BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Olympics 2012

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe I'm sat here at 10:30 at night watching Taekwondo...

Me too, we won and I still don't know the rules! Points for kicking the other person, points against you for kicking the other person, no points for kicking the other person, yellow cards, red cards. What's going on! ???

Me too, we won and I still don't know the rules! Points for kicking the other person, points against you for kicking the other person, no points for kicking the other person, yellow cards, red cards. What's going on! ???

Haha I know, it's nuts. The scoring when you kick is simple, quite how they work out when to give a point against is anyone's guess!

Jade Jones was brilliant though. She never looked flustered. Today was most definitely Ladies Day!

Fantastic run by Rudesha of Kenya in the 800m for gold and a new world record

It'll never be as high profile an event as the 100m, but that 800m record was probably on a par with anything Bolt has ever done, truly outstanding, Rudisha's another athlete who looked like he could take a bit more off that time at will. One amazing race for Osagie to be involved in : sure I heard someone say he joins a very select band of only three other Brits who have clocked under 1:44 .

I hear this morning that Osagie's time last night would have won gold in Beijing.

If we only win one more medal this games I hope it is Sarah Stevenson who gets it today. "Inspire" seems to be the buzz word of the games, and this is a truly inspiring young woman, who has shown remarkable strength through the living nightmare that has been the last year of her life. A gold for her would be the best gold of the games for me, really hope she can do it.

Usain cements his place at the top of the tree and the greatest sprinter of all time.

He didn't need to win last night to prove that to me Tom. Just watching him over the past 5 years or so turning on the after burners at 50m and leaving the rest for dead is enough. It is imo the single most impressive and exhilerating spectacle in world sport! The most disheartening realisation in sport (after hearing that some ill bred, half baked butchers from the Indian sub-continent has taken over your football club) must be glancing across the line after 30m and seeing that Usain Bolt has made a decent start. :(

Whats going on indeed........ My Dad (who was a great fan of boxing) always said that anybody who used their feet in a fight was a coward.

If we only win one more medal this games I hope it is Sarah Stevenson who gets it today. "Inspire" seems to be the buzz word of the games, and this is a truly inspiring young woman, who has shown remarkable strength through the living nightmare that has been the last year of her life. A gold for her would be the best gold of the games for me, really hope she can do it.

I jinxed her :(

There is a clue in the use of the past tense T4E.

However if you want I'll come and tell them...... I'll get me clogs dubbined up specially.

Sounds like a plan.

Btw, if anyone spots a ginger head rolling down the street please return to -

SteB

c/o BRFCS

Blackburn

So with only a couple of days left, is this the best Olympics ever?

I seem to remember the Aussies claiming that for Sydney.

The Olympics must be the best attended ever, preceeded by the massive Torch Relay attended by many thousands every day for 2 months. How many other Olympics have had complete sell outs for the morning sessions? Magnificent crowds across every course, such as the road race cycling, the triathlon, the marathon etc... 80k+ for women's footy finals.

Be interested to know people's opinions, Especially those non uk based to see what they think.

Brilliant day at the Olympic Park - beautiful weather although a touch too hot for someone of my age, the venue packed but never feeling overcrowded, everyone having a good time with smiles on their faces and the transport system worked perfectly. Plus we saw GB women win hockey bronze by beating New Zealand 3-1. The games have been an outstanding success from an organisation point of view - there was nothing today that I could say they had got wrong or criticise. London has a wonderful legacy with a formerly rundown area of the city transformed but whether the rest of the country starved of similar investment feels the same is open to doubt. Shame about another poor night for British track athletes - apart from "super Saturday" their performances like those of the swimmers have been very disappointing.

I'm a bit confused. He got knocked out once but now he's about to get a bronze medal.

I really don't know how the taekwondo works. They kick each other, nothing happens, then somebody scores a load of points and somebody else gets a penalty. Still, you'd think having the world's best player on your team would give you a decent chance of gold rather than bronze.

Archived