BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan 'Nicko' Nixon

Hasta

I remember years ago on here there was a Nicko topic completely slating him. A few years later he reached almost cult status with people hanging on his every word, 11 o'clockers etc.

He's your typical journo doing his job, there's better out there, many worse too.

As far as I'm concerned he still gives some decent info, and some garbage.

No point being bitter, I would welcome him back here, beats BRAG and Glens circus act any day of the week.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember years ago on here there was a Nicko topic completely slating him. A few years later he reached almost cult status with people hanging on his every word, 11 o'clockers etc.

That's because he used to be very well connected around the time he was doing the 11 o'clockers, mainly around the Allardyce era. He broke transfers like the Di Santo one long before it appeared anywhere else, for example.

As soon as the Ewood regime changed he seemed to lose whatever source was feeding him stuff before most other people were getting hold of it.

That's because he used to be very well connected around the time he was doing the 11 o'clockers, mainly around the Allardyce era. He broke transfers like the Di Santo one long before it appeared anywhere else, for example.

As soon as the Ewood regime changed he seemed to lose whatever source was feeding him stuff before most other people were getting hold of it.

In fairness that's more the fault of the shambolic regime at present, there's very few 'sources' with any credibility. He's still a decent chap and doesn't love himself or his own name being mentioned as much as G**n M****n

As for Alan Nixon, I know he and Glen Mullan are not the best of friends at all but his information is mostly very accurate, even now.

I, for one, value Alan Nixon's input as he is never far from the truth whether you like him or agree with him or not any.

Some accurate info will have been gained by doing a job on us at the Fat Controllers bidding. You scratch my back etc. Apart from that and similar stuff gleaned in the same way from within the business one could toss a coin and have as much accuracy as Nicko.

I always wondered what he was getting out of sharing info on the messageboard of a team he didn't even support.

Other than feeding his ego obviously.

Two-way street K-Hod.

I expect half of his Rovers stories came from sources/leads on this board. He wouldn't have been on here otherwise. I think he probably grew fond the mb after a while but I don't think he particularly cared about his army of Nickophiles.

A load of Action Group / t'other Glen nonsense move the the BRFCAG thread (apologise if a few Nixon related comments went that way too), it seems that every thread is turning into a discussion about them, it's as bad as Vinjay on his Walkers crusade. Stop it!

Archived