BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves V Rovers Preview

Yes.

It's more of a battle. But it's less soul destroying. It helps that I believe we will come through this though. That's where you and I differ.

Yes, we are all aware that players need blooding in. Surprises me when some of the young players for us at the moment get stick for putting a pass wrong, and that they sometimes play in a hostile atmosphere.

Tell me though, was Giggs brought on as a target for long balls? There is no way you can say Hoilett wasn't.

So your comparing Giggs early career with Hoillet? You are aware of what Giggs had around him etc and then obviously look at what Hoillet has around him, it doesn't compare. Sam also got Junior to sign on again, One would assume that meant Junior had no issue with the Long balls, and without any premature ejaculations.

Hostile environment, given everything the fans have had to witness and hear? Owners who barely speak and announce champions league here we come? And yet we see ourselves more likely facing the championship. It's bound to be hostile and if anything the fans have been restrained. The majority only know what they read in papers etc as it's clear from from all frequent the Internet and even the local paper says bye bye Keano your dross. His record is still worse than Inces and hasn't he done well since!

Fantastic I'm glad you see brighter days. I too believe we'll come through this and so does almost every other fan. Because one day they'll be gone and the club will move on.

I know at this point I should really ask a question as it will obviously display the difference between us. If you found a lovely turd and wanted to display it on your mantel piece would you bother polishing it first?

I think everyone on here knows my opinion on whether you can polish a turd or not.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So your comparing Giggs early career with Hoillet? You are aware of what Giggs had around him etc and then obviously look at what Hoillet has around him, it doesn't compare. Sam also got Junior to sign on again, One would assume that meant Junior had no issue with the Long balls, and without any premature ejaculations.

Hostile environment, given everything the fans have had to witness and hear? Owners who barely speak and announce champions league here we come? And yet we see ourselves more likely facing the championship. It's bound to be hostile and if anything the fans have been restrained. The majority only know what they read in papers etc as it's clear from from all frequent the Internet and even the local paper says bye bye Keano your dross. His record is still worse than Inces and hasn't he done well since!

Fantastic I'm glad you see brighter days. I too believe we'll come through this and so does almost every other fan. Because one day they'll be gone and the club will move on.

I know at this point I should really ask a question as it will obviously display the difference between us. If you found a lovely turd and wanted to display it on your mantel piece would you bother polishing it first?

I think everyone on here knows my opinion on whether you can polish a turd or not.

No, somebody else was comparing the two. I was suggesting they weren't comparable.

Keep up.

If fans believe champions league talk then they deserve what they get. Nobody is questioning Venky's lack of knowledge.

• Backroom

If fans believe champions league talk then they deserve what they get. Nobody is questioning Venky's lack of knowledge.

I don't think anyone believed Venky's BS about Champions League. There was just a worldwide cringe and anger from the fans that they were embarrassing us with their ignorance. Talk of Ronaldinho and Beckham just compounded that.

There's a lot of clamour for the owners to speak recently, but I'm personally glad they've shut up and hope it stays that way. Let Kean do the talking and take the flack, the owners don't need to pretend to know anything about the game and nor do they need to make idiotic promises that make no sense.

I don't think anyone believed Venky's BS about Champions League. There was just a worldwide cringe and anger from the fans that they were embarrassing us with their ignorance. Talk of Ronaldinho and Beckham just compounded that.

There's a lot of clamour for the owners to speak recently, but I'm personally glad they've shut up and hope it stays that way. Let Kean do the talking and take the flack, the owners don't need to pretend to know anything about the game and nor do they need to make idiotic promises that make no sense.

Worldwide cringe? I really think people overestimate Rovers on anything more than a national stage. There were quite a few laughs that Venky's were chicken farmers, but that was played on because it was an angle to come at. The Ronaldinho and Beckham links aren't something I particularly care of. In a world of money advertising is important. Who else was going to buy us out and spend money?

The fans have embarrassed themselves far greater than the owners have. I'm embarrassed to be a Rovers fan these days. I still am one, though i don't see myself as part of the collective. People laugh at the protests more than the chicken farmers.

The fans have embarrassed themselves far greater than the owners have. I'm embarrassed to be a Rovers fan these days. I still am one, though i don't see myself as part of the collective. People laugh at the protests more than the chicken farmers.

That's not true and you know it.

Your most transparent trolling post yet.

That's not true and you know it.

Your most transparent trolling post yet.

It is true. Speak to any neutral, with them leading the conversation and have them not know you are a Rovers fan and what do they talk about? The idiotic fans. They have nothing good to say about Venky's but they don't speak about them at all anymore and they some good words about Kean, but the thing they choose to speak about is the fans.

