BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is David Dunn blue and white?

I presume the article is hinting at some form of blackmail in order to get a new contract which, unless there is something more concrete than a timeline made up of new articles, isn't worth commenting on.

Which leaves us that Dunn was unhappy and threatening to criticise the owners when leaving. Eventually a deal is agreed which gives him and his family stability, especially if it includes coaching in a future role. As Dunn now has a long term future for himself at the club he no longer rocks the boat and tries (impossibly) to say the right things to appease both the fans and the owners.

Unless there's more to this that is known and isn't aired in the blog then I don't see a story.

Don't really think there much to it. Dunn and kean get on well so baldly has put a good word in. Dunn is now in keans pocket as dunn wants to continue at rovers coaching under him. Dunn will do and say as kean pleases.

Unfortunately, spoken evidence can't really be included in a blog.. especially when it isn't disclosed. You'll have to take the source's word for it I'm afraid - as annoying as that may be.

But yes. Dunn basically is forced into almost being a yes-man, don't expect him to play much part this season though.

Duny is nothing more than a pitch roller these days, he really is in the pocket of KEANSCUM as has been noted by his recent ill advised comments that come straight from the pocket book of Agnewisms.

The fans will come back once we get a few wins and a good start to the season.

No we wont Fatboy, we will once KEANSCUM is removed from post

David Dunn is a contemptible sell-out, and not the sharpest tool in the box.

This.

Plus he had a house at Brockhall that needed finishing and his pockets were running pretty dry.

Dunn would have sold his auntie for a new contract at any club.

Rovers just happened to be most convenient for him and now he's a fully fledged Kean 'yes' man.

Guest Rovers4Good

This.

Plus he had a house at Brockhall that needed finishing and his pockets were running pretty dry.

Dunn would have sold his auntie for a new contract at any club.

Rovers just happened to be most convenient for him and now he's a fully fledged Kean 'yes' man.

I think you'll find that, that house was built and then sold :)

Listen that article i've just read is absolute clap trap and although i don't know Dunny that well i can honestly say that he's a rovers fan through and through but at the end of the day he's got to secure a life after football and he's done that by signing a contract at the club for 1 more year playing wise and Kean mentioned that Dunny would have a role on the coaching staff would refused to say what role other than we'll fit him in somewhere.

Dunn likes Kean

Kean likes Dunn

There's nothing more in it than that and if i was past my sell by date and someone offered my an extention to my contract beyond my playing days then i'd bite their hands off, wouldn't you?

I think you'll find that, that house was built and then sold :)

Listen that article i've just read is absolute clap trap and although i don't know Dunny that well i can honestly say that he's a rovers fan through and through but at the end of the day he's got to secure a life after football and he's done that by signing a contract at the club for 1 more year playing wise and Kean mentioned that Dunny would have a role on the coaching staff would refused to say what role other than we'll fit him in somewhere.

Dunn likes Kean

Kean likes Dunn

There's nothing more in it than that and if i was past my sell by date and someone offered my an extention to my contract beyond my playing days then i'd bite their hands off, wouldn't you?

If he was Rovers through and through he would stand up against the turds who have ruined Rovers...Kean, Venkys, Anderson etc. instead he sold his soul, for a few more pieces of silver. If he hasn't secured his future despite all the millions he has made from his home town club then he is a moron, and why would we employ a dumb, overweight, over the hill leech in any regime that wasn't as self serving as the Venkeans

Are you serious with that comment? If everyone garnered the same opinion from a match then why are they analysed so much?

Sure for a short time (around the Burnley home game) Dunn was doing ok in an average side but thats about it (it was a shocking period where he may have actually completed a few games). A far cry from the Dunn of old.

These days he's a wage leech. A Kean loving and Venky ring kissing leech

Are you serious with that comment? If everyone garnered the same opinion from a match then why are they analysed so much?

Sure for a short time (around the Burnley home game) Dunn was doing ok in an average side but thats about it (it was a shocking period where he may have actually completed a few games). A far cry from the Dunn of old.

I'd be amazed if anyone thought the guy controlling the tempo of our games wasn't playing well. I appreciate people have different opinions but I would presume people thought Samba played well in that time also.

I thought he played really well in the first half of the season but then went back to having injury and fitness issues.....not the Dunn of old but still playing really well.....and scoring goals.

The last point is irrelevant to what we were talking about.....not many would disagree but some know he has a living to make and there are rumours they are pressured into certain things.

The last point is irrelevant to what we were talking about.....not many would disagree but some know he has a living to make and there are rumours they are pressured into certain things.

Boo-bloody-hoo. Poor old 'Dunny'.

A fat slug who told the supporters to 'GET REAL' when we raised our voices against the parasitic regime lining his pockets.

Im pretty sure Dunn was our top goalscorer 09/10. He kept benni on the bench. And like salgadoisahero said, people started mentioning him for the england squad.

And you cant possibly expect him to do well under steve kean, in a CM role? thats not his position. we all know that.

Of course his not the old david dunn, and quite possibly he is a bit chubby, but his about the only local player rovers got, and in his right position or in a super-sub role he could certainly do a job, just as much as the rest of this squad (not something i would call an achievement, but then again last season was incomparable to anything.)

And nobody liked the get real comments, but then again, i have yet to see ANY sort of critizism from any of the players or former players/staff from this era towards the "cancer clientele". Samba had a few words, BEFORE he got transfered. Salgado didnt exactly lash out on anybody, just a few words on twitter. Maybe ive missed someones comments but thats besides the point.

And again, show me ONE SINGLE PLAYER whos not a mercenary in todays game. Ledley king maybe? he only had appearance fees right? Who else we got?

people started mentioning him for the england squad.

surely that was only us rose tinted rovers fans... lets not kid ourselves... dunn hasnt been anywhere near an england squad for about 10 years!

I'd be amazed if anyone thought the guy controlling the tempo of our games wasn't playing well.

you are fast becoming one of the least credible posters on here salgado (and that really is saying something) but this is worth a response. for 3 months of the 2009/2010 season dunn was good. he never controlled the tempo of games as he has never been good enough to do that but he was doing well running at defences and even scoring some goals.

everything is relative though. you could say he was doing well compared to how he had done in 2 and a half seasons prior to rejoining. you could never say he was doing well enough to get in the englad squad. you could never say he was playing as well as he did in his first stint. you could definitely say he was playing better at the end of 2009 than he has since because he has done nothing other than collude with kean and the venky's.

dunn was a fantastic talent when he came through but his return has been a disaster. your forgetting that when he did string those few decent games together in late 2009 that he started making threats about leaving if he didn't get his new contract and we know all about his latest contract. dunn is a local player but he's never a rover through and through...

not many would disagree but some know he has a living to make

Not a regular poster but I have to call you on that statement. When we talk of having a "living" to make, what is the context? Most people could live for a whole year, in a very comfortable fashion, on just 2wks of an average PL players salary. Fair statement? So (assuming you agree that is fair) then the income over just ONE year on an avg PL wage would provide a decent "living" for approx 26yrs.

If all his wages and moves have not given him enough money for a "living" by now, then he's an idiot - and that holds true for any PL player.

Also years ago they used to use the excuse (for high wages) of it being a very short career. These days players have so many options, particularly with anyone who's kicked a ball seemingly able to get a cosy media job somewhere in the world.

If he was Rovers through and through then the money wouldn't matter - am fairly sure many people on these very boards, who have shown they ARE committed to helping our club, have taken financial and personal hits to do what's needed.

Archived