SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby, get Harry Potter now, we need a wizard

yoda

222 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if we appointed Harry Redknapp

• Yes
    • No

Suprised you wrote that Yoda. We've hopefully just got shot of the influence of one bent cockney spiv.... we surely don't want another!!

Just trying to narrow the field to one choice, maybe then the recruitment team might be able to make a decision,

managing by committee never works

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know as well as the rest of us the Redknapp would galvanise our players and help us to attract quality in January.

Even though there's no chance of him coming, sour grapes don't become you...!

imo Redknap was the start of Pompeys demise when he held them to ransom re:the Newcastle job. They paid him a fortune and spent big on the team as a condition of his continued employment..... and the rest unfortunately for Pompey fans is history.

imo Redknap was the start of Pompeys demise when he held them to ransom re:the Newcastle job. They paid him a fortune and spent big on the team as a condition of his continued employment..... and the rest unfortunately for Pompey fans is history.

If we are already going to hell in a handcart anyway, we may as well win the FA Cup in my lifetime first...

Will not bringing in Redknapp prevent a financial meltdown? Or not getting promoted?

(All a moot point, of course!)

Too many hands in the honey pot. Even the chief executive was earning a 'win bonus' for their success on the pitch.

Will be shocked if this happens - I'm sure his agent will just be using us.

Why? Because if he hangs on for 3 months max, he will have a prem job - Also he loves the south coast

As for Nicko - stuff like £50m budgets, with the way our owners were chopping and changing their minds back then, it could well have been correct when he reported it. His info is still very good!

Delusional blue eyed gullible and very easily led.

all over the news getting my hopes up, but let's be realistic here

he isn't going to move up north, i'd be surprised if he even went back to north london

we probably can't afford him

he won't want to drop down to championship, nor should he have to

queens park likely will be without a manager soon, harry would obviously prefer to manage them

You only changed the title recently. Anyway, if you wanted a magician called Harry surely the obvious choice would be Harry Houdini.

if we were in the relegation places yes, I changed it today when I read your post :D

But the reality.

...is what? Not being rude but how can Rovers fail massively if the demands were unreasonable or clearly beyond Rovers means? (but I guess that doesn't fit in with the whole theory of how Rovers are being run does it?)

Venky's and SS might be clownish but at least Shaw seems to have a modicum of sense.

Negative post? Not like you.

Not a negative post Braddock - a fairly accurate one.

Point 1 - It only ended up being perceived as a publicity stunt because it didnt happen

Point 2 - There was more than a general sounding out by the Redknapp camp, he wanted the job. SS ballsed it up, massively.

Not a negative post Braddock - a fairly accurate one.

Point 1 - It only ended up being perceived as a publicity stunt because it didnt happen

Point 2 - There was more than a general sounding out by the Redknapp camp, he wanted the job. SS ballsed it up, massively.

On point two Rednkapp said on SSN that the job wasn't for him. I read into that comment that once he found out we couldn't pay him a Kings Ransom he changed his mind and said that the job wasn't for him. I really think we dodged a bullet by him not coming.

Archived