BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players v venkys puppets

Obviously otherwise every team would have a Sam in charge.

Kean made a rookie mistake he walked in and decided to change everything at once. He should have slowly altered things as signings and time allowed, but he didn't. It's a mistake many new managers make and one that they generally die by, especially mid-season. Trouble is even with a whole pre-season he still hadn't gotten it right and even now we see him reverting back to Sam's tactics.

He is a charlatan and he obviously can't be that good a coach either otherwise it would be sorted. We've only started looking semi decent since Black came on board and us now being holders of the longest time in the HISTORY of the top flight without a clean sheet shows exactly what I mean.

But hey ho the little blighters trying, bless his cotton socks.

I agree with the start. But the football we play now is not like Allardyce's, aside from set pieces.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the start. But the football we play now is not like Allardyce's, aside from set pieces.

And long throw-ins! And, according to you, 2 central defenders hoofing it anywhere.

Funny how you go missing till we win and then you're all over the Board. If we win it means Coco is even more likely to stay and you'll be posting on here every 5 minutes.

Takes the edge off the celebrations somehow.

That's funny I'm 100% certain that another poster found the long ball stat's and we were still at the topish of the table.

Same ######, different bottle.

I also remember Sam playing some good stuff once we were safe and getting strong results.

Kean hasn't even managed a series of strong results to date.

And long throw-ins! And, according to you, 2 central defenders hoofing it anywhere.

Funny how you go missing till we win and then you're all over the Board. If we win it means Coco is even more likely to stay and you'll be posting on here every 5 minutes.

Takes the edge off the celebrations somehow.

Throw ins are a set piece.

I've explained why I come back after a win. Stop spinning in circles, you'll tire yourself out.

The central defenders distribution is poor, yes, unless Nzonzi comes short. Nzonzi comes short quite often. The problem comes when the defenders are closed down or Zonz doesn't look for the ball.

That's funny I'm 100% certain that another poster found the long ball stat's and we were still at the topish of the table.

Same ######, different bottle.

I also remember Sam playing some good stuff once we were safe and getting strong results.

Kean hasn't even managed a series of strong results to date.

There is no way you can say the football you are watching now is generally the same or less attractive than under Allardyce. That would be lying.

Throw ins are a set piece.

I've explained why I come back after a win. Stop spinning in circles, you'll tire yourself out.

The central defenders distribution is poor, yes, unless Nzonzi comes short. Nzonzi comes short quite often. The problem comes when the defenders are closed down or Zonz doesn't look for the ball.

There is no way you can say the football you are watching now is generally the same or less attractive than under Allardyce. That would be lying.

Our football is pretty much like Sam's except that:

We can't defend/ close out a game

We're in danger of relegation.

Our football is pretty much like Sam's except that:

We can't defend/ close out a game

We're in danger of relegation.

Have to disagree.

Sam's football was nothing but long balls and playing to our strengths (height and set pieces)

At least with Kean we're passing it around a bit more and attacking on the counter without lumping it field.

Granted there's still long balls. But the difference is; it's not every ball

Have to disagree.

Sam's football was nothing but long balls and playing to our strengths (height and set pieces)

At least with Kean we're passing it around a bit more and attacking on the counter without lumping it field.

Granted there's still long balls. But the difference is; it's not every ball

The biggest difference is--------we can't defend.

(you ignored that bit didn't you?)

The biggest difference is--------we can't defend.

(you ignored that bit didn't you?)

Not at all.

In my post I was referring to style of play and disagreed with your first initial statement ....I thought that was obvious?

If it makes you feel any better, I agree, we can't defend. Hense not disagreeing with you on that point.

Not at all.

In my post I was referring to style of play and disagreed with your first initial statement ....I thought that was obvious?

If it makes you feel any better, I agree, we can't defend. Hense not disagreeing with you on that point.

So we pass it around more and counter-attack but can't defend. Great!

60 goals let in so far, highest in the League, which is why we are deep in relegation trouble.

And the football is so much more enjoyable?

I enjoyed winning, especially at Ewood.

60 goals let in so far, highest in the League, which is why we are deep in relegation trouble.

What you maoning about - Kean promised more goals and is delivering :lol:

Yes, the style of play is more enjoyable to watch. That was my point.

Granted, not as affective defensively; just more pleasing on the eye.

• Backroom

Every so often we play some nice football.

Generally, though, our players struggle to pass to each other and lose possession. If we come under pressure we simply hoof it up the pitch, we don't try to play our way out of trouble. This tends to be why we have such a low amount of possession whenever we play teams. We cannot keep hold of the ball.

To me, that isn't pleasing on the eye. I remember watching the Sunderland match, for example, and being absolutely furious at how utterly inept we were for the entire second half. I've never seen a team with such a lack of direction, focus or confidence. We deserved to lose, though we nearly sneaked a draw. The last minute goal just topped off a terrible performance, and it's far from the first time I've watched us under Kean and thought "these players have no idea how they're supposed to be playing".

Admittedly, since Black has arrived we seem to be a little better. Fingers crossed he's taken over the tactical side of things and Kean has been reduced to essentially a talking head figure.

Yes, the style of play is more enjoyable to watch. That was my point.

Granted, not as affective defensively; just more pleasing on the eye.

I think you mean "effective". How is it more enjoyable to watch if you're leaking goals like a sieve and losing?

That's for neutrals or fans of other clubs. And you're overdoing the skills bit anyway, we were always capable of good football from time to time. We had quite a few good players.

