BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves V Rovers Preview

We all love a good Sam bashing.

Sam-Allardyce-Quotes-of-the-Week-800_2506048.jpg

Any top manager with his experience would think they would be a success at Real Madrid. Allardyces PR problems stem from the fact that he should have stuck to thinking it. Honesty is not always the best policy.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rubbish. He was brought on every so often and the ball was punted up to him at neck height. He'd have never performed as well under Allardyce as he has under Kean, and he's now playing in a team several positions further down the table, where you'd think Allardyce's tactics were more suited.

What do you not understand about that? At what point did Rovers play a game where he could offer us anything, apart from on a ball bouncing to him in the right place? That's not providing for a player, that's just waiting, something you can't afford to do with Hoilett who plays best when he's got the ball at his feet ready to run at a player.

I do not for one minute expect Hoilett to have been as good under Allardyce as he was under Kean because he was more mature under Kean, but I don't feel he would have matured anywhere near the same amount if he'd continued under Allardyce's wing.

As for him leaving, that's what happens when a player plays well and doesn't know what's best for him.

Why has Kean played him left wing all season when it's obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse that Hoilett is the one who should be in a free role in support of the centre forward? This was clearly established last April / May with him in a roving role and Olsson on the wing. Maybe if Kean had played him there where he is happiest he might have signed that contract?

Personally though I predicted what would be Hoiletts best course of action 2/3 years ago..... sign a deal for Rovers until he was 21 and at the peak of his potential and then hawk himself around to the highest bidder. Completely obvious really cos he was too young to move at 18. If a big club had come in for him his wage wouldn't have been all that much better and not playing regularly in the Prem could easily have hindered his development.

They should be where they are AND playing football with the finances they have and the squad they possesed upon relegation. Should have been a lesser Newcastle of the other year.

:blink::blink: So wtf were they relegated if they were that good? :lol:

Braddock you don't half talk some crap in your continual attempts to justify your naive and simplistic opinion.

I haven't had chance to check this but my recollection would tend to be that the majority of those were little more than cameo substitute appearances.

I think Sam spotted Phil Jones' potential early on and handled his development exceptionally well because he was a big strong Sam sort of player.

I wouldn't say he saw the same sort of potential in Junior or handled his development with equal aplomb at all.

You didn't like Allardyces style Simon but you are making a massive mistake in underestimating his knowledge and mangerial ability. Allardyce would have known full well the potential of Hoilett. imo Hoilett would have developed just as well but would have been a better team player by now. Phil Jones was a one off at 18 whereas Hoilett needed longer to develop.

Plenty of 'hoof' and 3 points in the bag, that'll do nicely, shows that Kean learnt something when handing the bibs out.

First goal straight out of the long throw handbook. Cant think why kean banned the players from doing that from his elevation to manager and until half way through the Blackpool match. :rolleyes:

They should be where they are AND playing football with the finances they have and the squad they possesed upon relegation. Should have been a lesser Newcastle of the other year.

He's getting his feet in. He's complaining the players need to get used to the system (and blaming as many others as well). He's bringing in players who can play the system. Before you know it he'll have them promoted (something any decent manager would be aiming for - the funny thing is he's on course to do it as well, as expected) and they'll be stuck with him, with a bunch of players who only know one way. Those playing at the club will be brainwashed into the hoof system and it will take a hell of a lot to undo the damage when they eventually get sick of him, which any club half decent eventually does.

Hilarious to watch happen to the likes of Newcastle and West Ham.

Soul destroying when it happens to your own beloved club.

I for one wouldn't swap places with them.

Still a distinct possibility I'm afraid whether you approve or not.

:blink::blink: So wtf were they relegated if they were that good? :lol:

Braddock you don't half talk some crap in your continual attempts to justify your naive and simplistic opinion.

Me saying West Ham this season should be not far off Newcastle when they were in the Championship has confused you?

And congratulations for knowing exactly how Hoilett's career would pan out 3 years ago. Shame nobody believes you.

First goal straight out of the long throw handbook. Cant think why kean banned the players from doing that from his elevation to manager and until half way through the Blackpool match. :rolleyes:

Still a distinct possibility I'm afraid whether you approve or not.