It is true. Speak to any neutral, with them leading the conversation and have them not know you are a Rovers fan and what do they talk about? The idiotic fans. They have nothing good to say about Venky's but they don't speak about them at all anymore and they some good words about Kean, but the thing they choose to speak about is the fans.

You obviously associate with the red top reading, talksport listening fan.

You obviously associate with the red top reading, talksport listening fan.

Not really. Quite a few who I talk to agree at the ridiculousness of 24 hour football and the poor journalism in the sport.

But even if I did, that doesn't disprove my point that the majority of people find the protests more laughable, as the majority of people following the sport are much closer to talksport and red tops to accurate perceptions of clubs they don't support. So I don't see your point.

Not really. Quite a few who I talk to agree at the ridiculousness of 24 hour football and the poor journalism in the sport.

But even if I did, that doesn't disprove my point that the majority of people find the protests more laughable, as the majority of people following the sport are much closer to talksport and red tops to accurate perceptions of clubs they don't support. So I don't see your point.

Outside Lancashire you may be correct - but most of the time I receive a large amount of sympathy from rival fans who can't believe the mess that the Venky's have made, or that Kean remains in a job. All agree with the protests - and many are surprised that they have stayed peaceful.

Outside Lancashire you may be correct - but most of the time I receive a large amount of sympathy from rival fans who can't believe the mess that the Venky's have made, or that Kean remains in a job. All agree with the protests - and many are surprised that they have stayed peaceful.

Difference being your people exist. braddock's don't.

Sorry to shatter the illusion but the protesters lost a lot of neutrals with the Jack Walker statue incident and the booing of our manager when he was celebrating an important goal with Yak. One can argue all day about how the actions were meant but that doesn't change how the world saw them...

Inb4 redtopreader :rolleyes:

Sorry to shatter the illusion but the protesters lost a lot of neutrals with the Jack Walker statue incident and the booing of our manager when he was celebrating an important goal with Yak. One can argue all day about how the actions were meant but that doesn't change how the world saw them...

What Jack Walker statue incident? City last season? What 'neutrals' even know about that?

What Jack Walker statue incident? City last season? What 'neutrals' even know about that?

The week of mourning to mark the death of the club, co-inciding with the 1 year anniversary of the takeover (november i think?) by laying wreaths at the foot of Jack Walkers statue. It made the national press i believe and was even discussed during the broadcast of premier league games over here (Sweden) so i assume a few neutrals got to here about it.

Oh aye, to be fair I don't think that had much of an effect.... the Swansea booing incident, on the other hand was the day the press got behind Kean (after taking the pi$$ big time for weeks) and they have stayed with him since.

Why blame the protesters for booing when Yak high fived Kean ? The boos rang out loud from every area of the ground then. I was in the middle of the JW upper and there were plenty booing and angry around me, women, oap's etc not your average protesters i dont think. Some of you lot on here slaggin our own fans want to actually attend some flamin games home and away and see the fans behind the team mostly :angry2:

Why blame the protesters for booing when Yak high fived Kean ? The boos rang out loud from every area of the ground then. I was in the middle of the JW upper and there were plenty booing and angry around me, women, oap's etc not your average protesters i dont think. Some of you lot on here slaggin our own fans want to actually attend some flamin games home and away and see the fans behind the team mostly :angry2:

If you are replying directly to me please don't use the phrase "you lot" :rolleyes:

What on earth is "an average protester"?

If you are replying directly to me please don't use the phrase "you lot" :rolleyes:

What on earth is "an average protester"?

I suppose i can now exclude you from the 'you lot' comment as ive just noticed your in Sweden :unsure: By average protester (as if i need to explain it) i mean going off the marches and the people who organise them seem to be mainly blokes/lads under the age of 60. Not everyone of course but you get what i mean. Some of the people in the JW upper of older ages are probably the most passive in english football but there was uproar in there as they played out the pre empted stunt on the touchline.

Anyone who has a reasonable knowledge of football appreciates our predicament. I dont think the fan protests achieved a great deal but at the same time, I can totally understand why the fans took part and sympathise with the point they were trying to make. The problem is that too much of the focus was on Kean and not enough on Venky's as a whole, but that's just my opinion. We, as fans, needed neutral fans/pundits to get on board with the message and unfortunately, demonising one individual, regardless of how justified it was, didn't look great. Perception was everything and shouting at one bloke on the touchline for 90 mins didn't win us many fans. Kean was almost too easy a target.

Anyway, great result on the weekend. Being able to score goals regularly may just be enough to scrape over the line. One or two clean sheets earlier in the season and we may never have been in this position. It's going to be a close race and the Bolton game is absolutely huge.