Were you one of the ones who booed when we beat Wolves 3-0?

I think you mean "effective". How is it more enjoyable to watch if you're leaking goals like a sieve and losing?

That's for neutrals or fans of other clubs. And you're overdoing the skills bit anyway, we were always capable of good football from time to time. We had quite a few good players.

We´ve had a couple of good games under kean, but we had more under the previous manager.

people often forget, that sam loosened his normally tight grip, after we had secured or was close to securing survival.

i remember some fans claiming, that they would rather watch a season with some excitement,even if it meant a relegaton batle, as opposed to midtable security, so perhaps some of those are now pleased..

Indeed I do. Thank you dictionary corner.

We're also scoring more, which in effect IS more exciting.

Where have I overdone the skills bit?

And no, I wasn't booing. But I was probably talking to my mate more during the game due to dull football

It is not more exciting to score 40 goals when your opponents score 60! Only for neutrals and Burnley fans.

Its exciting for them when we are 3-1 up at Norwich with 6 minutes to go and draw 3-3. (Up first on MOTD that night!)

Was that exciting or excruciating? Did you walk out of Carrow Rd with a spring in your step?

Exciting is going into the last 10 minutes 1 up and holding on for a win.

Excitement is being totally outclassed for 90% of the game by Spurs and scoring 2 goals in the last 10 minutes.

Like it or not, excitement is born of winning and winning is built on defence, more often than not.

Please do not remind me about the Norwich match - I still haven't recovered from that particular "excitement". Norwich fans were excited though because they felt they had won.

The 2-1 Spurs match at the end of the season 2 years ago was classic Sam and why he was a great manager for Rovers.

Kean is doing something different, with quite a few different players. He's not doing as well as Allardyce by any stretch of the imagination. That's plain for everyone to see. One thing is for sure though, the ones who were leading the relegation talk this season (still could be the case) and last were wrong when they said we had no option but to have Allardyce. Very wrong.

25 points from 28 games would have us in the bottom three almost any other season, so I'm not really sure what you are talking about.

Allardyce was never the only option, but why fix what wasn't broke? He was a perfect fit for a club like us. Still, the main point was that replacing him with Kean was the disastrous move.

25 points from 28 games would have us in the bottom three almost any other season, so I'm not really sure what you are talking about.

Allardyce was never the only option, but why fix what wasn't broke? He was a perfect fit for a club like us. Still, the main point was that replacing him with Kean was the disastrous move.

I don't think you understand the lack of logic in this argument. In any other season the teams we played would have been performing different and so would we, because we would be performing against teams who were performing differently.If you are simply saying if other teams were performing better and we weren't, then you can say that for any season, any game, any anything.

It is not more exciting to score 40 goals when your opponents score 60! Only for neutrals and Burnley fans.

Its exciting for them when we are 3-1 up at Norwich with 6 minutes to go and draw 3-3. (Up first on MOTD that night!)

Was that exciting or excruciating? Did you walk out of Carrow Rd with a spring in your step?

Exciting is going into the last 10 minutes 1 up and holding on for a win.

Excitement is being totally outclassed for 90% of the game by Spurs and scoring 2 goals in the last 10 minutes.

Like it or not, excitement is born of winning and winning is built on defence, more often than not.

So what you want is pinball football? The football now is more exciting, but it can, should and hopefully will get better. If it doesn't then a change may need to be made. If he (or any other employee) ships up the defence then we'll be in a much better positon. I'm aware that the majority don't feel he ever will, but right now it doesn't look like he's going to be sacked until at the very earliest the end of the season so we've got little chance but to wait and see anyway.

Getting outclassed for 90% of a game and winning is fine when we are playing a top team, but using the same tactics and shutting up shop against lesser teams just isn't fun to watch. Just ask West Ham fans.

So what you want is pinball football? The football now is more exciting, but it can, should and hopefully will get better. If it doesn't then a change may need to be made. If he (or any other employee) ships up the defence then we'll be in a much better positon. I'm aware that the majority don't feel he ever will, but right now it doesn't look like he's going to be sacked until at the very earliest the end of the season so we've got little chance but to wait and see anyway.

Getting outclassed for 90% of a game and winning is fine when we are playing a top team, but using the same tactics and shutting up shop against lesser teams just isn't fun to watch. Just ask West Ham fans.

You lost credibility as soon as you said the football was more exciting. It is worse now than under Sam. One up top, hoofing it up to him, long throws, free kicks into the box from our own half.

It's a pure lie to say the football is better now, it's certainly not more exciting. The most exciting thing as a fan is to win games, the one thing we did under Sam. You say that using his tactics against lesser sides wasn't fun, but why did fans go away happy?because we were almost always in the game, and not outclassed. Ince tried to play good football too, it didn't work, I think you will find that fans enjoyed the big Sam reign more than the ince one.

Do you know what the most annoying thing as a fan is, we pay money to watch Our team, we go with hope, and expect to see some of the countries elite competition, and we turn up and the rovers defend like an u11's team. I don't find that exciting at all, it actually makes me extremely angry!

Carry on spouting your own lies to support your agenda, but it's not going to convince people who watch the games. The attendance figures do not lie, under Sam they went up massively, under kean, they have gone down, way past where they were before Sam. Why would people come to watch the so called 'less exciting football' but stay away now? And don't for a second suggest our fans our glory hunters, because if they were we would have none.

Archived