BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Joseph Barton

SergioPeter89

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see the point. 12 match ban, liability to have on the pitch. He's had so many chances. If Hughes can't control him, then the baldy twonk that we have in charge will have no chance.

Shame really though, if he wasn't completely mental he has the ability to be a top player.

Said it before, will say it again. If Barton ever signs for this club, I am definitely not attending a single game til he's gone. I suppose that won't make much difference anyway, as I'm unlikely to be able to bring myself to go whilst Kean and Venkys are still running things anyway. May find myself tempted though...but not if he comes too. We already have a large enough conglomerate of assholes at the club as it is.

Ignoring my indignant rage for a moment...this article doesn't seem to compute. QPR want to loan him out to run his ban down quicker, so he is available for November, but we want him to help our promotion charge. How does it help our promotion charge to send him straight back once his ban runs down? Plus I'm quite sure we'd be in trouble for helping an attempt to circumvent the rules.

Id accept Barton at Rovers - note accept not like - I think he is an odious human being and many times Ive stated this more colourfully but leaving aside his personality he is a decent footballer and could do a very good job for Rovers on the pitch. We have had universally disliked players at the club before - step forward Mr Diouf - and I see Barton as being no different.

We have to look at this from a football point of view rather than a personal one and ask would he add to the sqaud and I think that he most definitely would!

Barton is on a different level of odious to even Diouf. And we don't have to look at this from a football point of view. Where is the line for you, exactly? What does somebody have to have done for you to not want them to play for us regardless of their ability? We already have Kean, Venkys, Agnew...I'm astonished any of you can stomach Barton on top of that. I'd be struggling mightily to accept it even under good, likeable ownership and management. Don't think I could. Hopefully a bogus rumour.

Throw a guy with the shortest fuse in football in with the biggest numpty in football and hopefully you get one bruised Steve kean.

Just in case, I've already heard that Kean called him a "@#/?" behind his back.

(for once Kean was right, but what can you do)

He's best mates with Bradley 'Kean is a fantastic manager' Orr so its not so unbelievable.

I hated Diouf before he joined us, and most people didn't like Savage either, so things change when you sign someone.

He'd do well in the Championship, certainly better than most at that level, so why not?

But what I dont get is if hes banned for 12 games - how many games will he actually play for rovers before he goes back to QPR? If QPRs aim is to reduce the length of time before he returns to playing for them by being loaned out, then he isnt likely to play that many games - maybe 6 - 10 games? Surely you have to balance that against the risk of him disrupting things off field if he doesnt get on with certain players? Mind you he must be ok off field at QPR or Hughes would not have put up with him.

He'd do well in the Championship, certainly better than most at that level, so why not?

Well on the basis that he's a complete and utter scumbag he'll fit right in.

Let's get this straight once and for all. This football club is nigh on below contempt. It is surrounding itself with the dregs of the game - some people who are employed in senior positions at Ewood are milking us dry. These are people who wouldn't have even got to the interview stage with John Williams at the helm.

Still, that naughty Trust not putting anything in. More to the point - they didn't take anything out either. Like PRIDE.

Archived