I suppose i can now exclude you from the 'you lot' comment as ive just noticed your in Sweden :unsure: By average protester (as if i need to explain it) i mean going off the marches and the people who organise them seem to be mainly blokes/lads under the age of 60. Not everyone of course but you get what i mean. Some of the people in the JW upper of older ages are probably the most passive in english football but there was uproar in there as they played out the pre empted stunt on the touchline.

And therein lies the problem - the protesters claim to be representative of the fanbase but they are mainly "blokes/lads". Fine with me if they want to express themselves but they are painting themselves as "spokespeople for ALL the fans" which is backfiring by creating public sympathy for the very people they are protesting against :wacko:

As for the passivity of the pensioners - it's always been my experience that the over 60's at Ewood have always been very vocal (and disturbingly crude) when it comes to expressing negative sentiments :lol:

But to get back on topic - the Rovers fans at Molineux were awesome, after the first 15 minutes i can't remember hearing the wolves fans apart from the boos at halftime...

100% correct. Fans of other clubs mock and criticise our supporters far more than anything else. I'm not sure if certain Rovers fans simply surround themselves with like minded people and then bounce the same old perceptions between each other to create their personal sense of reality...or they are simply in denial - but this is how they/we are viewed by other supporters.

It made me chuckle the other day when someone dogged the Wolves fans for protesting about a "scouse mafia" at their club...and then someone else suggested that the two aren't comparable situations. I had to stop and think whether or not I'd imagined the early protests were fuelled by the organisors with rumours of Kean being part of the Glaswegian maffia, hostile takeovers, bribery, corruption, FA investigations, automatic demotion and corporate espionage and God only knows what else...these rumours spread thus making ourselves very easy targets :blush:

Stayed peaceful?

There are people who think we've done well for not rioting?

I'm a season ticket holder in the top tier of the Blackburn End. I see what is happening around me. It isn't support when you compare it to some other teams. This season is one where the crowd are ready to turn. We don't clap decent tackles on the halfway line, or good passes. There's just murmurs, along with the Darwen end rumbling in the background with songs that aren't usually getting behind the team, just songs about making some noise, anti burnley chants and the occasional Yakubu songs. Our fans didn't even have a song for our missing soldier Nelsen. How depressing is that? How long has he been with us, how long has he been captain, and how long did we not even bother to think of a song? We've always been a little dodgy on the song front, but nowadays we rarely even acknowledge some nice play here and there but are more determined than ever to throw in some 'Get into them's' and loud groans when a youngster misplaces a pass.

Anyone who has a reasonable knowledge of football appreciates our predicament. I dont think the fan protests achieved a great deal but at the same time, I can totally understand why the fans took part and sympathise with the point they were trying to make. The problem is that too much of the focus was on Kean and not enough on Venky's as a whole, but that's just my opinion. We, as fans, needed neutral fans/pundits to get on board with the message and unfortunately, demonising one individual, regardless of how justified it was, didn't look great. Perception was everything and shouting at one bloke on the touchline for 90 mins didn't win us many fans. Kean was almost too easy a target.

Anyway, great result on the weekend. Being able to score goals regularly may just be enough to scrape over the line. One or two clean sheets earlier in the season and we may never have been in this position. It's going to be a close race and the Bolton game is absolutely huge.

Exactly. They were being organised by morons.

And when they weren't being morons, they were even more moronic.

No, somebody else was comparing the two. I was suggesting they weren't comparable.

Keep up.

So if fans believe what the owners tell them they get what they deserve? That's almost akin to saying you can't trust their words? Hoillet was doing fine under Sam, yes he could have played more, but Hoillet needed to learn about having an end product. Under Kean despite Wolves I think he's gone a bit backwards as by now he should really be producing more frequently, and yet that's his first real stand out performance in how long?

Are you still in education, college level or below?

In the real world people who suck at their job get sacked, in favour of those who can do the job required. It's not like school where they keep chipping away.

The only reason we may survive this season is that somehow there are clubs worse than us. Trouble is they were always worse than us and have nothing like our history or achievements. Their fans would be protesting as well if they'd fallen like we have.

I'm a season ticket holder in the top tier of the Blackburn End. I see what is happening around me. It isn't support when you compare it to some other teams. This season is one where the crowd are ready to turn. We don't clap decent tackles on the halfway line, or good passes. There's just murmurs,

I have to agree with that. BBE has been noticably quiet for most of the games this season.

From where i sit, in the riverside, the only sustained noise comes from the darwen enders.

The Villa game was probably the quietest I've ever known the BBend, eerie.

Hell of a lot of empty seats where ST holders usually reside as well. That giant flag (that needs a wash by the way!) is struggling to move across the stand with all the gaps.

Archived