BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shirt Sponsorship

Due to the Fifa fair play rules which means teams need to sort there finances out and look a lot healthier, I was thinking to myself earlier after reading an article where a football player in france was wearing his teams shirt which displayed many sponsors.

My questions are, Do you think we will start to see more lucrative sponsorships in England on our team shirts? I mean if the Budesliga and Ligue 1 can do it and basically cover their teams shirt with x many brands of sponsors, then can't we? Is it govorned by the F.A. or FIFA. Do you guys see this as a viable option? Would it put you guys of buying your teams top?

If teams such as ourselves and Wigan etc made a few extra notes from more sponsorship then wouldnt it help us to fit into the New Fifa fair play rules?

I noticed a while ago Manchester Unitd wearing DHL on there training tops, I wonder if more clubs are going to follow suit, It must be more lucrative for clubs. I even think selling th stadium name rights, we will see more of it happening such as the Emirates Stadium, (Arsenal).

I'm aware that we have prince's trust etc but what im saying is potencially can we not have say another 3 or 4 companies with there logo's on our shirts, for example above the lettering on the back and below and on the sleeves etc?

Arnold_Mvuemba.jpg

For example, you can see Mvuemba of lorient in france with many sponsors on his shorts and shirt...

I'm aware that we have prince's trust etc but what im saying is potencially can we not have say another 3 or 4 companies with there logo's on our shirts, for example above the lettering on the back and below and on the sleeves etc?

I'm not sure of all the rules and regs but I am also a keen Rugby League fan - being from Wigan - and we have several minor sponsors on our shirt as well as a main sponsor - it suits the style of rugby shirts - and if you see any aussie rugby league shirts they have taken sponsorship to the next level.

To whether or not it would suit the traditional rovers shirt is up for debate i suppose - as for stadium rights - it will always be known as ewood to the fans - whether it is "something£@ ewwod park like sports direct @ st james park eg :wacko:

But the point is Dunnfc, until we can get one company to give us money to put there logo on our shirt, there's not much point in thinking about a further 2 or 3 for Rovers.

To answer generically, I think you are probably right about it being down to the individual countries, although I suspect it's the league (eg. PL) rather than FA - and it will probably come down to the money.

• Backroom

what about a combination on the shirt of:

"Lees Chippy, the best in Fenni" combined with "Pukka Pies" across the stomach area, and a further one from Lancs police saying "do not drink and drive".

Because Hollytree Chippy would have something to say about that :P

This thread is itching for a perthblue-style makeover! :D

Will put it on list of priorities in the morning :), lots of things to consider though face of Kean front centre or back centre of shorts ? and traditional Rovers shirt or the Nike Far East sweatshop can't read a design pattern correctly shirts as in this season.

Also got to think carefully of which player will be left to model next season's kit, uhmm need to look for some youth team , ball boy, programme seller pics, or might just use the next chris smalling no doubt he will still be here, and might have developed by then .

Will put it on list of priorities in the morning :), lots of things to consider though face of Kean front centre or back centre of shorts ? and traditional Rovers shirt or the Nike Far East sweatshop can't read a design pattern correctly shirts as in this season.

Also got to think carefully of which player will be left to model next season's kit, uhmm need to look for some youth team , ball boy, programme seller pics, or might just use the next chris smalling no doubt he will still be here, and might have developed by then .

:lol: Decisions, decisions...

Fairly certain premier league rules prevent more than one sponsor on a shirt.

Yes Maj currently.

I read a sunderland article the other week on how they are trimming costs ahead of the new rules, a nw sponsor or two on a shirt could see the likes of us bottom teams with a bit of extra money and as its a Premiership thing im guessing the rules could be changed without a Fifa/Platini influence?

Yes Maj currently.

I read a sunderland article the other week on how they are trimming costs ahead of the new rules, a nw sponsor or two on a shirt could see the likes of us bottom teams with a bit of extra money and as its a Premiership thing im guessing the rules could be changed without a Fifa/Platini influence?

But we can't even get one sponsor, let alone start worrying about two or three!

Championship clubs are allowed back of shirt and shorts sponsors so we'll be ok to look like a cycling top... so long as any company is stupid enough to link there name with Venkys.

The worst one of all is we have no shirt deal to bring in an extra £1million or so to boost our income next season should we go down.

I wonder if owners can sponsor their own teams at that level IE championship league.

Go down, sign 20 year silly cheap deal for Venky's on the shirt. Come back up and say silly cheap deal, so no financial benefit, we have contract etc etc and get their way most likely, provided they carry some butter.

If a rule was made that teams who fail to qualify for european football could have an extra sponsor on the back of their shirts (or sleeves) like in the chumpionship....maybe it might help even up the income imbalance of the top clubs & the rest?

....just a thought like :unsure:

Fairly certain premier league rules prevent more than one sponsor on a shirt.

I think the rules in the Football League, where we might well be playing next season, are different - I think they're allowed a smaller sponsorship either on the back of the shirt or on the shorts.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived