BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS Podcast 37

Guest Wen Y Hu

Guest Wen Y Hu

BRFCS Podcast 37 features chief reporter Kamy and assistant editor Eddie discussing recent events surrounding the Rovers with BRFCS editor Wen Y Hu.

Our thanks to podcast producer J*B (Josh) for the production of this podcast.

The podcast is published to the front page here.

It is also available via the following link. Just paste the link into your browser address bar.

http://brfcspod.brfcsltd.netdna-cdn.com/BRFCS-37.mp3

I have to say I am rather 'confused'.

Kamy sounded pretty dis-spirited when talking about the lack of documentary evidence that the FA and Premier League can act on.

On the other hand we hear from the Action Group that 'the net is closing'. There seems to be a big discrepancy between the two.

This isn't meant as a criticsm, I just don't understand.

I don't want to speak for Kamy and I wasn't present at the recording this week, but I suspect Kamy means "the evidence he's unearthed" which isn't the same as what's been given to the FA/PL. Currently the content of that file are known only to a very small number of people (and I believe from the open floor meeting the plan is to pass it onto journalists should the PA/PL try to sweep it under the carpet).

Judging by Glen' confidence, I can only assume he's managed to get way more tangible proof than Kamy did.

Randy I have a bit of information regarding this

I do understand it is very confusing

but don't forget these forums are read by senior people so we have to be very careful what we say.

Having attended in an observation capacity the FA meeting with Glen,Rob & Mark he has presented them with documentary evidence which they are looking at so he is right in saying the net is closing in.

But with the authorities you can probably guess what they are like the lot of them sitting in their offices twiddling their thumbs drinking cups of tea saying the world is a wonderful place.

Believe me Glen has gone over and above the call of duty to get the facts presented to the relevent people

and as I stated many times before that man should be given an MBE for what he has done and the crap he has had to put up with.

I can confirm from the meeting with the FA if they do try and do nothing it will be passed onto the press.

I can confirm Glenn with regards to evidence Glen is getting stuff all the time.

At this moment in time we unfortunately are in the hands of the FA hoping they act right away but more likely they will take forever to investigate.

I must say having gone to the open floor action meeting and meeting Glenn P, Ewood Dawn, Glen and many others it was a good meeting and Glen M was as open an honest with his answers all we need now is a bit of patience and hopefully things get resolved soon.

We should also be grateful to kamy who has also managed to uncover a lot up to now I think he like me like every other fan want this nightmare to end and hope it gets resolved yesterday but as stated before hopefully this mess gets sorted out soon.

The FA could sit on this for ages. Meanwhile Venkys aren't behaving like owners who are worried they may be forced to sell.

Let's just rip the band aid off and send all the evidence to a 'friendly' journo who can get it into the public domain, and blow the lid off the whole sorry situation.

If something illegal really has occurred, why should anyone be given the chance to slope off without recourse. They've taken us down (in a number of ways), why not take them down with us.

If nothing illegal has occurred everyone needs to get on with their lives, in their own ways.

Once again excellent podcast and agree with kamy this club can't move forward with Kean in charge but as kamy states at least we are now trying to do our business early and get ready for the new season.

SG you completely misunderstood my point the gloves are just about to well and truly come off because Glen & the rest of us at the FA meeting were quite forceful in stating they expect action to be taken immediately or else it will go further we were anything but nicey nicey I can confirm that.

This still doesn't make sense to me.

The Raos appointed Shebby to counter balance the power being exhuded over the club by "the Kean side" seemingly because they are not the real owners of the club or not the full owners.

But what power has Kean actually had? He has been kept as manager, but was not allowed to buy players last season and reportedly couldn't even form his own team policy.

SEM have been completely marginalized from transfer activity as well since the first window which they were involved in. Involvement that has not been covered up, but stated in public by both the Raos and Jerome Anderson.

It was not altogether shocking either because agent involvement is a fact of life in modern football and it's obvious clubs are heavily reliant on them to get anything done, especially ones with foreign ownership who need all the help they can get.

So Kamy you say there is no documented evidence, but plenty of information. But what is this information? Where has it come from? How reliable is it?

So far the only documented evidence we have is that people in the highest positions at Rovers have no idea what's going on. Paul Hunt showed that he was completely in the dark about many things, but just as significantly that he was concerned about people at the club spreading rumours and misinformation about the owners and wanted the power to sack them.

All I can deduce from that is that people at the club, in the absence of any real information, have made suppositions about the goings on and spread these to the wider public. Suppositions that may or may not be correct.

So I fail to see what our supposed true overlords stand to gain currently when they are marginalized from transfer activity and far from selling assets we seem to now be building a team strong enough to compete for promotion this season.

Far from staying ignorant or stubborn, people at the club have been publically admitting "we ###### up, we know the fans are angry, we want to try and fix this". What for? I kept hearing about how they just want to sell assets, take the parachute payments and run. Yet it seems they are instead reinvesting that money into the squad.

I must admit that I look forward to something sinister being proven by the FA or Premier League because it will definitely be mind blowing. Having read what has gone on at other clubs like Cardiff and Bolton recently, I do hope it opens a window to greater scrutiny of club owners by the various governing bodies, as that can only be a good thing.

Miker I can clear the Kamy question for you no problem yes there is lots of information out there that Kamy has collected but putting that kind of information into the public domain is very risky and you talk about how reliable it is unless the information can be backed up with solid gold proof/ evidence we can only regard the information as rumour and that is the problem there is lots of info out there but finding the evidence to backup those claims is proving very difficult and as you are probably aware if anyone starts putting stuff into the public domain without proof Anderson's lawyers will have a field day as you will know from his actions with the lancs telegraph.

