BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Battersby and Currie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to one of the Senica boys,he says Venkys are talking to someone(not them)but thinks they want them on board,as partners,does not think they will sell up.

are they selling part of the club or a majority stake with venkys owning something like 35 percentage???

According to one of the Senica boys,he says Venkys are talking to someone(not them)but thinks they want them on board,as partners,does not think they will sell up.

which one did you speak to and when? just that Ian Currie was quoted on North West Insider yesterday saying''our position hasn't changed but some progress is being made''

Since purchasing BRFC, have the Venky's adhered to one or any of the assurances given below and do the trust or infact any other sort of authority have any recourse for legal action against the Venky's?

The Venky's Board has given assurances to BRFCI that Venky's:

(a) will commit funds on a consistent and systematic basis to future transfer and/or loan activity;

(B) intends to continue to support the existing management team and staff, and that it is committed to

the future development of, and investment in, the Club’s academy and youth infrastructure;

© will continue to support, promote and extend the Club’s local community and CSR activities (VH

and its subsidiaries have their own trust engaged in significant charitable work);

(d) will seek to extend the Blackburn Rovers name and brand into India, the rest of south-east Asia

and beyond;

(e) will seek to develop and improve commercial performance across sponsorship, the Club's kit deal

and general merchandising activity;

(f) will seek to enhance the fan experience at Ewood Park itself on match days (and non match

days) and to maximise season ticket sales and any remaining match day ticket sales; and

(g) intends to improve the Club’s media platforms (for example the Club's TV channel) and to

become more active in the social media space).

In line with this, pursuant to the terms of the Share Purchase Agreement, Venky's also has entered into

the following contractual commitments with BRFCI and the Club:

(a) the principal activity of Blackburn Rovers will continue at all times to be that of a professional

football club;

(B) the current President, Vice Presidents and Honorary Vice Presidents of Blackburn Rovers will not

be removed from those positions before June 2011 without the prior written consent of those

individuals;

© the statue of Jack Walker outside Ewood Park will be kept in a good state of repair and will not be

moved to a different location, obscured or have its prominence diluted without BRFCI’s prior

written consent; and

(d) the name of the stand at Ewood Park currently known as the Jack Walker Stand will not be

changed without BRFCI's prior written consent.

The Board of Blackburn Rovers welcomes Venky’s intentions regarding Blackburn Rovers’ employees,

locations and operation of the Club set out in this paragraph and paragraph 8 below.

8. Blackburn Rovers management, employees and locations

Venky's intends to continue to run Blackburn Rovers as a football business, with operations remaining at

the current locations and has no intention to move from Ewood Park. However, Venky's believes that as

part of its future strategy, there is scope to enhance commercial sponsorship opportunities through its

associated network.

Venky's does not have any immediate intentions to dispose of or otherwise change the use of any

material assets within the Blackburn Rovers portfolio.

on Podcast saying that Battersby/Currie/Khan is going well and finance is almost in place. likely to make the bid the Venkys.

Also mention s Malaysia group and America group from offer the club by GS last week for 30 million pounds which was too much to buy the club.

Excellent news on all accounts. Still need Venky's to agree to sell and lower their price but at least there is progress.

I can imagine a few being sceptical about foreign owners but surely they have to be better than Venky's. Is the fit-and-proper persons test for all football league clubs? It must be surely. Let's hope people do their research this time if it comes to fruition.

Here is the link for Ian Currie - http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/north-west/71312-rovers-trust-pledges-hit-2m-mark/index.html

"Seneca said earlier this month that "bringing together a credible and well funded proposition" was the ambition and Currie told Insider their position had not changed but that "some progress was being made"."

Perhaps we could agree that there was no unwarranted vitriol?

I'm beginning to think that this site is becoming a debate on the English spoken language as opposed to BRFC football matters!

I think it pertinent to comment on a number of things as I see it (some with knowledge others with reasonably educated guesses), perhaps alay some fears and myths and perhaps in the process try to galvanise everyones collective energy to one end.

Whilst I would not profess to be 'ITK' regarding the current status, I do know both the Ians very well and know their intentions would be in the best interests of the Club. As a financial punt looking for a potential gain, I guess it would be a toss up; Rovers or Greece!

The 2 Ians are long standing Rovers fans first and foremost, well publicised. They will have had a comprehensive financial solution in place before they went public. I think everyone needs to take things in context in terms of comments that may have been made by either of them since October. At that time they went to Pune to offer their services and expertise to Venkys in the ongoing management of the club in an effort to try and avert the impending disaster that was clear to us all at the time and unfortunately but predictably, ultimately came to fruition. Whilst apparantly being well received at the time by Venkys they subsequently heard nothing. As a consequence, with the inevitable looming, they decided to take matters further and put together some form of financial solution to rescue the club. I suspect that this has been achieved assuming Venkys appear at the table and want to talk sensibly.

I think it is totally ridiculous and contrary to normal business practice for the concise details of whatever proposal they may have to be disclosed to all and sundry for public approval as would appear to be a general requirement. Business does not work in that way. Complete transparancy is folly and will not happen.

I am certain that dialogue will have taken place between BRSIT and Battersby and Co. and that everyone's ideal scenario would be unity. Division spells weakness. The efforts of Wild, Grabko and Co. have been monumental and should be commended but IMO will always be a bridge too far operating in isolation.

Undoubtedly egos all round have played apart, I suspect that WWs withdrawn tweets didn't endure him to Battersby & Co as it didnt to many of us passive observers either. Any misunderstandings could soon be put to bed with a phonecall!

Its a no brainer that in unity it would be a formidable force facing our intrepid owners, but that said the horse can't even be led to water never mind made to drink!

Any suggestions?

• Backroom

I guess to an extent he has to keep the owners sweet or he won't have a chance of buying the club. Especially as they are apparently not interested at all in selling to local bidders.

I guess to an extent he has to keep the owners sweet or he won't have a chance of buying the club. Especially as they are apparently not interested at all in selling to local bidders.

I agree on the keeping them sweet comment.

The second I wouldn't agree on. If they agree to sell its likely it will be highest bidder, not location of bidder. I also don't think they would sell to BRSIT at this stage, mainly as all finances would have to be disclosed publicly which would hinder their ability to negotiate on price. BRSIT is much more likely to happen after a takeover in my opinion.

I agree on the keeping them sweet comment.

The second I wouldn't agree on. If they agree to sell its likely it will be highest bidder, not location of bidder. I also don't think they would sell to BRSIT at this stage, mainly as all finances would have to be disclosed publicly which would hinder their ability to negotiate on price. BRSIT is much more likely to happen after a takeover in my opinion.

I don't think it would matter to Venkys who they sold to if they decided to sell. The only allegiance they have is clearly to themselves.

I also don't really know where the keeping sweet comments come from either but I understand the sentiment.

• Backroom

Can't remember whether it was posted as fact or opinion from a 'source' but am sure I can recall somebody saying the Raos were not going to sell to anybody local. Even if that was BS I think any potential bidder will want to maintain good relations with Venky's whilst there is a chance to buy the club.

Archived