BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rickie Lambert and Luke Moore

chaddyrovers

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure we looked at Lambert a couple of years ago when southampton were in league 1.

Decent signing but can't see them selling. More chance of getting Sharp.

Feel the same, no chance of getting Lambert, we should target Billy Sharp who we would have a chance of getting and he is a very decent player. Luke Moore - no thank you.

Really not sure what the thinking process is with either of these two players. Moore we could easily do a deal for but he is a worse player than cox that's for sure.

Lambert...really? Are they having a laugh? Just bring in someone realistic pls, he no longer falls into that bracket.

Considering Southampton aren't short of a bob or two, this surely must be seen as another pointless pursuit designed to appease the fans. I cannot see any circumstance where Lambert would give up a life times work to get to the top level, just to pack it all in to sign for Rovers. Luke Moore isn't what we need. I'd sooner we look at RSC on loan than pursue unattainable targets like Lambert or useless no marks like Moore. And i don't even want RSC!!!

Yep. RSC had a decent season in Spain last season. Would do very very well at this level.

However I don't know why we're all talking about these different players. Glen clearly stated that we are only after Rhodes and Guidetti and nobody else. I'm sure none of the 'glenites' can comprehend him being wrong ;)

'glenites'

Mullateens?

The correct term is Mullanrices. They come in different flavours.

Anyhow, this smacks of another attempt to curry favour by trying to linked with a striker most would welcome, but has little chance of ever signing. Seems to be a well worn tactic that grew stale 18 months ago.

If we're looking for people who arnt getting a game at Swansea is rather us go for the lad dobbie. He was great for Blackpool and a much. Better option than Moore. Edinho showed yesterday how much we need to add strikers. He is way below what is needed

Lambert - even if Southampton would sell and he would come would be poor business. Going on 31 with only 1 season (I think) @ championship or above, he would cost big money and come on a 3 or 4 year contract. Murphy, Etuhu, Gomes, the list would get bigger of overpaid liabilities who would be less than useful even if we did get promoted.

Moore - a journeyman. Would prefer Goodie, Ruben any day.

RSC - are some folk being serious, "if he can stay fit" - highly unlikely, look at his record and no doubt would cost us a fortune.

It's all very simple, if you want a player, put the feckin dosh on the table (Rhodes) - it's the only way if you want something that someone is reluctant to sell.. Absolutely ridiculous, to be blunt, I think we've p1ssed about for 3 to 4 weeks and never has the old p1ss-up in a brewery saying been more apt.

Archived