Has the Action Group set a rough deadline for the gloves to come off and go public with this evidence? (assuming the FA & Premier League do nowt)

That got asked at the public meeting and didn't really get a direct answer, but essentially it was 'no official deadline, but we'll not let them ignore it' or at least that was my understanding of the answers

Excellent pod cast as always.

Kamy is correct. As long as Steve Kean remains in charge the team can progress in no way.

+1

I'm afraid that sounds very ominous to me,there comes a point when being nicey nicey has to stop and the gloves come off!

+1

That got asked at the public meeting and didn't really get a direct answer, but essentially it was 'no official deadline, but we'll not let them ignore it' or at least that was my understanding of the answers

Why is it that the information is not already with the press? What tactical advantage is there in waiting? Surely the "evidence" is still usable if it is published in the paper? And wouldn't release of information force the FA/PL's hands if the public were made aware of any alleged misconduct?

It was not altogether shocking either because agent involvement is a fact of life in modern football and it's obvious clubs are heavily reliant on them to get anything done, especially ones with foreign ownership who need all the help they can get.

Rubbish. They didn't need to rely on agents - even as "foreign owners". They needed to listen to Williams, Finn et al, and act appropriately.

We did a lot better in the days when we weren't handing over millions in transfer money to agents.

Rubbish. They didn't need to rely on agents - even as "foreign owners". They needed to listen to Williams, Finn et al, and act appropriately.

We did a lot better in the days when we weren't handing over millions in transfer money to agents.

But we did hand money over to agents, as does every club in the world.

But we did hand money over to agents, as does every club in the world.

Prior to Venky's arriving we were one of the clubs in the PL who gave the least amount of money to agents, the figure escapes me but it was around £500,000. Last season it was over £5 million. It is possible to run a club and use agents in a very controlled manner. Dealing with agents is a reality of modern football, but there are ways to heavily control their influence which John Williams and Tom Finn had mastered.

Prior to Venky's arriving we were one of the clubs in the PL who gave the least amount of money to agents, the figure escapes me but it was around £500,000. Last season it was over £5 million. It is possible to run a club and use agents in a very controlled manner. Dealing with agents is a reality of modern football, but there are ways to heavily control their influence which John Williams and Tom Finn had mastered.

I agree with that but then our transfer dealings were a lot less hectic the previous seasons.

How many players did we buy and get rid of during the period we spent 5m on transfers? I think we ended up signing at least 10 players. So obviously the fees are going to be higher. I'd be interested to see the breakdown of these fees, but at the end of the day we HAVE to deal with agents and they along with the players hold the most power.

My point is, no matter who buys us, even a fan-led consortium, we are still at the mercy of players and their agents when we are trying to sign them.

Great podcast guys and a great question from Wen Y Hu about do we have a ball winner in midfield, when for me, Kammy came out with some completely overated opinion about Petrovic and Lowe being both high energy players :blink: dont think the club has any high energy players since the bald failed jock got promoted.

So Kamy you say there is no documented evidence, but plenty of information. But what is this information? Where has it come from? How reliable is it?

So far the only documented evidence we have is that people in the highest positions at Rovers have no idea what's going on. Paul Hunt showed that he was completely in the dark about many things, but just as significantly that he was concerned about people at the club spreading rumours and misinformation about the owners and wanted the power to sack them.

All I can deduce from that is that people at the club, in the absence of any real information, have made suppositions about the goings on and spread these to the wider public. Suppositions that may or may not be correct.

So I fail to see what our supposed true overlords stand to gain currently when they are marginalized from transfer activity and far from selling assets we seem to now be building a team strong enough to compete for promotion this season.

Far from staying ignorant or stubborn, people at the club have been publically admitting "we ###### up, we know the fans are angry, we want to try and fix this". What for? I kept hearing about how they just want to sell assets, take the parachute payments and run. Yet it seems they are instead reinvesting that money into the squad.

I must admit that I look forward to something sinister being proven by the FA or Premier League because it will definitely be mind blowing. Having read what has gone on at other clubs like Cardiff and Bolton recently, I do hope it opens a window to greater scrutiny of club owners by the various governing bodies, as that can only be a good thing.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but there was an interview with Squashed Fox producer Rishi Sikka on radio Lancs yesterday.

Andy Bayes asked the question what are we going to find out from this documentary. Rishi responded by saying that he has looked into all of the conspiracy theories and he has hit a dead end on all of them and what we will find is that what people want to believe isn't true and Venkys were basically overwhelmed when they took over.

The amount of digging that has gone on in the last 18 months and we are still waiting for the bombshell that something illegal has taken place.

From the outside looking in it seems like there has been a lot of bad decision making and mis management but as for anything else more sinister ? i'm not sure.

Anyway it will be interesting to watch this documentary.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but there was an interview with Squashed Fox producer Rishi Sikka on radio Lancs yesterday.

Andy Bayes asked the question what are we going to find out from this documentary. Rishi responded by saying that he has looked into all of the conspiracy theories and he has hit a dead end on all of them and what we will find is that what people want to believe isn't true and Venkys were basically overwhelmed when they took over.

The amount of digging that has gone on in the last 18 months and we are still waiting for the bombshell that something illegal has taken place.

From the outside looking in it seems like there has been a lot of bad decision making and mis management but as for anything else more sinister ? i'm not sure.

Anyway it will be interesting to watch this documentary.

Thanks, I will listen to the interview later tonight.

So are we supposed to believe they're not corrupt, their just incompetent? Is one better than the other?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived