BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Uneasy Truce

Everyone at the club knows how the fans feel towards Kean - and by extension Venkys (due to their support of Kean) - no prizes for stating the obvious.

In a "King Solomon" moment whereby I assume the part of the baby's real mother, a suggestion:

Shebby is having meetings with the fans and must be receiving the message loud, clear and consistently from all quarters.

Provided Shebby is made aware of the fans 'willingness' to call a truce for the good of Blackburn Rovers, is it time to, temporarily, STOP the matchday Kean Out / Venkys Out chants?

Call it a deal with Shebby. Provided he does the necessary after five games, we will support the team only - giving Kean no excuses for failure, making it will be all down to him.

After the five games, it's business as usual - until Shebby keeps his end of the bargain.

We simply can't go on like we are - for the sake of the club. Maybe it's time to stop trying to cut the child in half?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps Matty but if he's not been ousted yet through fan protests, maybe he's never going to be?

All this hatred - with no relief - is ONLY hurting the fans.

EVERYONE knows we want him gone - so much so that Kean Out is going from trending hash tag to bitter cliché, banned at darts matches.

If Kean has really been given a clean slate, as we've been led to believe, then nothing that has happened so far (Pre Shebby) is admissible evidence.

Maybe it's time to play the game and give him some fresh rope.

Thing is we stop the anti kean stuff you know he will spin it in his favour. " All the fans are on board now. They are all behind me and the players. They can see what we are trying to do."

No thanks i dont want to give him that chance...

Thing is we stop the anti kean stuff you know he will spin it in his favour. " All the fans are on board now. They are all behind me and the players. They can see what we are trying to do."

But who is he going to tell? We are a Championship club now - no-one cares.

The only people he can reach now are LT readers (I.e. ourselves). If we know the score - and we make sure Shebby knows the score then who else do we care about.

We are at a point were we are saying: "I'll never ever stop screaming at him - regardless of the fact it achieves nothing except feed my own anger, hatred and misery."

What does that achieve?

It doesn't achieve anything, but then neither have meetings with Singh, trios to Pune, chinwags with the PL and the rest.

It's all your everyday fan has left. Though Im not sure what Ewood will be like considering over half of the crowd (many of whom where rabidly anti Kean) will have vanished.

But who is he going to tell? We are a Championship club now - no-one cares.

The only people he can reach now are LT readers (I.e. ourselves). If we know the score - and we make sure Shebby knows the score then who else do we care about.

We are at a point were we are saying: "I'll never ever stop screaming at him - regardless of the fact it achieves nothing except feed my own anger, hatred and misery."

What does that achieve?

Exactly. Only us will probably read it so what better chance will he have of rubbing it in our faces every week. Id sooner him be asked the question " do you ever think you will win the fans over" ie you have to leave for the good of the club.

Everyone has a breaking point but i have to admit ive never known of anything like this.

No chance.

As has been said, the weasel will tell the owners that everyone is behind him, probably keeping him at our club for even longer.

Keep up the chants to let him, Singh and the owners know exactly what we think about him.

Keep up the chants to let him, Singh and the owners know exactly what we think about him.

They already know. Chant or no chant.

All i'm saying is, for this five games that Shebby has apparently suggested, we remove the excuse "it's the fans' fault for being negative" and let Kean take all the blame for the results.

I fully appreciate we've been here before but not with Shebby supposedly on side.

We get to watch Kean hang himself and/or find out what Shebby is really capable of.

5 games.

They already know. Chant or no chant.

All i'm saying is, for this five games that Shebby has apparently suggested, we remove the excuse "it's the fans' fault for being negative" and let Kean take all the blame for the results.

I fully appreciate we've been here before but not with Shebby supposedly on side.

We get to watch Kean hang himself and/or find out what Shebby is really capable of.

5 games.

Sorry cant do it their chances have been gone and expired. Id feel even more of a mug if i fell for their latest trick. Everything is always... just wait til then and see what happens. Sorry no more chances from me

sure ive seen about 100 topics recently with the same theme as this. with the same responses.

