BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Financial Arrangements

Fiction- the Rupee has been stable for the last 3 years in the band 43 to 51R to the $. Currently it is at the upper end of the range.

Fact the Sensex Bombay composite has broadly treaded water for the past 3 years between 15,000 and 20,000. It is currently at 16,600.

Venky's share price has dropped from 652 to 334 THIS YEAR and from a high of 985 in 2010.

In other words, Venky's India Limited has lost TWO THIRDS of its value IN A STABLE MARKET AND EXCHANGE RATE.

Hughsey, the exchange rate wouldn't affect the share price until most of their business is done outside the country of origin.

I'd tend to agree with philipl, however, one thing that grabbed my attention was that the dividend had increased markedly. I might have misread that, but, if next financial year the dividend plummets, then they could find a few problems coming their way.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughsey, the exchange rate wouldn't affect the share price until most of their business is done outside the country of origin.

I'd tend to agree with philipl, however, one thing that grabbed my attention was that the dividend had increased markedly. I might have misread that, but, if next financial year the dividend plummets, then they could find a few problems coming their way.

They are trapped between rapidly rising commodity prices (feedstuffs), sticky prices for their products (poor Indians won't pay more) and ballooning debt.

Trying to trade their way out through growth could be accelerating the crunch for their business.

Companies House notifications filed by Rovers.

Today was the day the Sky monies get disbursed- the speed with which the mortgages were settled confirms Barclays got their position secured directly at the Premier League.

No new mortgages have been registered but they have 14 days to do so if there is anything new.

However, nothing has been filed by Venky's London Limited so their mortgage to Barclays remains outstanding and with it the security over the land and buildings owned by the club.

Only going off what I saw on yahoo finance etc....

Yesterday it says it reached an all time low

Hughesy, the Rupee has declined by 9% since March- that is nothing compared with the share price dropping 50% in a year and by 70% in three years.

The point I made about the Rupee wobbling within a limited range remains true.

The mortgages which have been cancelled are the old belt and braces mortgages dating back to 2001. This indicates Barclays have been settled but the mortgage over the income from the Premier League has not yet been registered as settled.

Phillip, Could this force them to sell rovers then???

Any analyst or shareholder with an ounce of common sense is going to tell them to get back into the chicken coop and don't re-emerge until they have sorted out the chicken mess they are in.

Any analyst or shareholder with an ounce of common sense is going to tell them to get back into the chicken coop and don't re-emerge until they have sorted out the chicken mess they are in.

so they would be told to sell the club then?

I find it disturbing that one can set a company up, register it, chuck a few million in the account, and you are okay to purchase a premiership football club. The new company has no credit history, no accounts, no credit rating. It's just wrong.

Would it matter if they were? It's not like they listen to anyone.

They are not listening at the moment.

The key here is for all the concerned Venky's forces to keep the pressure on.

The Three Kids have never faced anything like this and at least one of them will probably snap.

They are not listening at the moment.

The key here is for all the concerned Venky's forces to keep the pressure on.

The Three Kids have never faced anything like this and at least one of them will probably snap.

Does anyone have the link to where you can post comments on Indian business. They went from positive to negative in days. Could be worth another try.

We sold Santa Cruz for £18m, Jones for £16m, Samba for £12m. All of which helped cover our running costs.

We will get a maximum of £10m total for all of the players you've listed.

We can't rely on covering our costs with player sales - and still have a squad left which can compete to stay in the Championship.

I'd say more like £25m

You think we'll make 25 million on players - not when clubs know they want out and they make no bones about it. Drives prices down.

Indeed. We don't have any bargaining power - we can't afford to pay/play half of our players.

Any we can't get a fee for will be given away - as we've seen last season. It's a buyers' market as far as we are concerned - and we ain't buyin'!

Archived