BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum pre-meet

Anyway can we get this back on topic?

This is the Fans Forum pre-meet thread, and I think most of the people on here have had enough of going on threads and seeing them hijacked by unrelated subjects.

If anyone has any questions to raise about the group, then feel free to contact any of the committee via the email address's on the site, or via our PO Box , other options will be available soon.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Norway Espen runs BRFCN, he also runs our Norwegian branch, two seperate entities and not one the same.

These branches abroad have to start somewhere, ALL have their own members and all are currently in their infancy. Of course they are not gonna have the same membership levels as a UK branch, However they are equally as important and for a group which has only been an official group for 6 months, To even have branches abroad which are getting of the ground should be applauded and not ridiculed.

Regardless of your opinion, which I take on board, The Action Group is not for everyone, no-one puts a gun to your head to join, and no-one minds if you dont. We are still the only group which is democratically elected and its direction is chosen by its members.

Rather than come on here and take lumps out of the group, perhaps you would be better practicing what you are preaching in your earlier post by being a part of a united supporter base and backing the team.

Your post have a tone of division in them, which suggest you would rather divide than be united?

No division - just facts.

You should make public (through Espen) how many members of the long-existing members of BRFCN are suddenly now fully signed up members of BRAG, and provide the evidence.

You should answer the questions about Indonesia, Brazil, Singapore, Sweden and Finland branches. On your own website, you are listed as the Overseas Liaison Officer, so you'll have all the answers immediately to hand.

Going back to a previous point which you ignored - - as the Chairman / Overseas Liaison / Press Officer of BRAG, what has happened to your relationship with Mark Fish? He is listed as the Secretary and Treasurer of BRAG, but 5 minutes from the end of the Birmingham game last Saturday the very tall and instantly recognisable Mark was stood outside Blues Bar (concourse exit opposite the shop) slagging you (Glen) off to high heaven with a mate!

Maybe it wasn't a mate, but It was so funny I stopped to listen. Have you fallen out with him?

You should make public (through Espen) how many members of the long-existing members of BRFCN are suddenly now fully signed up members of BRAG, and provide the evidence.

You should answer the questions about Indonesia, Brazil, Singapore, Sweden and Finland branches. On your own website, you are listed as the Overseas Liaison Officer, so you'll have all the answers immediately to hand.

Going back to a previous point which you ignored - - as the Chairman / Overseas Liaison / Press Officer of BRAG, what has happened to your relationship with Mark Fish? He is listed as the Secretary and Treasurer of BRAG, but 5 minutes from the end of the Birmingham game last Saturday the very tall and instantly recognisable Mark was stood outside Blues Bar (concourse exit opposite the shop) slagging you (Glen) off to high heaven with a mate!

Maybe it wasn't a mate, but It was so funny I stopped to listen. Have you fallen out with him?

I'm a fully signed up member of this website and other websites too, thiis does not make me a member of a group, it just makes me eligible to post on the websites.

Regarding our membership in other countries I do not have to give exact figures of members, we have a collective number of members who all sign up through the UK branch and are then shared with the Chairs if those members fall under the Category of a current oversea's branch.

As our commercial partners will vouch, who have asked for us to put their products into our membership packs which are going out next week, they have provided thousands of these to ensure there is enough for each pack.

Regarding BRFCN, The BRFC Action group take Data Protection serously and do NOT share databases

Regarding Overseas liaison, its exactly that, for oversea's members to bring concerns regarding Blackburn Rovers directly to me, or for our oversea's represetatives to get the support and help they need from us.

Regarding our other branches I have already said enough on the matter and pointed you to where you can get more information.

My relationship with Mark is excellent in fact I would go as far as saying he is like a brother to me, I would do anything for the guy and we have never fallen out once since becoming very close friends.

My understanding is that the Fans Forum was set up by John Williams over a decade ago, and the initial composition was a combination of people who had taken the trouble to contact him with issues of concern, combined with representation from the various established groups such as North Lancs Branch, Leyland Branch, Disabled Supporters etc.

From reading this messageboard and the Fans Forum minutes, that initial design and structure set up by JW seems to have been continued, and the Forum has moved on to include representatives from this website, other websites and long established fans groups such as Ewood Blues.

I am absolutely delighted that John Williams had this vision, it worked very well. However John Williams left and the club became a very different club than the one which was then.

Yes it is fine that the Forum included representatives from long established fans ‘groups’ however when the club was in turmoil and a united joint supporters statement was published and was endorsed by all the Rovers fan sites, ‘groups’ and entities across the globe, the Fans Forum who represent all these groups, refused to put their name to it, despite it being what the majority of supporters backed, so what “representation” is this?

It is simply an unelected body of supporters who by their own admission represent nobody’s views but their own, therefore is a panel of 15 (approx) personal opinions, they have opened up their agenda setting meetings and have had 1, maybe 2 people attend these, which clearly shows nobody is interested in what in my opinion is now an outdated entity.

BRAG on the other hand started life as a vehicle to protest against the club and the former manager and having caused so much division amoungs regular attending fans (especially at away games) and so much noise by using social media and Sky Sports to gain publicity, that when Shebby Singh arrived on the scene they suddenly got a direct line into his office in order to shut them up. And it seems to have worked - BRAG have gone very quiet recently (as has Shebby).

At the same time, BRAG have 10 committee positions covered by just 5 people. This seems extraordinary for a body which claims a membership of 10,000+. The key positions (Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Press Officer) are covered by just two people, who rumour has it now hate each other guts which is probably the beginning of the end of BRAG. Served a purpose but now no longer required.

The BRFC Action Group was formed by supporters who felt the need to protest because the supporter’s representation in place were not listening or voicing their concerns. What division do you claim the BRFC Action Group have caused “at away games” the ejections this season at away games have been given to the current sitting secretary of the ‘Rovers Trust’ and acquaintances of his, no BRFC Action Group member has been removed from a stadium this season due to these altercations, to my knowledge. So this suggestion by yourself is clearly inaccurate and the first of many that are.

The BRFC Action Group have not gone quiet, we held a minuting meeting with Shebby Singh last month and have one scheduled in the next 7 days, we also have a minuted meeting with the clubs Managing Director Derek Shaw coming up and we published a reply to supporters concerns just over 24 hours ago. The group are involved in steering committees involving the Council and the Towns Mayor, among other prominent figures and community groups to work on many community projects, which have both happened and are scheduled.

In addition to this the group has held meetings this week with long standing supporters groups who have asked for the BRFC Action Groups assistance in helping them resolve their own group’s issues with the club.

So your suggestion the group has “gone quiet” is your second inaccurate one.

Me and Glen hate each others guts do we? This is now your third false statement

BRAG's supposed International branches are another embarassment - apparently it's just a list of individuals in 13 different countries stuck on BRAG's website as "Chairmen", but none of them have any membership structure or have any meetings, or probably any members.

“Apparently” is the key word in this paragraph. This incidentally is your forth inaccurate statement so far. Each branch has members, who signed up to the official BRFC Action Group membership scheme, (so your claim none of them have a membership structure, is your fifth inaccurate statement so far).

I don’t need to use the word “apparently” here, as this is a factual statement. Words such as “Apparently” and “Probably” always prove a statement to be based on no facts, by the way.

Given the longevity and the origin of the Fans Forum, if BRAG want to continue interaction with the club then they should send one of their people to the Fans Forum. I have heard that the Fans Forum have invited participation on several occasions, but BRAG keep turning this down.

As you are somebody who clearly likes to listen to stories which you “have heard” I am surprised you have not yet heard the correct version of this one.

The BRFC Action Group can “continue interaction with the club” without the need to send one of our people to the Fans Forum! However the BRFC Action Group does understand the need to liaise with the Fans Forum in the best interest of the club and the supporters, therefore we wrote to the Fans Forum requesting an independent meeting between the two groups.

The reply from the Fans Forum asked us to await further correspondence whilst this matter was discussed with the club. Whilst this was ongoing, both our group and their panel attended one of Sir Bill Taylor’s collaboration meetings, in this meeting the entire reason the BRFC Action Group had been reluctant to attend a Fans Forum meeting was justified beyond any doubt.

When it was stated in the room that people may not get on, but need to work together in the best interest of Blackburn Rovers, a member of the Fans Forum stated aloud that he would not work with a certain member of the BRFC Action Group and then made a physical threat towards him.

You may claim this is the fault of the BRFC Action Group, however the threat was made by a Fans Forum representative.

Your reasoning above, welcomes people to your sixth inaccurate statement.

Every fan and everyone connected to BRFC now need to push on and get promotion. Bickering has no place.

I agree with this statement, and would like to add that people posting “I have heard”, “apparently”, “rumour has” and “probably” to attack officially endorsed supporters groups also has no place, your posts are directly causing bickering, so maybe you could practice what you preach huh?

Devolve? I don't know that's for BRAG to answer.

I have heard that the Rovers Trust want absolutely nothing to do with BRAG - they see them as a poisonous brand and therefore a threat to the success of the Trust (because any association puts potential members and investors off - not a threat due to numbers / members / any other sort of conflict).

Again “I have heard” this is unbelievably your SEVENTH false statement, Rovers Trust are desperate for the backing of the BRFC Action Group and I can produce correspondence to prove this as and when required. The whole reason the BRFC Action Group will not endorse this is because we need to ballot our members for opinion before doing so. I personally will not support the trust for numerous reasons, the main one being because of the conduct of one of their executive steering committee members, who has been ejected from stadiums for verbally abusing supporters, been involved/associated with the singing of songs about the death of Action Group Committee members, using foul and abusive language in an aggressive rage in front of women and children and insulting/belittling supporters who don’t attend away matches on social network platforms. This is simply not an issue which Rovers Trust has, as the person in question is also involved with the Fans Forum and was recently being considered as a prospective Fans Forum representative.

So whilst the BRFC Action Group may be to blame in your eyes, it is the recent appointment of the Rovers Trust secretary who may put investors and members off, due to his conduct this season, which is detailed above.

You clearly “hear” a lot of one-sided fiction.

You clearly only like to remember certain bits of what you hear! Slagging him off to high heaven? really, I am aware of who I was with and if your knowledge of the BRFC Action Group was as good as you claim it to be then you would also be fully aware of who I was with. Considering I had just spent the immediate time before this defending Glen and his actions to someone during the game, in the presence of this "mate", it is highly unlikely I would walk outside and state the complete opposite to the same person who witnessed my defence of him.

For somebody who stated "Every fan and everyone connected to BRFC now need to push on and get promotion. Bickering has no place.” your false information and lack of knowledge on group relations has certainly ensured that bickering will continue, so congratulations on that.

Have I and Glen fallen out? I'm sorry to disappoint you, but not even close! I think most people are aware of my opinion of Glen, regardless of what rumour, may or may not be going around.

Anyway can we get this back on topic?

This is the Fans Forum pre-meet thread, and I think most of the people on here have had enough of going on threads and seeing them hijacked by unrelated subjects.

If anyone has any questions to raise about the group, then feel free to contact any of the committee via the email address's on the site, or via our PO Box , other options will be available soon.

Thats a bit rich Glen, especially as this whole page is almost solely your or Fish's posts.

There were actually some very valid points raised by others on this thread and not for the first time it was you and your friend that did the 'hijacking' - you must have got him out of bed when you sent the text asking him to back you up!

Thats a bit rich Glen, especially as this whole page is almost solely your or Fish's posts.

There were actually some very valid points raised by others on this thread and not for the first time it was you and your friend that did the 'hijacking' - you must have got him out of bed when you sent the text asking him to back you up!

BRAG have done what they initially set out to do, get rid of Kean. Time for them to shut down and let the Fans' forum to raise concerns for fans, like the have been doing, brilliantly I must say, for several years.

There were some valid questions asked amongst the usual dross, half-truths and rumour. All were answered and confounded. Personally Glen I wouldn't bother if I were you.

However you would then have people asking 'why isn't he posting on here anymore" so you can never win! :mellow:

BRAG have done what they initially set out to do, get rid of Kean. Time for them to shut down and let the Fans' forum to raise concerns for fans, like the have been doing, brilliantly I must say, for several years.

BRAG wanted rid of Venkys - SK was just part of the package. The Sky interview says exactly that - every protest said exactly that. The whole reason for this 'dossier' was to force Venkys to sell.

BRAG are now - and have been for some time - redundant.

Two sentences with your personal opinion in them put to us as fact. I guess BRAG's members will decide for themselves what their aims were/are, whether to raise certain issues or not and when, if ever its time to fold. Personally I think there's plenty left for them to do and I look forward to them doing it.

BRAG wanted rid of Venkys - SK was just part of the package. The Sky interview says exactly that - every protest said exactly that. The whole reason for this 'dossier' was to force Venkys to sell.

BRAG are now - and have been for some time - redundant.

See above.

Has glen shagged your mrs or what?

The funniest one though, is Mikke Finn. From Finland, obviously. Turned up at a pre-season game in Germany in 1998 or 99 and had driven from Finland in his Volvo 340 with his best mate and a crate of vodka. There were only 10 other Rovers fans at that game. Souness bought us all a pint in the club bar after the game. Mikke doesn't represent anyone in Finland - he's just Mikke. He got chucked out at Palace away because of vodka.

Mikke is a true legend. I remember him also selling his furniture to get the air fare for the League Cup game at the millennium and turning up at Gillingham after we'd just clinched promotion with a holdall full of vodka. I also seem to remember him driving for hours from Finland to Sweden to watch Rovers on the TV? Puts the whole "loud opinions, low attendance" drivel that was raging on twitter last night into perspective.

I bumped into him on the Blackburn End last season (for once, without a large quantity of vodka), so he is still around and following Rovers.

My posts on here have been a rarity lately, however when someone chooses to write a post, littered with many inaccurate statements, based on "rumour" "I heard" and "apparently", then i'll correct it with the actual facts where possible. I have now done that and hope that this thread is left for its initial purpose and that is for supporters to use the opportunity to raise their issues to the Fans Forum.