Well Allardyce had some good things of course. Fitness and set pieces. The long throw and the long freekick unsettle the opposition. Kean clearly tried to stamp his own style on the team and it didn't work, so he developed his tactics for the better, something Sam would never do. Allardyce also used big boot at all times, not just with set pieces. We still get lumps up from Dann and Hanley from time to time, but a great deal of it is them being poor at distribution as you can see it isn't just a boot like our defence employed under Allardyce, they are trying to control their passes when they don't pass to a midfielder, but their passing isn't great. Overall it's still better than booting it every time they get it at their feet.

And I meant a swap as in having the chance to be in our position now or swap with West Ham now, knowing if they come up he'll have to stop, or spending another season down there. The fans are devastated to be in their position. It's not all arrogance on their part, there's good reason for their fear.

You didn't like Allardyces style Simon but you are making a massive mistake in underestimating his knowledge and mangerial ability. Allardyce would have known full well the potential of Hoilett. imo Hoilett would have developed just as well but would have been a better team player by now. Phil Jones was a one off at 18 whereas Hoilett needed longer to develop.

:blink:

Kean clearly tried to stamp his own style on the team and it didn't work, so he developed his tactics for the better, something Sam would never do.

That must be the worst defence of Kean ever. His useless (proven by his record) "tactics" failed, so he changed his principles (those that got the Sam-haters on-side) of losing tappy football, and started to mix things up? Oh yeah, just like Allardyce used to do. :rolleyes:

Allardyce also used big boot at all times, not just with set pieces.

You can't have gone to many games to spout that drivel. Where do you find out about matches, by reading The Sun?

FFS, we beat WOLVES. West Brom BATTERED them. Fulham BATTERED them. They are on their arses - theses are the types of games Kean wins. Most managers get sacked after losing to Kean!

If we beat Sunderland next week then I'll put up with your juvenile crowing - until then pipe the F down.

I'm a season ticket holder in the top tier of the Blackburn End. I see what is happening around me. It isn't support when you compare it to some other teams. This season is one where the crowd are ready to turn. We don't clap decent tackles on the halfway line, or good passes. There's just murmurs, along with the Darwen end rumbling in the background with songs that aren't usually getting behind the team, just songs about making some noise, anti burnley chants and the occasional Yakubu songs. Our fans didn't even have a song for our missing soldier Nelsen. How depressing is that? How long has he been with us, how long has he been captain, and how long did we not even bother to think of a song? We've always been a little dodgy on the song front, but nowadays we rarely even acknowledge some nice play here and there but are more determined than ever to throw in some 'Get into them's' and loud groans when a youngster misplaces a pass.

Pretty much lost the will to live defending Allardyce against the type of people who think Rovers moving slightly out of the relegation zone and West Ham moving slightly off the top is decent grounds to begin another promotion of their daft views.

So lets have a look at this instead. You criticise our support and yet you sit in the top tier of the Blackburn End. What exactly do you contribute up there with the kids? The crowd being "ready to turn" is an example of how marvellous our support is considering we have endured the worst season in living memory. Usually fans of a team who are bottom for half the season, in the relegation zone for most of it, with absent owners and a manager who can't be sacked, have turned long ago and stay turned. Criticising the Darwen End songs is the most pathetic thing I've ever heard in my life. We sing for 90% of every game win, lose or draw and you want to pick holes in the exact lyrics of some of our chants? The "song about making some noise" contains the line "come on cheer the boys" you flipping idiot.

Your avatar is such a perfect summation of your posts it makes me wonder why anyone (including myself) bothers to ever respond to you. It may as well be a picture of an "I'm with stupid t-shirt" and the arrow pointing up.

Well Allardyce had some good things of course. Fitness and set pieces. The long throw and the long freekick unsettle the opposition. Kean clearly tried to stamp his own style on the team and it didn't work, so he developed his tactics for the better, something Sam would never do. Allardyce also used big boot at all times, not just with set pieces. We still get lumps up from Dann and Hanley from time to time, but a great deal of it is them being poor at distribution as you can see it isn't just a boot like our defence employed under Allardyce, they are trying to control their passes when they don't pass to a midfielder, but their passing isn't great. Overall it's still better than booting it every time they get it at their feet.

