BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stephen Warnock

chaddyrovers

Just the type of player we need at this stage, which probably disqualifies this rumor from being true... Just for the sake of argument though, IF he came I wouldn't be opposed to using him in central midfield again as we still desperately lack legs and steel in that position.

Just the type of player we need at this stage, which probably disqualifies this rumor from being true... Just for the sake of argument though, IF he came I wouldn't be opposed to using him in central midfield again as we still desperately lack legs and steel in that position.

Then we still don't have a left back and we're playing with him out of position. Etuhu looked good the other day too. I don't think this will happen anyway.

Time has passed AJW. Mustve made you forget the amount of goals warnock was responsible for.

I'm glad its not just me who thinks this. The bloke got found out of position so often he was forced to make Hollywood slide tackles every 5 minutes. They always look good and the crowd love them. In the same way that you could compile great a highlights reel for Pedersen' spectacular strikes, you could do the same for Warnocks blocks and tackles. However, the flip side for Pedersen is ten times more poor corners, crosses, short passes, free kicks and wayward shots. For Warnock it'd be rash tackles in dangerous areas and conceded penalties. Given that he's what, 4 years older this time around, i'd say the chances of him recovering from poor positioning with a lung busting lunge etc... are even more remote. He'd be on big big wages too. No thanks.

I do not think Warnock would be a good bet even if he wanted to come and he certainly would want a huge part of the almost fifty grand a week he is reported to enjoy at Villa. He is a good pal of Brunskill but I very much doubt if Brunskill's opinion holds much sway at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived