BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean new contract

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely. You'd think we'd be sold down the river and been in the bottom three all season or something. Nothing to see here. All is well.

Now then Brads, this girlfriend, is there anything we can do to get her to come back?

Small club (relatively) in relegation zone shocker!!

Essays at university mean she'll be busy for the foreseeable, though I'll be visiting on weekends so you'll have a little peace then. She's moving back to France come July though so it'll be 24/7 Braddock from then onwards till the end of time.

I lived for winning football matches.

Haha. So what do you live for now?

In footballing terms I live for my club, who I still support. If I didn't support them anymore or my sole interest in the club was results, I'd just give up on football aside from watching the odd game as a neutral.

The purpose of a professional football club is to do the very best they can with the resources avaliable to ensure they win as many matches as possible.

Alas, I've no idea what we exist for now.

No point following then if you feel like that.

Don't let tradition and nostalgia hold you back.

So you agree that the powers that be at BRFC no longer reward success on the pitch as the number one priority?

No. I simply say that that is not the sole reason for me supporting my club. If we lost every game of the season I'd still be going, providing the players were playing to their abilities.

Small club (relatively) in relegation zone shocker!!

Essays at university mean she'll be busy for the foreseeable, though I'll be visiting on weekends so you'll have a little peace then. She's moving back to France come July though so it'll be 24/7 Braddock from then onwards till the end of time.

Couldn't you perhaps get another girlfriend after July or are we really going to be stuck with your ridiculous musings "till the end of time"?

I mean "small club in relegation zone shocker". Come on! It should make you wonder what on earth we've been doing right for the last ten years shouldn't it? However, clearly, like the Venky's, you've decided to ignore how Blackburn Rovers have managed to get it right and you're quite happy to get it all wrong with Kean.

How very silly.

No. I simply say that that is not the sole reason for me supporting my club. If we lost every game of the season I'd still be going, providing the players were playing to their abilities.

Well obviously, but it would be nice to know that those owning your club are actually arsed about the team winning a game or two.

Couldn't you perhaps get another girlfriend after July or are we really going to be stuck with your ridiculous musings "till the end of time"?

I mean "small club in relegation zone shocker". Come on! It should make you wonder what on earth we've been doing right for the last ten years shouldn't it? However, clearly, like the Venky's, you've decided to ignore how Blackburn Rovers have managed to get it right and you're quite happy to get it all wrong with Kean.

How very silly.

You're not stuck with anything if I'm on ignore.

We have done superb since our return to the Premier League but things change when owners who don't know what they are doing take over. I don't want Venky's to sack Kean because I don't trust them to employ somebody else. Kean knows the players and has never looked as though the team have not been playing for him. Therefore I don't want him sacked. Calls for his head are in my eyes moronic when considering the clubs future. Dislike for the man is more understandable, though I don't share it.

I'm only backing the manger in this context. Of course this isn't the ideal scenario, but I see little reason in making ridiculous claims about where we should be right now whilst harking back to situations before Venky's because at this moment we aren't going to see anything like that now ownership has changed.

Is that so hard to understand?

Before we were a well steered small club.

Now we are a small club.

Well obviously, but it would be nice to know that those owning your club are actually arsed about the team winning a game or two.

Naturally, but you can't always get what you want. And I don't trust them to sell.

Grammatically it makes sense. That's about it.

Actually it wasn't. There should have been a 'it' between the 'and' and 'has' in this part: Kean knows the players and has never looked as though the team have not been playing for him.

There may have been others, but that was what I noticed at a glance.

edit: a comma after therefore wouldn't go amiss either.

You're not stuck with anything if I'm on ignore.

We have done superb since our return to the Premier League but things change when owners who don't know what they are doing take over. I don't want Venky's to sack Kean because I don't trust them to employ somebody else. Kean knows the players and has never looked as though the team have not been playing for him. Therefore I don't want him sacked. Calls for his head are in my eyes moronic when considering the clubs future. Dislike for the man is more understandable, though I don't share it.

I'm only backing the manger in this context. Of course this isn't the ideal scenario, but I see little reason in making ridiculous claims about where we should be right now whilst harking back to situations before Venky's because at this moment we aren't going to see anything like that now ownership has changed.

Is that so hard to understand?

Before we were a well steered small club.

Now we are a small club.

But now without any steering wheel whatsoever, disjointed, disorganised, managed by a clown and owned by cretins!

Actually it wasn't. There should have been a 'it' between the 'and' and 'has' in this part: Kean knows the players and has never looked as though the team have not been playing for him.

There may have been others, but that was what I noticed at a glance.

edit: a comma after therefore wouldn't go amiss either.

It made grammatical sense to me anyway. Don't worry about it.

Kean knows the players and has never looked as though the team have not been playing for him.

Shame about the results then. Goodness knows how bad they would be if they weren't playing for him.

Just how you like it.

You really are deluded, I wont go to Ewood with that bitch as an owner and Kean as manager, after 50 years supporting the club, the stupid lot in Pune have destroyed our club beyond recognition, the supporters will make them suffer financially, have you noticed the season ticket sales?

Isnt it odd, Braddocks back and on the wind up, we had some sensible posts till you came back, I would follow Rovers in any division, I will not give any money whatsoever to people who in my honest opinion are totally corrupt!

, the supporters will make them suffer financially, have you noticed the season ticket sales?

Unfortunately season ticket sales compared to television money are only a small part of Rovers' (Venky's) income. I doubt the owners will give a hoot about the slump in season ticket sales and resulting lower attendances.

Unfortunately season ticket sales compared to television money are only a small part of Rovers' (Venky's) income. I doubt the owners will give a hoot about the slump in season ticket sales and resulting lower attendances.

But the Television money will be hammered too in the Championship!

We have done superb since our return to the Premier League but things change when owners who don't know what they are doing take over. I don't want Venky's to sack Kean because I don't trust them to employ somebody else. Kean knows the players and has never looked as though the team have not been playing for him.

Why do people (like yourself) use this 'Kean has the dressing room' like it's some kind of advantage? I'm tired of saying it, but if the guy still has the players onside and this is the fruit of his labour then I dread to think where we'd be if he lost them!

You don't trust Venky's to hire someone else? Fair enough, nor do I. It is, however, impossible to see how they could find someone worse than the spud. They'd have to top two relegation fights in two years, top one of the worst win ratios of any Rovers manager, top the most games from the start of a season without a clean sheet... and now bordering on our most defeats in a PL season, and most defeats since 90/91 and 78/79. But you're happy to chug along with Kean... just... because. It has to be, because your reasons carry no credence to them at all. Sorry braddock, but the joke's getting old now.

Archived