BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rickie Lambert and Luke Moore

chaddyrovers

why are people obsessed with santa cruz? he has had one good season in his career, why not bring back benni mccarthy while we are at it?

I think he played 30 odd games for Betis last season so his fitness levels are probably better than the last time he was here when he couldn't even jog to a through ball against West Ham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YkCe__erjY&feature=related - Scored against Barcelona at the Nou Camp last season so he still has something. He has said he wants to stay in the North West too so as a loan he would be a good option. More chance of this happening than Rickie Lambert imo.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lambert - even if Southampton would sell and he would come would be poor business. Going on 31 with only 1 season (I think) @ championship or above, he would cost big money and come on a 3 or 4 year contract. Murphy, Etuhu, Gomes, the list would get bigger of overpaid liabilities who would be less than useful even if we did get promoted.

Moore - a journeyman. Would prefer Goodie, Ruben any day.

RSC - are some folk being serious, "if he can stay fit" - highly unlikely, look at his record and no doubt would cost us a fortune.

It's all very simple, if you want a player, put the feckin dosh on the table (Rhodes) - it's the only way if you want something that someone is reluctant to sell.. Absolutely ridiculous, to be blunt, I think we've p1ssed about for 3 to 4 weeks and never has the old p1ss-up in a brewery saying been more apt.

Must admit I am worried about the prospect of these two signings - much for the reasons you have stated.

When Shebby allegedly blocked other deals I thought he must have a decent quality of striker lined - sorry this just doesn't do it for me.

Be interested as to what Glenn thinks - as he seems to be in regular contact with Shebby.

why are people obsessed with santa cruz? he has had one good season in his career, why not bring back benni mccarthy while we are at it?

Because at a lower level he'd have more space and would probably score quite a few goals IF he could stay fit. Note the big if.

Luke Moore is dog sh!t, no thanks....Id rather take Connor Wickham over him, any day of the week.

Personally id go to Stoke and say here you take NZonzi on loan, we will have Kenwyne Jones on loan.... that guy would be a massive player for us in the championship.

Luke Moore is dog sh!t, no thanks....Id rather take Connor Wickham over him, any day of the week.

Personally id go to Stoke and say here you take NZonzi on loan, we will have Kenwyne Jones on loan.... that guy would be a massive player for us in the championship.

Good call. Would terrorise Championship defences.

Kenwyne Jones in my opinion is hit or miss and a sulker, we dont need those types, he can be a handful but which Jones turns up is anyones guess!

• Moderation Lead

Quite the climbdown from Rhodes.......Nicky Maynard or Billy Sharp would be decent shouts IMO, both not doing much at their respective clubs after helping them to promotion- have a word!!!

Quite the climbdown from Rhodes.......Nicky Maynard or Billy Sharp would be decent shouts IMO, both not doing much at their respective clubs after helping them to promotion- have a word!!!

I think if rovers went for billy sharp they would get him. He wants to come back up north.

I think if rovers went for billy sharp they would get him. He wants to come back up north.

We should at least investigate this possibility if we haven't. If it's do-able, probably the best value signing we could make.

4 million plus big wages for Lambert would be a total waste of money, if it's even realistic.

but he isnt really the player he was when he first went to rovers, maybe he is more suited to spanish football

I agree he isn't the player he was but going off what I've seen so far in terms of the Championship it is slower paced, less intense, defences are weaker and there is much more time on the ball - surely that would suit Roque and his style.

I agree he isn't the player he was but going off what I've seen so far in terms of the Championship it is slower paced, less intense, defences are weaker and there is much more time on the ball - surely that would suit Roque and his style.

It isn't about which div he's playing in. A fit RSC could play in any division.

Good call. Would terrorise Championship defences.

I think so too - he would score for fun with his head, would hold up the ball well for the team, and also would allow us to link up the play with whoever is behind him, i.e. Rochina or whoever

Archived