Really? Must have missed the other truce threads.

I've seen plenty of complaints about other threads being dragged off topic though...

Sorry cant do it their chances have been gone and expired. Id feel even more of a mug if i fell for their latest trick. Everything is always... just wait til then and see what happens. Sorry no more chances from me

Brad you are right.

I fear that we have pretty well lost all our goodwill from fans in respect of anything the current manager and owners stand for.Its almost as if people feel Shebby is here to be one of us.In getting a few things straight it is worth remembering that when the Club was falling into the abyss last season and a blind man on a donkey could see it coming the fans got it in the neck for their behaviour.Throughout the whole sorry saga , the owners continued to defy what collectively amounted to thousands of years support and knowledge of the town and the club and steadfastly refused to communicate with anyone and do it their own sweet way with Kean and all their cronies.NOT ONCE DID THEY COMMUNICATE WITH ANY OF THE FAN GROUPS, MP's, COUNCILLORS,WILD, ILLYAS KHAN/2 IANS , The list goes on

Finally everything the fans were telling them would happen, happened.

Their answer was a further insult by keeping the manager and staff intact and then appointing one of their own people-a Malaysian TV presenter-with about as much connection with the Club and the Town as Mickey mouse, as the Global advisor and head of relations with the fans.

For god sake , he is a Venky appointment, not here to make the vast sweeping changes right through this Club but to perpetuate the myth that we have become now that the managerial status quo has been maintained.

For months now Pune will have been bombarded by irrate fans from all quarters complaining and telling them to get out and get rid of their manager.You can hear it now-'' we don't want this coming here to Pune it is making us unhappy.Lets appoint someone to go and stop all this happening so we can get on with our lives and not have to deal with these fans''

So i am afraid thats all it is.More spin, more we want the fans to be happy sh1te, more of the same kind of bogus people coming into the club. BRAG's efforts (like alot of others before are highly commendable and done because of real feelings for the club)but a TV presenter preaching to a room full will be his dream ticket and the spin in India is that Shebby has got the fans with him and is calming the riots.

Sadly the fans he has got with him will be about 15000 less now because quite frankly nobody gives a sh1te any more.The time has passed and the rebuilding can only ever truly begin once these imbeciles have packed up and gone and disappeared for ever.

Sorry but thats the sad , sad reality as i see it

Everyone at the club knows how the fans feel towards Kean - and by extension Venkys (due to their support of Kean) - no prizes for stating the obvious.

In a "King Solomon" moment whereby I assume the part of the baby's real mother, a suggestion:

Shebby is having meetings with the fans and must be receiving the message loud, clear and consistently from all quarters.

Provided Shebby is made aware of the fans 'willingness' to call a truce for the good of Blackburn Rovers, is it time to, temporarily, STOP the matchday Kean Out / Venkys Out chants?

Call it a deal with Shebby. Provided he does the necessary after five games, we will support the team only - giving Kean no excuses for failure, making it will be all down to him.

After the five games, it's business as usual - until Shebby keeps his end of the bargain.

We simply can't go on like we are - for the sake of the club. Maybe it's time to stop trying to cut the child in half?

Pacifist,

absolutely no chance, they played that card last season and coco took the ######

get him out with maximum pressure

that is in the best interests of the club long term

They should cancel the Early Bird and issue a 5 match ticket bundle if they are serious. That'd add some interest and make it really difficult for the press and media to criticise the supporters .

Fabulous idea, love it

Nice try Stuart.....no point even reading the responses to know what the answer to this will be.

I too think it should be stopped, even if only for a short space like 5 or 6 games to see what happens....but no chance with our protestors. I wish they would just call a truce and stay away, rather than come down and create a bad/ negative atmosphere, which only hurts the team/ club more - regardless of Keans situation ....let the fans who choose to go, support there team.

Archived