

Next season will be one of the most significant seasons in the club's history. The club will be wallowing in The Championship whilst Venky's sit on their hands, unable to find a buyer, yet doing nothing to support the club. We'll have gates on average of 12,000, Steve Kean will still be in charge, and the few half-decent players we do have will have jumped ship sooner than you can say 'chicken dippers', whilst the past-it large earners like Dunn & Pedersen will still be here gracing the likes of Millwall with their silky skills. Our record against Burnley will also come crashing down when Kean decides to 'forfeit' the match because he wants to save the lads for the game against Coventry.

...Too much?

I seriously dread to think what will happen if we play Burnley next season with Kean still in charge.

I also dread to think what will happen if we lose.......

Good post PAFELL. It does indeed provide some hope that clubs like Brighton have become stronger following their ordeal. We can only hope that we do the same.

I don't agree though that Venkys will spend any more money on the club. I genuinely believe they have lost interest but are too stubborn to put the club up for sale.

Just a thought. But who would buy the club at the moment with all the tension around the place. Anybody coming in would fear the fans protesting happening to them, if there was a string of bad results.

We want Venkys out, but not at the cost of damaging the rovers brand that puts off others interested in buying the club.

But there are some folk on here who are happy for the club to go down, if it means getting rid of venkys. They need their heads testing. Rovers go down, there may well be no club to support. The first target for rovers supporters has to be to all they can to keep the club up.

Just a thought. But who would buy the club at the moment with all the tension around the place. Anybody coming in would fear the fans protesting happening to them, if there was a string of bad results.

I don't think that is true at all. If the Venky's left (preferably) or even if they just sacked Kean for a starters, the mood would immediately improve. I think I'd probably throw a party if either of these things happened.

People aren't protesting because of 'a string of bad results' are they? We've had bad results before and this has never happened. They're protesting at the way we've been taken from being comfortably mid table PL club, to the absolute shambles we are now. This is quite unprecedented for Rovers. We've been in big trouble before, but the difference between then and now is that there were people in the club that give a crap. Now there isn't - the Venkys have made sure they've stripped us of all the decent people leaving just a shell.

We want Venkys out, but not at the cost of damaging the rovers brand that puts off others interested in buying the club.

What brand is this now? The 'brand' is already completely damaged thanks to them.

The first target for rovers supporters has to be to all they can to keep the club up.

That is down to the manager and the players. Whatever the fans do, they cannot make up for inept performances like yesterday, clueless managerial decisions etc.

If we do somehow stay up, then what? Another year of Kean bullshitting at every possible opportunity, ignorance from the owners so long as they are picking up the money and another season of pissing around in the relegation zone. I don't want to be relegated, but if it meant these bunch of clowns left and we got new owners I think I'd take it.

I don't think that is true at all. If the Venky's left (preferably) or even if they just sacked Kean for a starters, the mood would immediately improve. I think I'd probably throw a party if either of these things happened.

People aren't protesting because of 'a string of bad results' are they? We've had bad results before and this has never happened. They're protesting at the way we've been taken from being comfortably mid table PL club, to the absolute shambles we are now. This is quite unprecedented for Rovers. We've been in big trouble before, but the difference between then and now is that there were people in the club that give a crap. Now there isn't - the Venkys have made sure they've stripped us of all the decent people leaving just a shell.

What brand is this now? The 'brand' is already completely damaged thanks to them.

That is down to the manager and the players. Whatever the fans do, they cannot make up for inept performances like yesterday, clueless managerial decisions etc.

If we do somehow stay up, then what? Another year of Kean bullshitting at every possible opportunity, ignorance from the owners so long as they are picking up the money and another season of pissing around in the relegation zone. I don't want to be relegated, but if it meant these bunch of clowns left and we got new owners I think I'd take it.

Excellent post. Spot on.

sorry pafell, thats the players' and manager's job, we as supporters can only get behind them as we have done all season, doesnt mean to say we are behind the venkys and manager, the players know who we are against, theres been plenty of times where we havent protested and yet still lost and like yesterday with a laclusture display, blaming the fans for the club's demise is out of order!!!

Archived