BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan 'Nicko' Nixon

Hasta

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How far are the leaders of the action groups going to go with things? That's not an attack, just interested.

Firstly, the group doesn't have leaders. It has an elected committee.

We are a democratically elected supporters group and we have committee meetings every week which are minuted, we have 2/3 meetings per week with various bodies throughout the borough. We have constant dialogue with our overseas branches as we believe all supporters are equal.

We are currently heavily in community work and have many initiatives planned with both the club and the council and are constantly introducing key club officials to various town figureheads and others to try and grow the fractured relationship between the club, supporters and community.

Our first initiative this weekend just gone where we provided the opportunity for 45 deserving children to attend the home match with Wolverhampton was a huge success. This initiative was born within the group, we then worked with Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, Blackburn Rovers community trust, Blackburn Rovers supporter liaisons, Blackburn with Darwen Children Services, The Mayor of Blackburn with Darwen and we provided a day of activities including a ground tour, a half time penalty shoot-out, refreshments and the chance to meet Rovers star Leon Best and it was a day these children thoroughly enjoyed and a day they will cherish for a very long time.

In the coming weeks we will provide children with a trip to Blackpool illuminations, this will be funded by the BRFC Action Group, we have provided 45 pantomime tickets for King Georges Hall which will run in conjunction with a childrens christmas party which is also heavily funded by the group, which will take place in December.

The group continues to provide affordable travel for supporters of Blackburn Rovers to away games, we continue to have open dialogue with the club which is always minuted and supporters are always invited to send their concerns and questions to the group for them to be aired in this meeting. We have regular open floor meetings to report back to our members and the group has members across almost all smaller supporter groups in existence.

How far we will go? the only aspiration of this group is to improve the links which have broken and to continue to be exactly what we are, a democratic supporters group which represents its members.

Everything said from a personal profile is personal opinion, anything official from the group will be done via the official website or twitter account.

Do Ste or Glenn etc need to write "this is not the fans forum opinion" every time they post?

They do not need to do so. They are not representing any particular group.

But for clarification, maybe a good idea for you to consider doing so. Not everybody on here goes to the action group website.

They do not need to do so. They are not representing any particular group.

But for clarification, maybe a good idea for you to consider doing so. Not everybody on here goes to the action group website.

We should not need to? These profiles are personal profiles and therefore are personal opinions.

Paul represents the supporters trust and i am sure he will agree that his posts are personal ones and not official trust ones.

We are a democratically elected supporters group and we have committee meetings every week which are minuted, we have 2/3 meetings per week with various bodies throughout the borough. We have constant dialogue with our overseas branches as we believe all supporters are equal.

We are currently heavily in community work and have many initiatives planned with both the club and the council and are constantly introducing key club officials to various town figureheads and others to try and grow the fractured relationship between the club, supporters and community.

Our first initiative this weekend just gone where we provided the opportunity for 45 deserving children to attend the home match with Wolverhampton was a huge success. This initiative was born within the group, we then worked with Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, Blackburn Rovers community trust, Blackburn Rovers supporter liaisons, Blackburn with Darwen Children Services, The Mayor of Blackburn with Darwen and we provided a day of activities including a ground tour, a half time penalty shoot-out, refreshments and the chance to meet Rovers star Leon Best and it was a day these children thoroughly enjoyed and a day they will cherish for a very long time.

In the coming weeks we will provide children with a trip to Blackpool illuminations, this will be funded by the BRFC Action Group, we have provided 45 pantomime tickets for King Georges Hall which will run in conjunction with a childrens christmas party which is also heavily funded by the group, which will take place in December.

The group continues to provide affordable travel for supporters of Blackburn Rovers to away games, we continue to have open dialogue with the club which is always minuted and supporters are always invited to send their concerns and questions to the group for them to be aired in this meeting. We have regular open floor meetings to report back to our members and the group has members across almost all smaller supporter groups in existence.

How far we will go? the only aspiration of this group is to improve the links which have broken and to continue to be exactly what we are, a democratic supporters group which represents its members.

All sounds well and good to me.

I'm presuming you don't try to influence footballing decisions then? I mean, asking what is happening is fine of course, it's natural as a fan to want to know, but I presume you don't demand answers regarding specific footballing matters relating to players and management. Especially at the moment, when it's obvious that it would not be wise for the board to share their employing secrets as that may jeopardise success in the hunt for a new manager if it fell into the wrong hands.

We should not need to? These profiles are personal profiles and therefore are personal opinions.

Paul represents the supporters trust and i am sure he will agree that his posts are personal ones and not official trust ones.

Perhaps you and Glen could change your profile pics.

All sounds well and good to me.

I'm presuming you don't try to influence footballing decisions then? I mean, asking what is happening is fine of course, it's natural as a fan to want to know, but I presume you don't demand answers regarding specific footballing matters relating to players and management. Especially at the moment, when it's obvious that it would not be wise for the board to share their employing secrets as that may jeopardise success in the hunt for a new manager if it fell into the wrong hands.

No we don't. The extent of the managerial vacancy at the meeting was, we asked how long it could be before a manager was appointed, the answer was given that it would be hopeful it could happen before the Derby County match but that was not a definitive time scale. We then asked for clarification on who would be selecting the new manager, Shebby told us that he would be putting forward his recommendation to the owners and the owners would appoint the manager, he proceeded to tell us the profile of which he believed the new manager should fit, in his opinion and we certainly did not discuss names of who should or should not get the job in any shape or form.

No we don't. The extent of the managerial vacancy at the meeting was, we asked how long it could be before a manager was appointed, the answer was given that it would be hopeful it could happen before the Derby County match but that was not a definitive time scale. We then asked for clarification on who would be selecting the new manager, Shebby told us that he would be putting forward his recommendation to the owners and the owners would appoint the manager, he proceeded to tell us the profile of which he believed the new manager should fit, in his opinion and we certainly did not discuss names of who should or should not get the job in any shape or form.

Once again, sounds good to me.

Everything said from a personal profile is personal opinion, anything official from the group will be done via the official website or twitter account.

Do Ste or Glenn etc need to write "this is not the fans forum opinion" every time they post?

No, as the people on the FF all have different opinions, so anybody who is a member isnt stating the opinion of the group only themselves.

The difficulty any of us get after speaking to those at the club is when we post anywhere afterwards that people may take what we have said to be fact and not opinion. Even if you make it clear its just opinion, as you've seen people can still twist it to make a story. Its why sometimes the FF minutes appear brief as John Williams was always keen to keep the full details away from the prying eyes of the press. It would end up minuted not much differently from what Mark has put above tbf

Please leave me out of this discussion. I have no opinion on it. Thanks.

How do you fund these activities? Member fees? Donations? If the latter, where are these made?

How do you fund these activities? Member fees? Donations? If the latter, where are these made?

Membership is free, Our membership packs are currently at the printers along with our membership cards, These were funded by selling advertising space on the folders which will be sent out.

Postage ect is funded by things like football cards,

Things such as printing , travelling cost etc come out of our own pockets.

Activites are funded through T-Shirt, Cup, Bands, Magnets and various other merchandise. We also get quite small donations through our paypal and group bank account, from members/individuals.

Our away travel is run pretty much at cost and any profit is ploughed back into the group for community activites.

We also until recently ran a weekly bonus ball competition , this has now been replaced with lottery bingo.

So all in all everything which comes in, goes back out to the community

Maybe helpful to state at the time of posting, that this is MY opinion and not that of the group. Then things not likely to get mixed up.

Why don't you set up a group to monitor & moderate the other groups?

You could then be a groupie.

Why don't you set up a group to monitor & moderate the other groups?

You could then be a groupie.

ever since his wife had a problem with a brag member, he hasnt stopped trying to twist and turn everything about brag, in to something negative. His agenda is as obvious as keans shortcomings as a manager. Its getting predictabe and tiresome.

We are a democratically elected supporters group and we have committee meetings every week which are minuted, we have 2/3 meetings per week with various bodies throughout the borough. We have constant dialogue with our overseas branches as we believe all supporters are equal...

...How far we will go? the only aspiration of this group is to improve the links which have broken and to continue to be exactly what we are, a democratic supporters group which represents its members.

This reads very much like a BRAG statement, yet it comes from your personal profile. In my opinion, it's not only the general public who fail to maintain the distinction between individual and group statements. BRAG representatives are more guilty of this than anyone.

While statements like the one above are being issued the identity lines will continue to be blurred and the confusion will follow.

This reads very much like a BRAG statement, yet it comes from your personal profile. In my opinion, it's not only the general public who fail to maintain the distinction between individual and group statements. BRAG representatives are more guilty of this than anyone.

While statements like the one above are being issued the identity lines will continue to be blurred and the confusion will follow.

The difference here is, this was not a statement or an opinion, this was a direct answer to a direct question asked to committee members about the BRFC Action Group.

If i come along and make a post about who i think should be the new manager, then that is "Mark wants such a person", not "The Action Group wants such a person"

If i come along and say i back something, then i back it, this doesn't mean the group does....

ever since his wife had a problem with a brag member, he hasnt stopped trying to twist and turn everything about brag, in to something negative. His agenda is as obvious as keans shortcomings as a manager. Its getting predictabe and tiresome.

Not completely correct - this was dealt with off the messageboard.

Today is another issue. Which will also be dealt with.

Archived