BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bright Side

Lots of depressed folk on here, it is depressing what has happened to our club, it's getting beyond belief. Personally, I thought the end may have been the Newcastle game, as never really thought we'd even get a draw at Arsenal! BUT miraculously and remarkably there is STILL a chance in avoiding the drop, further if results went our way on Saturday we could find ourselves 16th! However, we need a few things to go our way now:

1) QPR are also under pressure, having bought lots of players, they haven't really made any headway. In someways having resources and still failing to deliver, is sometimes harder than not having the resources at all.

2) Cisse is out, but so is Givet. However, for the moment we have adequate replacements

3) We need Samba back, what better way than proving to QPR that they should have paid £10m+.

4) The Yak is back fully rested

5) We have Kean.

Only joking re point 5, though I sense from neutrals it would be quite story, against all odds stuff if we survived. Perhaps, it's time to end the protest, no one is listening and the angst is becoming dull, and perhaps adopt a 'CONGA' we don't care mentality, fancy dress - dead chickens week etc and try more mockery (I think Venky's would hate that more!). Might lift the tension, and take us supporters less seriously, and perhaps we'll lift the gloom and tension, and even start winning.

So yes we’re in the last chance saloon, and yes it is bleak, but remarkably not without hope. Though not winning on Saturday would be the final nail, even for an optimist like me!

then we survive and another season like this?

This season is hell, I'd much rather be in the championship and have a squad, manager and chairman i respect then what we are living with.

It's almost like an abusive relationship, yet we should be happy because we have a nice house and fast car, it makes up for the bruises and getting slapped in the face everyday.

Don;t care what happens as long as Kean and Venkys leave.

then then what we survive and another season like this? hippy!!!!!!

This season is hell, I'd much rather be in the championship and have a squad, manager and chairman i respect then what we are living with.

It's almost like an abusive relationship, yet we should be happy because we have a nice house and fast car, it makes up for the bruises and getting slapped in the face everyday.

To be honest, I'm past caring if we stay up. In fact, I'd say we deserve to go down for what's happened in the past 12 months.

We survived by the skin of our teeth last season. Did Venky's learn from it? Nope. Instead, we heard how Kean was a "brilliant manager" and he earned himself a new contract. God knows what will happen if we cling on to the PL gravy train for another year. I would actually take relegation in a heartbeat if it meant we rid ourselves of these shysters and their imposter of a manager. More chance of that happening when we crash into the Championship than if we remain "India's Premier League Team".

*cue the onslaught of 'OMG You're not a true fan!'*

I would actually take relegation in a heartbeat if it meant we rid ourselves of these shysters and their imposter of a manager.

Couldn't agree with you more, I would rather watch Rovers in League 1 (in the knowledge that we had a stable club with a sound financial base) than have the Venky's (and Kean) anywhere near the club.

Oh yeah the positives:

1) Lower wage bill

2) Lower average age of squad

3) Exciting youth prospects coming through the academy

4) The Venky's and kean wont be here for ever.

5) Ex players are starting to reveal some truths to media (i.e Andrews)

6) Local derbys against Blackpool and the Dingles next season.

Couldn't agree with you more, I would rather watch Rovers in League 1 (in the knowledge that we had a stable club with a sound financial base) than have the Venky's (and Kean) anywhere near the club.

Oh yeah the positives:

1) Lower wage bill

2) Lower average age of squad

3) Exciting youth prospects coming through the academy

4) The Venky's and kean wont be here for ever.

5) Ex players are starting to reveal some truths to media (i.e Andrews)

6) Local derbys against Blackpool and the Dingles next season.

Negative however, is that we'll probably lose to them both.

To be honest, I'm past caring if we stay up. In fact, I'd say we deserve to go down for what's happened in the past 12 months.

yeah watch out for the Abbey abuse but......

Take me back to March 2001, I was happy in the championship, we had promising team, a respected manager, a great chairman, something to look forward to..

What do we have now, a team falling apart, a manager that I hate more then I ever though I could hate a manager and a stupid idiot owners.

The Rovers of March 2001 in the Championship will be in no way comparable to what is in store for us in 2012.

Back then we had a top manager, top players and a top class set-up.

True, Matty, but we need Venky's out of here to rebuild the club - and relegation will facilitate that. It's inevitably going to happen under Venky's, so why not sooner rather than later?

We survived by the skin of our teeth last season. Did Venky's learn from it? Nope. Instead, we heard how Kean was a "brilliant manager" and he earned himself a new contract. God knows what will happen if we cling on to the PL gravy train for another year. I would actually take relegation in a heartbeat if it meant we rid ourselves of these shysters and their imposter of a manager. More chance of that happening when we crash into the Championship than if we remain "India's Premier League Team".

*cue the onslaught of 'OMG You're not a true fan!'*

Your not a true fan.

then we survive and another season like this?

Unfortunately I fully agree, which is a damning indictment on all the cancerous elements involved with running the club.

yeah watch out for the Abbey abuse but......

Take me back to March 2001, I was happy in the championship, we had promising team, a respected manager, a great chairman, something to look forward to..

What do we have now, a team falling apart, a manager that I hate more then I ever though I could hate a manager and a stupid idiot owners.

?

Remember that Balaji said his son will take over the reigns one day...

So be happy in knowing that this little jumped up **** will probably continue in destroying our club even further.

On the other hand, if they said that, it won't happen! :tu:

Your not a true fan.

Ha ha

I guess being a 'true fan' is relative. Most of us are die hard true fans of the club. I consider myself a true fan of the club I have known and followed for over 30 years.

But I am not however a 'true fan' of the current set up at the club, and if there is pain involved in cutting out the cancer, so be it. At least there is a chance of recovery after. I too would take relegation in a second to rid ourselves of the cancer.

Disappointingly, we may well be looking at almost certain relegation regardless, with the cancer intact and still killing the club slowly.

Archived