BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves V Rovers Preview

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For this read 'barely got a game because Hoilett did not fit Allardyce's one dimensional, cynical, spirit sapping, highly effective "football'

If sam was still here you and many others would be still blaming him for everything and anything. But the fact is if he was here the club would be mid table and we would not have lost so many experienced players.

I'm so sick of some people constantly having a go at one of our better managers of recent history. Especially now when we are being managed by the worst manager in the entire football league.

What the hell is wrong with people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For this read 'barely got a game because Hoilett did not fit Allardyce's one dimensional, cynical, spirit sapping, highly effective "football'

I think most people read all your posts as "knows nothing, has the arrogance to believe he knows everything".

Did you bother to look at how many games Hoilett played under Allardyce? 27 games in 2009-2010. That's a lot of games in a debut season for a teenager - certainly doesn't qualify as "barely got a game".

I'm not sure how many games he played under Sam in 2010-2011 as I can't be bothered working it out - mainly because I don't need to since the 09-10 stat alone shats over your comment.

Great result, very important one too but I can't help but get the feeling that Kean seems to think we safe already. Too much back slapping and talk of how we got throught bad times etc. If this rubs off onto the players, then they may start to think they've cracked it and ease off .

Just spotted this rubbish from a few hours ago.

Simon, it might have escaped your attention that Sam gave Hoilett his debut as a youngster and slowly gave him more game time as he improved and gained confidence. It's what good managers do with young players and had nothing to do with "big Sam's style of play".

You really are hard of learning.

As for the contract, look to your friend and hero Steve Kean's quotes on signing Hoilett on a long contract from 12 months ago.

Rubbish. He was brought on every so often and the ball was punted up to him at neck height. He'd have never performed as well under Allardyce as he has under Kean, and he's now playing in a team several positions further down the table, where you'd think Allardyce's tactics were more suited.

What do you not understand about that? At what point did Rovers play a game where he could offer us anything, apart from on a ball bouncing to him in the right place? That's not providing for a player, that's just waiting, something you can't afford to do with Hoilett who plays best when he's got the ball at his feet ready to run at a player.

I do not for one minute expect Hoilett to have been as good under Allardyce as he was under Kean because he was more mature under Kean, but I don't feel he would have matured anywhere near the same amount if he'd continued under Allardyce's wing.

As for him leaving, that's what happens when a player plays well and doesn't know what's best for him.

They should be where they are AND playing football with the finances they have and the squad they possesed upon relegation. Should have been a lesser Newcastle of the other year.

He's getting his feet in. He's complaining the players need to get used to the system (and blaming as many others as well). He's bringing in players who can play the system. Before you know it he'll have them promoted (something any decent manager would be aiming for - the funny thing is he's on course to do it as well, as expected) and they'll be stuck with him, with a bunch of players who only know one way. Those playing at the club will be brainwashed into the hoof system and it will take a hell of a lot to undo the damage when they eventually get sick of him, which any club half decent eventually does.

Hilarious to watch happen to the likes of Newcastle and West Ham.

Soul destroying when it happens to your own beloved club.

Wow. They don't know how good they have it.

I for one wouldn't swap places with them.

If sam was still here you and many others would be still blaming him for everything and anything. But the fact is if he was here the club would be mid table and we would not have lost so many experienced players.

I'm so sick of some people constantly having a go at one of our better managers of recent history. Especially now when we are being managed by the worst manager in the entire football league.

What the hell is wrong with people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair (to me) I was on here with many others declaring what a ridiculous decision it was to sack Allardyce at the time. I have never been either pro or anti Allardyce, I was pragmatic enough to know that he was always likely to keep us up but going to matches had become more about a social gathering than enjoying the game. Some of the football was just awful.

As for Hoilett, I dont think he got that much game time under Allardyce because he just dosnt fit with the Allardyce pattern of play and, quite correctly, Allardyce judged that he wasn't good enough often enough. I think that's still largely the case now.

I think most people read all your posts as "knows nothing, has the arrogance to believe he knows everything".

This comment is just nonsense. I never make out that I know more than anyone else, that "I'm in know", or that my opinion is important. I leave that to plenty of others on here. I always stick my hand up and take the mickey out of my self on the fairly regular occasions that I'm wrong.

