BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum pre-meet

Absolutlely scandalous Glen that you should have to put up with that. I hope the big, brave lads who do that are proud of themselves. You should really get the police involved if it is that serious mate.

The Police are dealing with it, we left it first week, but it continued the second week, and then escalated on Saturday. The individuals involved even wanted to know why we have reported it to the club and said we are discrace having our own supporters thrown out, and then reporting them too.

I do feel very sorry for those getting brought into this through association, I personally do not hold anyone's association with these individuals accountable, they are just going to watch the match like us.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Police are dealing with it, we left it first week, but it continued the second week, and then escalated on Saturday. The individuals involved even wanted to know why we have reported it to the club and said we are discrace having our own supporters thrown out, and then reporting them too.

I do feel very sorry for those getting brought into this through association, I personally do not hold anyone's association with these individuals accountable, they are just going to watch the match like us.

Sounds like you may have to borrow Keans minder :D :D :D

Both are season ticket holders, and weekend is family time, we choose to spend it as a family at football , Away trips are a long old haul and take up all saturday, This weekend my daughter spent Friday and Saturday at her Grandma's the longest she has been away from me n laura since she was born, purely for her own safety. Laura loves the footie, and the chance to spend quality time with me , she wont have any of it, she wants to go, and she should not fear having to go

My words are said in sympathy Glen - its not right and it shouldn't be happening. That said I still think I'd be putting my family's safety above any sense of pride or defiance.

I hope it works out for you one way or another.

Its not about groups or people its about Blackburn Rovers and trying as supporters to get the club to not only understand the growing issues but to act upon them. We have a meeting later and as usual we will report back

Growing issues? Could you please explain what you mean? Do you mean that the amount of 'issues' are increasing or that one in particular is worse now than earlier?

We are not a protest group, no protest has been organised for 5 months, but people will still class us as that, thats life, we move on.

For clarity, I think it would be best if you stated that you are no longer a protest group. There is nothing wrong with a change of direction, and it shows that you have moved on from using the likes of Chorley FC as a protest platform.

If you bare with me, i will answer this in full when I get home later. Some frank answers are needed today on a number of issues, and a number of conflicting statements. Its fantastic that the team is top of the league and I dnt think any of us could have asked for any more in terms of results. However with thousands staying away, this has to be addressed sooner rather than later. The pain those supporters are feeling , cannot be left on a shelf, its their support over the years which makes our club great, along with those who are who are braving all the circumstances to continue to go

The only way once voice can be achieved is by it being an elected voice recognised by the club, and elected by the whole supporter base and annually put up for re-election. An unelected voice will never suffice as its those in it, who choses who joins. Its not the way things should be done.

This is about the 10th time I've rewritten this, in an attempt to not sound antagonistic (as that's not my intention), so I'll now keep it ultra simple and boil it down to one question.

As multiple groups already meet your criteria (publicly elected committee etc) and others could be made to at the drop of a hat. Would you be happy meeting with the club as part of a joint effort by all these groups? Or is this something you feel BRFCAG alone should do?

The collaberation meeting on Friday was attended by just two entities, but its obvious from some remarks last week that these meetings are not relayed back to the other standing individuals on committee's/forums . That in itself brings about more problems than solutions. Some groups are keen to work togther and so many people post on here, why dont people stop the bashing, ego tripping etc and work together. That can only be achieved if people take part in the platform someone has provided for people to do that.

Unfortunately it was a combination of Holiday, Family Funeral and in my case having to work which meant those from BRFCS / Fans Forum couldnt make it. I did send a message to Mark about it afterward, and speak to him at the game on Saturday. It doesnt mean that any of us are any less committed to it.

This is about the 10th time I've rewritten this, in an attempt to not sound antagonistic (as that's not my intention), so I'll now keep it ultra simple and boil it down to one question.

As multiple groups already meet your criteria (publicly elected committee etc) and others could be made to at the drop of a hat. Would you be happy meeting with the club as part of a joint effort by all these groups? Or is this something you feel BRFCAG alone should do?

I love the collaberation meetings, i think its great that groups meet up, and not only share their objectives but respect each others future plans, and allow each group to break any development in their own time..

I'm all for democracy and any elected body which could be formed would always get my vote, it takes away this you dont represent me, who elected you etc etc, because in truth people within our supporter base can make a far bigger difference by working together and looking out for one another.

At present BRFCAG meet with the club, because we have hounded and hounded , and got the influential people endorse us to help bang that door down.

We dont take for granted meetings we have, because we know how hard its been to get to this stage,

We are always open to suggestions, after all this is everyones club, and everyone has a voice.

Unfortunately it was a combination of Holiday, Family Funeral and in my case having to work which meant those from BRFCS / Fans Forum couldnt make it. I did send a message to Mark about it afterward, and speak to him at the game on Saturday. It doesnt mean that any of us are any less committed to it.

