BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rickie Lambert and Luke Moore

chaddyrovers

I guess Rovers must have tapped Lambert up and he is interested. A lot of people are saying we have no chance but we don't know how much cash Rovers are offering in wages compared to his current deal

I'd not be so sure. As an outsider looking in. It seems your club picks a name, gets the name into the papers, drops a few hints at massive wages and then hopes something might bite.

A poor way to conduct business. It seems the bids and the money are no where near the paper figures. The result is no signing and your club looking cheap and amateurish.

No chance Blackburn would sign Lambert as many of your fans have said.

To be honest I cannot see any viable striker targets out there for you to sign. Billy Sharp as some of your fans have said is a potential and worth an enquiry. Would he want to give up a chance of top flight football though?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read the secret footballer book and read how transfers work. Rovers or an agent working for the club would have contacted Lambert before releasing this information to the press. All clubs do it.

I don't think we will sign him but I imagine Lambert might be open to the move if the pay is high enough. Lambert signed for the saints in league 1. I guess his pay packet will not be that high compared to most premier league strikers. He also only has one big move left I his career.

I still think we will sign Rhodes on deadline day

it is all about cash at the end of the day for players.

Hang on a second Ben, you had a reason to comment on our dealings with Rhodes but you are now becoming patronizing & down right irritating with your sniping at our club!! There is no need for it, the Rhodes deal is dead & we have moved on,I think you should too!!

There was a Huddersfield fan on a Celtic forum the other day talking about Rhodes.....he wrote 2 sentences about Rhodes and about 4 paragraphs about H'field and their rise to the C'ship, their legendary owner etc etc......the few I have encountered recently have gone a bit overboard with their own club and are hyping themselves up big time.....I appreciated Ben's input at first, until his posts came tediously repetitive and as for the last one, you're right it's pretty patronising....."no viable transfer targets that you could sign".....absolutely no-one......they're linked with Johnny Russell from Dundee United.....he'd probably prefer a move to us over them if we offered similar wages so there's one.

I doubt we'd get Lambert but apparently once again we have offered a 30 year old a 4 year contract so you never know what his thinking could be.

I'd not be so sure. As an outsider looking in. It seems your club picks a name, gets the name into the papers, drops a few hints at massive wages and then hopes something might bite.

A poor way to conduct business. It seems the bids and the money are no where near the paper figures. The result is no signing and your club looking cheap and amateurish.

No chance Blackburn would sign Lambert as many of your fans have said.

To be honest I cannot see any viable striker targets out there for you to sign. Billy Sharp as some of your fans have said is a potential and worth an enquiry. Would he want to give up a chance of top flight football though?

He's becoming a bit too interested in the rovers for me. A bit like Arsene Wenger did with Mourinho's Chelsea.

Close eye here but how does Huddersfield town afford Mackay stevens and Russell from dundee when they want the fees upfront?

Im guessing russell is a rhodes replacement... Longer Russell dosen't sign for them the more it makes sense.

Rhodes is growing on me...

Close eye here but how does Huddersfield town afford Mackay stevens and Russell from dundee when they want the fees upfront?

Im guessing russell is a rhodes replacement... Longer Russell dosen't sign for them the more it makes sense.

Rhodes is growing on me...

Give over. If required we'd have the cash. Certainly not done deals though.

Witglh regard to my previous post, I wasn't being patronising as many would be happy to join your club. I just cannot think of any strikers who spring to mind who either are of good enough quality for what you are looking for, unhappy at sitting on a bench and looking for first team football or are up and coming stars. It very limited out there at the moment.

Billy Sharp, I'd agree is possible.

Chruch at reading looking for a loan

Possibly an old favorite of both our clubs, Jon stead at bristol city. Seems in good form st the moment.

Chopra at ipswich?

There doesn't seem to be many options around for anybody looking for a striker at the moment in the britsh leagues.

Witglh regard to my previous post, I wasn't being patronising as many would be happy to join your club. I just cannot think of any strikers who spring to mind who either are of good enough quality for what you are looking for, unhappy at sitting on a bench and looking for first team football or are up and coming stars. It very limited out there at the moment.

Possibly an old favorite of both our clubs, Jon stead at bristol city. Seems in good form st the moment.

Chopra at ipswich?

There doesn't seem to be many options around for anybody looking for a striker at the moment in the britsh leagues.

Just a theory Ben and even you can see it.

Look at your transfers this summer:

Dixon - free

Southern - free

Lynch - free

Norwood - free

Gerrard - 300k

Clayton - 500k

Scannell - ?

I don't think you have the cash to go splashing on 2million + rated players, i know your chairman has done wonders for you guys and supported with buys like arfield in the past BUT Russell,Rhodes and Vaughn in the same team ???

Personally i think Rhodes is very over priced, we are playing games to get him to kick off because we both know that if he does he will come or ask for a 20k contract which you guys can't afford to do without half your team wanting a new deal.

We will see on Friday, what we both end up with but i think if you had the cash to buy the likes of Russell you would have done so by now. I ve read allot of your players coming out over the last week praising your chairmen and Graysons plea for him to stay... Sounding desperately to hang on to him as if hes already wanting out.

Read the secret footballer book and read how transfers work. Rovers or an agent working for the club would have contacted Lambert before releasing this information to the press. All clubs do it.

I don't think we will sign him but I imagine Lambert might be open to the move if the pay is high enough. Lambert signed for the saints in league 1. I guess his pay packet will not be that high compared to most premier league strikers. He also only has one big move left I his career.

So it's win win then, Lambert wants a new deal at Saints, and Rovers want to make it look like we are after proven strikers.

How many times have we been down this path before, there's very little in the way of quality signed in panic buying at the end of the transfer window.

Chopra at ipswich?

Under the impression Russell is wanted by Everton, if so Huddersfield have no chance of signing him.

Under the impression Russell is wanted by Everton, if so Huddersfield have no chance of signing him.

Agreed.

It is one of those where we have an interest but I know nothing more than that.

Nothing from Grayson or the Town end has been 'leaked, about the potential Dundee Utd signings and so presume it must be coming from Dundee or agents.

The ever dependable Nixon ( I wish I'd never become aware of him as he spouts rubbish but it is strangely addictive to read his twits, a bit like carcrash tv or Crack coccaine... he does love suckering people in with tantalizing nonsense). suggests that Dundee Utd would like to sell and value him at 2 million. It is quite possible that they are dropping a few names and figures to flush out interested parties and drive the price upto 2 million. It's Nixon though so I attach little value to the info.

I am trying to think of other options (non-Portuguese) that blackburn could go for. Anyone at Crystal palace as they are strapped for cash and had a good team last year? N.B. I've just taken a look at Wilbraham looked decent enough when he was at MK Dons.

I was going to suggest Lee Barnard at Southampton but I've just checked and he is out on loan to Bournemouth until January. He was a decent striker who led the line well, was excellent at southend and decent at Southampton.

possibly Craig Makail-smith at Brighton. Could be difficult though as they have lots of money backing them although I think he could possibly be tempted.

Can't think of any others of the top of my head who could do a job for you and are avaialable/willing to move etc.

I feel like I am scouting for Steve Kean here. alas I can't speak Portuguese!

All the best

Ben

I am trying to think of other options (non-Portuguese) that blackburn could go for.

QPR haven't given squad numbers to Jay Bothroyd, Rob Hulse or DJ Campbell.

We should be banging on their door trying to get any of those on loan. I'd want them in that order of preference too.

QPR haven't given squad numbers to Jay Bothroyd, Rob Hulse or DJ Campbell.

We should be banging on their door trying to get any of those on loan. I'd want them in that order of preference too.

Of those Rob Hulse would be excellent in this division as he has proved previously. It all depends on what sort of shape he is in. If he is fit then he'd be an excellent buy for you. He'll want pretty bid wages though and you'll need to check that he still has running in his legs.

Jay boothroyd, if he is in the mood is a handful, but to inconsistent and DJ Campbell still not good enough and lives off that cu performance for Brentford. Seems a nice lad but is limited.

I also think that it will still happen. Getting other names out makes 1. Rhodes get unsettled thinking that we have moved on and he can force a move, 2. The other player mentioned seems to be in in demand and can get more money for himself at the club he is already at. Agents playing the game.

Of those Rob Hulse would be excellent in this division as he has proved previously. It all depends on what sort of shape he is in. If he is fit then he'd be an excellent buy for you. He'll want pretty bid wages though and you'll need to check that he still has running in his legs.

Jay boothroyd, if he is in the mood is a handful, but to inconsistent and DJ Campbell still not good enough and lives off that cu performance for Brentford. Seems a nice lad but is limited.

For Rovers Hulse would be a real leader of the line, a real handful but he is 32 and he will be going backwards now, if he is fit, a 1 or 2 year contract at most but Billy Sharp is the stand out candidate for me!!

Bothroyd could be really good at Cardiff but he was just inconsistent, not on a game-to-game basis, more not playing well for weeks/months at a time......I'd take him on loan for 6 months definitely.....tell him he needs to perform to get a permanent deal and to keep his place in the side......would probably take the others too on deadline day if we couldn't get Rhodes for 6 million or Sharp, Kenwyne Jones or someone else decent for this level.

Archived