BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum pre-meet

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a week tonight is the fans forum pre-meeting to put together an agenda for our meeting with the club the following week... have you anything you'd like adding?

Could you ask the club for the percentage increases, for the half season tickets compared with final pre season prices - for all four stands and what these were last season? If there's a distinct difference for instance in the JW upper, would you as a FF, rather than just ask the question, argue for fairness for all fans please? If the %ages are comparable across all stands, then fair do's on that point, but it still needs asking why such big increases at a time when the club should be doing all it can to bring fans back to the club. Is this range of increase just a one -off for half ST's, [if so, why?] or are they expecting this level of increase in the coming years?

2.(d) What is being done about getting the Rovers academy up to category 1 status?

2. (e) Communication needs to improve between the owners and the fans if they are serious about getting the fans to come back communication is vital and this needs addressing so what is being done to improve this?

2.(f) I think it would be a good idea for Venkys to come out and state their intentions for the club as since Shebby has come in communication has not really improved much what are their thoughts on this?

Think the answer to that first bit is that they are building a new 3G pitch for the academy/ reserve (?) kids to play on up at brockhall...

The other 2 - how would you improve comms? And do you honestly believe that if Venkys came on TV tomorrow and said we plan X, Y & Z, fans would believe them?? They are best staying quiet for now, maybe speak out at the end of Jan, when hopefully they will have backed Berg further in the transfer window.

Think the answer to that first bit is that they are building a new 3G pitch for the academy/ reserve (?) kids to play on up at brockhall...

OK. This is no offence to you what so ever Hughesy, your a good guy. My tolerance levels are dropping again.

Sparky Marky ? Wtf is a 3d or even a 4d pitch? Who gives a flying dingle? Is this what football is all about now?

If I've read this right (wrong thread but so what) Rovers didn't get cat1 because we didn't have a stand in place?!?!

Sit down, relax, take that in. A stand, to watch the kids play. Kean my old boots. Have none of the cocks who run our national game seen Ripping Yarns? (Shorts? You don't need shorts! You need these, legs!).

The mind boggles. It's almost as if they want the clubs with all the money to get bigger - to hell with the rest. Lets fo Crewe, what do they do consistently other than bring players through?

A keaning stand to watch the youth team. What a load of utter keans.

Anyway, back on topic!

Can you ask how Shebby is please. He's very quiet these days for some reason. Still, I'm a bad tipster too.

OK. This is no offence to you what so ever Hughesy, your a good guy. My tolerance levels are dropping again.

Sparky Marky ? Wtf is a 3d or even a 4d pitch? Who gives a flying dingle? Is this what football is all about now?

If I've read this right (wrong thread but so what) Rovers didn't get cat1 because we didn't have a stand in place?!?!

Sit down, relax, take that in. A stand, to watch the kids play. Kean my old boots. Have none of the cocks who run our national game seen Ripping Yarns? (Shorts? You don't need shorts! You need these, legs!).

The mind boggles. It's almost as if they want the clubs with all the money to get bigger - to hell with the rest. Lets fo Crewe, what do they do consistently other than bring players through?

A keaning stand to watch the youth team. What a load of utter keans.

Anyway, back on topic!

Can you ask how Shebby is please. He's very quiet these days for some reason. Still, I'm a bad tipster too.

hopefully he is advising the globe and leaving the football to Henning Berg

What is the future, as far as the club is concerned, for the Fans' Forum?

Now that BRFC Action Group are asking questions about things like season ticket pricing strategy - albeit "as a democratically elected body asking questions on behalf of their members" - directly to the club (Shebby?), does this mean the club are now engaging with two formal groups? Do the club still view the FF input as important?

I think that question is better directed to the club... the only comment I would make is, is it in the best interests of the club to be answering pretty much the same sort of questions to two different groups?

TBH we don't have a set remit what type of questions we ask, we get request from members and ask the relevant department swiftly to get the answer.

Regarding the ticketing we went straight to Greg Coar as its his department, with your meeting a couple of weeks away, at the time of the concern being raised, it could have festered on for a couple of weeks if we had waited for you to ask it, plus we would not be servicing the members who had asked us to ask.

We have no intentiion of stepping on the Fans Forums toes, we will ask any question we are asked to raise which I'm sure you guys would do the same if asked, after all our members are equal supporters of Rovers like everyone else.

My understanding is that the Fans Forum was set up by John Williams over a decade ago, and the initial composition was a combination of people who had taken the trouble to contact him with issues of concern, combined with representation from the various established groups such as North Lancs Branch, Leyland Branch, Disabled Supporters etc.

From reading this messageboard and the Fans Forum minutes, that initial design and structure set up by JW seems to have been continued, and the Forum has moved on to include representatives from this website, other websites and long established fans groups such as Ewood Blues.

BRAG on the other hand started life as a vehicle to protest against the club and the former manager and having caused so much division amoungs regular attending fans (especially at away games) and so much noise by using social media and Sky Sports to gain publicity, that when Shebby Singh arrived on the scene they suddenly got a direct line into his office in order to shut them up. And it seems to have worked - BRAG have gone very quiet recently (as has Shebby).

At the same time, BRAG have 10 committee positions covered by just 5 people. This seems extraordinary for a body which claims a membership of 10,000+. The key positions (Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Press Officer) are covered by just two people, who rumour has it now hate each other guts which is probably the beginning of the end of BRAG. Served a purpose but now no longer required.

BRAG's supposed International branches are another embarassment - apparently it's just a list of individuals in 13 different countries stuck on BRAG's website as "Chairmen", but none of them have any membership structure or have any meetings, or probably any members.

Given the longevity and the origin of the Fans Forum, if BRAG want to continue interaction with the club then they should send one of their people to the Fans Forum. I have heard that the Fans Forum have invited participation on several occasions, but BRAG keep turning this down.

Every fan and everyone connected to BRFC now need to push on and get promotion. Bickering has no place.

BRAG on the other hand started life as a vehicle to protest against the club and the former manager and having caused so much division amoungs regular attending fans (especially at away games) and so much noise by using social media and Sky Sports to gain publicity, that when Shebby Singh arrived on the scene they suddenly got a direct line into his office in order to shut them up. And it seems to have worked - BRAG have gone very quiet recently (as has Shebby).

So, to sum up BRAG's main aim was to rid the club of Kean. They got off their backsides, used various means and strategies until Kean left the club. Then BRFCAG, job done, didn't need to make as much noise. Sounds like a nice evolution to me. Perhaps BRFCAG will now devolve and put all their efforts into the Rovers Trust?

My original question was not a dig at the FF, nor BRFCAG but just wanted to clarify how these (seeming parallel) groups will interact with the club.

From Andy and Glen's replies, neither feel this should be an issue. Let's hope the club feel the same.

• Backroom

Perhaps BRFCAG will now devolve and put all their efforts into the Rovers Trust?

I may be wrong but from what I have seen as an entity BRFCAG hasn't put their weight behind BRST as such although as individuals it may be different

I may be wrong but from what I have seen as an entity BRFCAG hasn't put their weight behind BRST as such although as individuals it may be different

Interesting, I thought they had. BRSIT seemed to be fully backed by BRFCAG so when they merged with BRST and became "Rovers Trust", I presumed that would continue.

Fair enough if I've misread the situation.

I just hope that in the very near future we no longer have a need for an Action Group - even though I feel much gratitude for what they have done to date.

• Backroom

As I said I may be totally wrong there just from what I gathered from twitter, maybe someone closer to the situation can shed more light

It's probably no win though as they will be chastised if they do and same if they don't

Perhaps BRFCAG will now devolve and put all their efforts into the Rovers Trust?

Devolve? I don't know that's for BRAG to answer.

I have heard that the Rovers Trust want absolutely nothing to do with BRAG - they see them as a poisonous brand and therefore a threat to the success of the Trust (because any association puts potential members and investors off - not a threat due to numbers / members / any other sort of conflict).

My understanding is that the Fans Forum was set up by John Williams over a decade ago, and the initial composition was a combination of people who had taken the trouble to contact him with issues of concern, combined with representation from the various established groups such as North Lancs Branch, Leyland Branch, Disabled Supporters etc.

From reading this messageboard and the Fans Forum minutes, that initial design and structure set up by JW seems to have been continued, and the Forum has moved on to include representatives from this website, other websites and long established fans groups such as Ewood Blues.

At the same time, BRAG have 10 committee positions covered by just 5 people. This seems extraordinary for a body which claims a membership of 10,000+. The key positions (Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Press Officer) are covered by just two people, who rumour has it now hate each other guts which is probably the beginning of the end of BRAG. Served a purpose but now no longer required.

BRAG's supposed International branches are another embarassment - apparently it's just a list of individuals in 13 different countries stuck on BRAG's website as "Chairmen", but none of them have any membership structure or have any meetings, or probably any members.

Given the longevity and the origin of the Fans Forum, if BRAG want to continue interaction with the club then they should send one of their people to the Fans Forum. I have heard that the Fans Forum have invited participation on several occasions, but BRAG keep turning this down.

Every fan and everyone connected to BRFC now need to push on and get promotion. Bickering has no place.

Thought i'd answer this post.

Firstly the group BRFCAG Has a democratic elected committee of 6 individuals and is not only endorsed by every figure head in the town, but also the club.

At one time we had 8 committee members, but i'm sure even the Fans forum would agree, being part of any panel or committee takes a hell of a lot of work and committment, and due to the hours which needs to be put in, a couple of members stepped down (Both with regret, I have the resignation letters and both work related) Incidentally when the elections are taking place next year, one of which wishes to re-stand as their situation has changed.

Replacing these is not that simple as we do not co-opt members onto the committee, all committee members must be elected by the members. Holding elections is not a two minute of a job and next years election will see the numbers on the committee rise.

Incidentally since the entities BRST, BRSIT Were formed, which are now one, they have gone through at least 5 different committees that i'm aware of, and have lost over 20 committee members.

In addition there are more seats on the Fans Forum than applicants, in fact some of their seats remain empty due to no-one wanting to join. I'm sure if you asked the people on there, they would be first to admit the turnover of members on there panel since its formation has been large, especially when they realise they aint gonna change the world over night.

The fact is we do not have a large turnover of committee members, and this is despite the work load being massive., A consistant committee goes a long way towards progress, and the teamwork amongst ours is excellent as is the relationship between each committee member

Regarding division amongst supporters and away games as you state, I can categorically state with 100% fact that none of the action group members have been involved of any incidents at away games, or indeed home games which have resulted in either arrest or any being ejected. If you care to check the facts, with both the club and the Police in which the group has an excellent relationship with, they will verify that the trouble at away games has been caused by non group members.

Regarding going quiet, we are a supporters group and have no need to shout from the roof tops on a daily basis, we are very busy with so many projects at present, which is very time consuming.

Our minutes go out weekly on our website if you are interested in what we have been upto in recent weeks?

Regarding our oversea's branches, your statement is very very far from the truth, some of the branches are thriving at present at its not just a list of 13 individuals. Some of our oversea's branches will also be visiting the UK in the next couple of weeks and have meetings set up with the club regarding their own members concerns opinions.

I'm personally very proud of the work put in by the oversea's supporters as is the group. As a group who hates this culture of "REAL FANS" or those who "Pigeon Hole" Supporters, the oversea's supporters are an integral part of the rovers supporter family.

Regarding the Fans Forum we have had various dialogue with the Fans Forum via letters and that dialogue continues. We also attend every collaberation meeting held by Sir Bill Taylor along with over supporter groups/websites. Although the last one left a sour taste as one individual from the Fans Forum used it as an opportunity to threaten to knock me out, which is part of the reason the Action Group has yet to join the fans forum. These meetings with the club are for putting concerns across, not for people to use them as a platform to threaten people.

Your last point I totally agree with, ALL supporters should be pulling together to will the team on for promotion. Supporters are currently in more bouyant mood now than they have been for quite a while and thats really nice to see.

Interesting, I thought they had. BRSIT seemed to be fully backed by BRFCAG so when they merged with BRST and became "Rovers Trust", I presumed that would continue.

Fair enough if I've misread the situation.

I just hope that in the very near future we no longer have a need for an Action Group - even though I feel much gratitude for what they have done to date.

Regarding the merger, As a group the Action Group initially ballotted the members when BRSIT was formed and it was agreed we would endorse it, I think we was the first group to do so. This included the group spending days stood in the rain handing out their leaflets and also putting their psoters up for the KGH meeting.

Whent they merged with BRST, things changed because it was now a new entity and we have explained to the Rovers Trust that our members must be balloted. Our membership base is now large and its not a mundane decision to endorse a supporters takeover, especially at a time when the club is currently doing the opposite to what it has in the previous 2 years.

This ballot is due to take place soon.

Devolve? I don't know that's for BRAG to answer.

I have heard that the Rovers Trust want absolutely nothing to do with BRAG - they see them as a poisonous brand and therefore a threat to the success of the Trust (because any association puts potential members and investors off - not a threat due to numbers / members / any other sort of conflict).

You seem to very mis-informed, not only does the Rovers Trust want our full backing, but they have had us advertise their venture through our membership packs by purchasing advertising space and leaflet dropping

In addition we have been in constant dialogue with them regarding our reluctance to endorse them without a Ballot. We are determined as a democratic group to remain that way, which means the members decide NOT the committee.

I will also point out that many of their steering committee are ALL Action Group members.

You seem to be on a conquest tonight, which helps no-one but just causes more divide. I will of course ask the RoversTrust if this has come from their steering committee as I'm sure they would be very alarmed if this is the case.

As I said I may be totally wrong there just from what I gathered from twitter, maybe someone closer to the situation can shed more light

It's probably no win though as they will be chastised if they do and same if they don't

Quite right Tom, which ever way we go, some will try and cause issue with it.

As an individual who originally pledged to BRSIT, my opinion has changed for a number of reasons, however to not prejudice the Ballot in the next couple of weeks, I will keep those reasons to myself at present

Regarding our oversea's branches, your statement is very very far from the truth, some of the branches are thriving at present at its not just a list of 13 individuals. Some of our oversea's branches will also be visiting the UK in the next couple of weeks and have meetings set up with the club regarding their own members concerns opinions.

I'm personally very proud of the work put in by the oversea's supporters as is the group. As a group who hates this culture of "REAL FANS" or those who "Pigeon Hole" Supporters, the oversea's supporters are an integral part of the rovers supporter family.

Thriving? That's great to hear. Could you kindly specify which countries are thriving since BRAG has existed though? Your Norway Chairman is also Chairman of BRFCN, a supporters club which has existed for many years before BRAG. They've brought teams to the annual 5-a-side since Mark Hughes was manager. If you are claiming BRFCN as part of BRAG, on what basis are you doing that?

Your Sweden Chairman seems to have been invited into the position. That seems strange given the massive worldwide support of BRAG. Quote from your website - "I’m delighted I was contacted by the BRFC Action Group as I strongly believe we, as a group, can make a difference".

Brazil - "When I was chosen to be the representative of the Group in Brazil, I was very happy with the proposal and it was impossible to refuse". Good stuff, publish the votes fromt the Brazilian membership which elected the 18 year old Lincoln Medeiros da Silva as their BRAG rep.

Indonesia - "My name is Matteo, I’m a big Rovers supporter and have been now for 9 years and i’m 17 years old. I am so interested in becoming involved in the BRFC Action Group because i am willing to do anything to show my heart for Blackburn Rovers" - please publish the votes for Matteo and the membership list in Indonesia.

Singapore - "So when I was asked to be the BRFCAG Representative for Singapore, I was naturally both excited and honoured" - who asked him, his local members, or people in Blackburn? Publish the votes.

The funniest one though, is Mikke Finn. From Finland, obviously. Turned up at a pre-season game in Germany in 1998 or 99 and had driven from Finland in his Volvo 340 with his best mate and a crate of vodka. There were only 10 other Rovers fans at that game. Souness bought us all a pint in the club bar after the game. Mikke doesn't represent anyone in Finland - he's just Mikke. He got chucked out at Palace away because of vodka.

BRAG claiming these people as evidence of overseas branches is nothing short of fraudulent.

Thriving? That's great to hear. Could you kindly specify which countries are thriving since BRAG has existed though? Your Norway Chairman is also Chairman of BRFCN, a supporters club which has existed for many years before BRAG. They've brought teams to the annual 5-a-side since Mark Hughes was manager. If you are claiming BRFCN as part of BRAG, on what basis are you doing that?

Your Sweden Chairman seems to have been invited into the position. That seems strange given the massive worldwide support of BRAG. Quote from your website - "I’m delighted I was contacted by the BRFC Action Group as I strongly believe we, as a group, can make a difference".

Brazil - "When I was chosen to be the representative of the Group in Brazil, I was very happy with the proposal and it was impossible to refuse". Good stuff, publish the votes fromt the Brazilian membership which elected the 18 year old Lincoln Medeiros da Silva as their BRAG rep.

Indonesia - "My name is Matteo, I’m a big Rovers supporter and have been now for 9 years and i’m 17 years old. I am so interested in becoming involved in the BRFC Action Group because i am willing to do anything to show my heart for Blackburn Rovers" - please publish the votes for Matteo and the membership list in Indonesia.

Singapore - "So when I was asked to be the BRFCAG Representative for Singapore, I was naturally both excited and honoured" - who asked him, his local members, or people in Blackburn? Publish the votes.

The funniest one though, is Mikke Finn. From Finland, obviously. Turned up at a pre-season game in Germany in 1998 or 99 and had driven from Finland in his Volvo 340 with his best mate and a crate of vodka. There were only 10 other Rovers fans at that game. Souness bought us all a pint in the club bar after the game. Mikke doesn't represent anyone in Finland - he's just Mikke. He got chucked out at Palace away because of vodka.

BRAG claiming these people as evidence of overseas branches is nothing short of fraudulent.

Regarding Norway Espen runs BRFCN, he also runs our Norwegian branch, two seperate entities and not one the same.

These branches abroad have to start somewhere, ALL have their own members and all are currently in their infancy. Of course they are not gonna have the same membership levels as a UK branch, However they are equally as important and for a group which has only been an official group for 6 months, To even have branches abroad which are getting of the ground should be applauded and not ridiculed.

Regardless of your opinion, which I take on board, The Action Group is not for everyone, no-one puts a gun to your head to join, and no-one minds if you dont. We are still the only group which is democratically elected and its direction is chosen by its members.

Rather than come on here and take lumps out of the group, perhaps you would be better practicing what you are preaching in your earlier post by being a part of a united supporter base and backing the team.

Your post have a tone of division in them, which suggest you would rather divide than be united?

Archived