Valid Points, the thread was dragged way off topic when someone came on listing false statements?

Nobody sent me a text, i arrived back from Peterborough and logged on here whilst i was waiting for my take away to arrive, quite simple really. Wow the things i have to explain to set the record straight are quite unreal.

Anyway, like i said i corrected the misleading inaccuracies and hope the thread gets back on track.

Mikke is a true legend. I remember him also selling his furniture to get the air fare for the League Cup game at the millennium and turning up at Gillingham after we'd just clinched promotion with a holdall full of vodka. I also seem to remember him driving for hours from Finland to Sweden to watch Rovers on the TV? Puts the whole "loud opinions, low attendance" drivel that was raging on twitter last night into perspective.

I bumped into him on the Blackburn End last season (for once, without a large quantity of vodka), so he is still around and following Rovers.

Mikke and Arto stayed at my place for Xmas and new year 2000, we got kicked out of the Napier at 6:00am new years day morning, after we had drank all the southern comfort in the place then tried to find a curry,

I still have one of his Finnish vodka bottles about a 1/4 full

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully an FF member could make a note of this as I may forget!! I've just been on the club website using an iPhone. I wanted to check the fixture list for January - I have time off and was wondering about away games.

From the home page I go to Fixtures and Results, then Other Fixtures, I see Upcoming Fixtures and a blue arrow which takes me to Blackpool. This also shows me the Fixtures List BUT it is only for December.

Surely it is reasonable to expect the full season fixture list to be readily available?

Hopefully an FF member could make a note of this as I may forget!! I've just been on the club website using an iPhone. I wanted to check the fixture list for January - I have time off and was wondering about away games.

From the home page I go to Fixtures and Results, then Other Fixtures, I see Upcoming Fixtures and a blue arrow which takes me to Blackpool. This also shows me the Fixtures List BUT it is only for December.

Surely it is reasonable to expect the full season fixture list to be readily available?

I use the Rovers app to check fixtures. Although the fixture list is about the only thing that works (albeit with "Request failed" error message) and there has been no "news" since 12th May!

Has this also been ditched by the club now?

Paul, the subject of the official website is a running joke that is often discussed at the FF. The truth of the matter is that the club are just as frustrated as the fans, but their hands are tied because of the (lucrative) contract that they entered with the company who manage the website. Many other clubs are in the same position. I feel sorry for Lee (who looks after Rovers content) as he has very little flexibility on layout etc. The situation lead to Rovers producing the OneRovers site to run in parallel with the main site.

Anyway enough of the background story, before the next meeting I will have a look at other clubs websites who belong to the same stable and see if the specific problem you have noted is peculiar to Rovers site, or is a more generic problem.

Probably the least of their worries, however, sitting in the Blackburn End, it seems as though the steel structures in the Darwen End and possibly around the ground could do with a lick of paint. It makes the stadium look poor with the previously white paint turning green/black. If I remember correctly we last re-painted this around 5 years ago.

Sorry I've not responded sooner.

Den asked about what he felt was a dispoportionate cost of the half season ticket in the JW upper, Andy (Fernhurst Rover on here) raised it and Greg duly explained. Here are the percentage costs figures he's kindly given.

The percentages I mentioned were;

Expressed in relation to the full ST price this year

BBE/Rside/DE £149 is 58% of full ST price

JW Wings £229 is 59% ............

JW Central £279 is 61% ..............

The fewer "free" games in that area has been the case for some years but is mainly due to our significant reduction in match ticket prices in that area this season. These seats are directly adjacent to the padded exec seats which our hospitality patrons pay a lot more for.

So, whilst he's not claiming it isn't a bigger rise, I have to agree it is only slightly higher. As I said before if there was no cheaper option available, I'd be livid, but it seems fairly sensible and justifiable to me. Although between Andy and myself, we did make your side of it known.

I hope that helps.

Probably the least of their worries, however, sitting in the Blackburn End, it seems as though the steel structures in the Darwen End and possibly around the ground could do with a lick of paint. It makes the stadium look poor with the previously white paint turning green/black. If I remember correctly we last re-painted this around 5 years ago.

It's been mentioned many times before that the upkeep of the stadium leaves a lot to be desired.

Even the famous 'ROVERS F.C.' plaque by the Jack Walker statue is looking grotty. :angry2:

Glenn, I've read through the minutes on the Official site, and found no mention of the reason why Rovers' midweek games are on Wednesdays (untelevised) when the rest of the League play on Tuesdays.

Was this mentioned/asked? If not does this mean that questions asked in threads on here are not taken forward, and only those who attend the pre-meet in person will have their questions raised?

Genuine question. Thanks.

Archived