And I meant a swap as in having the chance to be in our position now or swap with West Ham now, knowing if they come up he'll have to stop, or spending another season down there. The fans are devastated to be in their position. It's not all arrogance on their part, there's good reason for their fear.

perhaps if you changed your avatar some people might take you seriously,

you numbskull

On the pitch, we've had far worse, of course.

Off the pitch?

The Iley relegation year was worse imo. Lost a great manager in Smith who gave us thrilling football; Iley comes in and his first move was to get rid of Dave Wagstaffe. Iely was sacked and replaced by someone even less qualified than Kean. We knew we were down by Feb. Plenty of "Sack the board" Nuttall Street window kickings.

Hmm yeah maybe. Although in terms of points per game I can't, 0.89 at present. Marginally worse than our 98-99 relegation, and significantly worse than just Kidd's rate that season.

Presumably you weren't around for the 1965-66 relegation, or the relegation from the old second division a few years later. Now they were desperate times.

Hmm yeah maybe. Although in terms of points per game I can't, 0.89 at present. Marginally worse than our 98-99 relegation, and significantly worse than just Kidd's rate that season.

I don't remember our "points per game" being a consideration at all when I was watching or squad full of league champions surrendering our league status.

Anyone who reads braddock's posts is inviting high blood pressure. He's a WUM, made of the same stuff you scrap off your shoe. I placed him on ignore a long time ago and am much happier for it. I recommend you consjder doing the same.

Anyone who reads braddock's posts is inviting high blood pressure. He's a WUM, made of the same stuff you scrap off your shoe. I placed him on ignore a long time ago and am much happier for it. I recommend you consjder doing the same.

isn't Braddock a female?

What is this.....open season on Braddock? Is she just the latest victim for the many keyboard bullies that should find something more useful to do than attacking every post the poor girl makes? Just because her views don't happen to fully (or even partly) conform to your own; that does not deserve the treatment she has been getting on here. It put me in mind of the valiant 8 year olds proving their manly qualities by attacking the 5 year olds in a primary school playground.

Another thing.... have all the mods gone on strike or simply forgotten the rules of this MB which up until the last 2 or 3 years were always so diligently applied ?? Not too long ago it was poor Pafell that was the victim of the same childish behaviour. Come on now let's play fair for all.

What is this.....open season on Braddock? Is she just the latest victim for the many keyboard bullies that should find something more useful to do than attacking every post the poor girl makes? Just because her views don't happen to fully (or even partly) conform to your own; that does not deserve the treatment she has been getting on here. It put me in mind of the valiant 8 year olds proving their manly qualities by attacking the 5 year olds in a primary school playground.

Another thing.... have all the mods gone on strike or simply forgotten the rules of this MB which up until the last 2 or 3 years were always so diligently applied ?? Not too long ago it was poor Pafell that was the victim of the same childish behaviour. Come on now let's play fair for all.

I completely agree with this.

I don't agree with 90% of what Braddock is saying but that doesn't mean I don't want to read the 10% that I do agree with.

This is the BRFC Supporters message board not the Anti-Kean/Venky's/JA message board.

If you have strength in your convictions there is no need to shout down everyone who disagrees with you. That's what the Church does

Well Allardyce had some good things of course. Fitness and set pieces. The long throw and the long freekick unsettle the opposition. Kean clearly tried to stamp his own style on the team and it didn't work, so he developed his tactics for the better, something Sam would never do. Allardyce also used big boot at all times, not just with set pieces. We still get lumps up from Dann and Hanley from time to time, but a great deal of it is them being poor at distribution as you can see it isn't just a boot like our defence employed under Allardyce, they are trying to control their passes when they don't pass to a midfielder, but their passing isn't great. Overall it's still better than booting it every time they get it at their feet..

And this is why I am sure your knowledge of football is very limited, Sam Allardyce biggest strength was that he had each team organised, each player knew their role, hence the league position and points gained during his tenure.

If you have strength in your convictions there is no need to shout down everyone who disagrees with you. That's what the Church does

And yet some things are open to ridicule as long as they fit your (non) beliefs, eh Bucky.

Happy hunting for that 10% by the way.

Oh and Fife, fantastic irony in your post denouncing those unhappy with Braddock's wumming, considering the strong statement that he/she is male! He's definitely a wum-man though. (See what I did there).

Archived