To be called 'arrogant' by possibly the most smug, self satisfied poster beggars belief.

There are plenty of arrogant posters on here, you are chief amongst them. Case for the prosecution below.

mainly because I don't need to since the 09-10 stat alone shats over your comment.

Did you bother to look at how many games Hoilett played under Allardyce? 27 games in 2009-2010. That's a lot of games in a debut season for a teenager - certainly doesn't qualify as "barely got a game".

I haven't had chance to check this but my recollection would tend to be that the majority of those were little more than cameo substitute appearances.

I think Sam spotted Phil Jones' potential early on and handled his development exceptionally well because he was a big strong Sam sort of player.

I wouldn't say he saw the same sort of potential in Junior or handled his development with equal aplomb at all.

Let us not forget Allardyce put in a lot of effort to get a work permit for Hoilet in the first place and encountered a lot of problems before he was successful.

So Allardyce did recognise the guy has some talent.

• Backroom

Hoilett was probably part of the bigger plan for Allardyce - not so useful whilst there were a lot of cloggers in the team but if he was able to follow the pattern of his Bolton side (ie. bringing in players like Okocha & Djorkaeff) Hoilett would become key to that.

As he was sacked before he got a chance to spend any actual money (Kalinic aside, bizarre transfer) I guess we'll never know.

Seriously a Sam debate?

Im sorry but you found his football boring that got us wins!

What the hell was saturday apart from a carbon cops of a Big sam performance and win? Lots of long balls hoofed to nowhere with wolves straight back in posession (the only reason wolves didnt do anything with their pesession was down to how terrible they were) and punting it long at every free kick and at every throw-in it was one of the worst and boring games of football Ive seen involving Rovers for a long time.

I'm not sure how many games he played under Sam in 2010-2011 as I can't be bothered working it out - mainly because I don't need to since the 09-10 stat alone shats over your comment.

I gave the stats early in the season but the vast majority of Hoiletts apps for Rovers under Sam were as a sub. When Kean took over Hoilett began starting games within the first three games and then scored 5 in 15 apps (need to check that again to be sure).

Hoilett was introduced by Sam by he was hardly played as a starter, similar to Rochina this season I would say, though I suspect Rochina has started even more games.

Twenty years plus ago a young 17-year-old winger at ManU by the name of Ryan Giggs broke into the first team and over the next 2 years often made only cameo appearances as a sub before establishing himself because he did not have the consistency required to be a regular first choice. Same with Hoilett ..... under Sam he wasn't ready to be a first pick and at times he is still not ready now. Those using Hoilett to have another go at Sam are pathetic.

I fall into your troll traps every time, but as I'm here...

You prefer the BRFC of today and find it less 'soul destroying' than the club of 18 months ago?

Yes.

It's more of a battle. But it's less soul destroying. It helps that I believe we will come through this though. That's where you and I differ.

Twenty years plus ago a young 17-year-old winger at ManU by the name of Ryan Giggs broke into the first team and over the next 2 years often made only cameo appearances as a sub before establishing himself because he did not have the consistency required to be a regular first choice. Same with Hoilett ..... under Sam he wasn't ready to be a first pick and at times he is still not ready now. Those using Hoilett to have another go at Sam are pathetic.

Yes, we are all aware that players need blooding in. Surprises me when some of the young players for us at the moment get stick for putting a pass wrong, and that they sometimes play in a hostile atmosphere.

Tell me though, was Giggs brought on as a target for long balls? There is no way you can say Hoilett wasn't.

Well fair enough bradders, game of opinions and all that, but for me, the security of the club is what matters, under Sam and JWI felt we were in safe hands, now the uncertainty is corrosive.

Saying that, we were nor 'secure' at all, as the Walkers were in cahoots with Jerome Anderson and preparing to sell us down the river...

Well fair enough bradders, game of opinions and all that, but for me, the security of the club is what matters, under Sam and JWI felt we were in safe hands, now the uncertainty is corrosive.

Saying that, we were nor 'secure' at all, as the Walkers were in cahoots with Jerome Anderson and preparing to sell us down the river...

Not to mention the debt we were building up. Luckily we had Warnock and Roque to cash in on and helped to keep the wolf from the door, it could really have been a disaster a little sooner.

Archived