I know Ste, your imput and dedication in these meetings has been superb, its been great getting to speak with you as you are really easy to communicate with and make some really good points. Mark did say you had contacted him,

I think, at times, that we all get a little too wound up about the various groups. The simple fact is that the largest group is made up of people who don't use twitter, don't use facebook, don't go on messageboards and don't belong to any group whatsoever. This group merely go to matches and simply aren't interested in the political in-fighting that appears to take up so much time. As glen quite rightly says this is everyone's club and everyone has a voice it's just that many of us prefer an individual voice rather than the voice of a collective.

• Backroom

I think, at times, that we all get a little too wound up about the various groups. The simple fact is that the largest group is made up of people who don't use twitter, don't use facebook, don't go on messageboards and don't belong to any group whatsoever. This group merely go to matches and simply aren't interested in the political in-fighting that appears to take up so much time. As glen quite rightly says this is everyone's club and everyone has a voice it's just that many of us prefer an individual voice rather than the voice of a collective.

And this is why no group or committee will ever be truly elected by the fans as such, as the majority of fans wouldn't have a clue who to nominate etc. each group just get voted on by members of their own group

I wonder if there could ever be a season ticket lottery on a monthly basis for a chance to meet with the club and put points across?

• 1 month later...

a week tonight is the fans forum pre-meeting to put together an agenda for our meeting with the club the following week... have you anything you'd like adding?

I don't know whether it's appropriate or not but I would like to know what specific roles and responsibilities are of the following:

1. Shebby Singh

2. Robert Coar

3. Derek Shaw

4. Paul Agnew

5. Karen Silk

6. Kung Fu Panda

The last is a little Tongue in cheek but if not he, what about stadium safety and security?

The remainder, we know the titles but what do they do specifically?

I don't know whether it's appropriate or not but I would like to know what specific roles and responsibilities are of the following:

1. Shebby Singh (Assasin)

2. Robert Coar (waiting and waiting and waiting to pounce)

3. Derek Shaw (storeroom safety officer, specifically shelves)

4. Paul Agnew (assistant to above)

5. Karen Silk (responsible for counting empty seats on match day)

6. Kung Fu Panda (Transport manager)

The last is a little Tongue in cheek but if not he, what about stadium safety and security?

The remainder, we know the titles but what do they do specifically?

It depends how literally you want to extend the phrase "open to all supporters"... if more than 15 turn up then we may have to make alternative arrangements, however since the pre-meetings have been open to all supporters, I can only think of 1 (maybe 2 occasions) when more than 1 person has turned up. Would you like to come along and put a point forward for discussion to be put on the agenda?

It depends how literally you want to extend the phrase "open to all supporters"... if more than 15 turn up then we may have to make alternative arrangements, however since the pre-meetings have been open to all supporters, I can only think of 1 (maybe 2 occasions) when more than 1 person has turned up. Would you like to come along and put a point forward for discussion to be put on the agenda?

Not really got a point to make. I'm a bit of a happy bunny since Kean left and Berg arrived but I just wanted to know if it was an open meeting.

Fernhurst there is two subjects a bit delicate that I would like bringing up that poor chap rovers4good has been castigated from pillar to post about the poor bloke leaking the rovers lineup a day before the game which I admit he was wrong to do but several questions need to be asked about the event.

1.(a) Was going to the press the right thing to do given the fact he did later apologize got berated for it by his own family and seemed genuinely sorry and rather scared he was not going to hear the last of it?

1.(B) Given the fact the club new who the guy was where he lived wouldn't it have been better to deal with this in house and more diplomatically and just had a quiet word with the lad to not do it again as in his apology later he said he was sorry admitted he was in the wrong and would not leak the lineups in future?

1.© By going to the press giving the guys name reflects badly on the club & the big point here is could this matter have been dealt with differently and as shebby is quite enthusiastic about meeting the fans giving his opinions surely he could have done this in private?.

2.(a) When the owners first came in they made a load of promises since relegation they have said nothing why have they not apologized for it?.

2.(B) Shebby is there representative here in the UK Can he please ask them what their thoughts are on relegation?

2.© What their plans are for the future e.g. will Henning be backed in the January Window?

2.(d) What is being done about getting the Rovers academy up to category 1 status?

2. (e) Communication needs to improve between the owners and the fans if they are serious about getting the fans to come back communication is vital and this needs addressing so what is being done to improve this?

2.(f) I think it would be a good idea for Venkys to come out and state their intentions for the club as since Shebby has come in communication has not really improved much what are their thoughts on this?.

who keeps tampering with my posts?

• Backroom

Nobody is tampering with your posts Sav its just when you put a b followed by a closed bracket it's the shortcut for the smilie with sunglasses and a c I brackets is for the copyright motif that's all

Archived