BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we will see many clubs (at least the ones with fully functioning Supporters Trusts) have their grounds subjected to an ACV application in the near future.

Its a sorry sign of the times that these ACV's need to be considered, I think Spirit of Shankley fans group did similar back in March /April with Anfield.

The application is currently with BwD council. We appear to have caught them on the back foot, as they had not really formulated a policy for such an application when we submitted it.

I find that particularly hard to believe :blink:

Not sure where to post this, but it`s a documentary on FC United Of Manchester. Some of the Manc hyperbole sticks in the craw a bit, but if you can see past that some of the points made about modern football and The Premier League etc are heard at many clubs now, and are entirely valid.

They have achieved a lot in a short space of time, showing what can be achieved by supporters who want to take control of their own destiny. In their case they have started a new club from scratch, which is not what Rovers Trust is about at all, but who knows what the future holds for all our clubs?

Last season Rovers Trust sponsored Leon Best-you know where in return for paying the club a lump sum, our name is on the screen, in the program etc etc.

This year we are sponsoring Alan Judge. For a bit of fun we have today agreed a wager with the Action Group-As they are sponsoring Grant Hanley, the bet is the group whose player scores the least league goals this season has to pay £100 to the charity of the others choice.

C`mon Judgey!!!

Must read the trust documentation again . Surely an expense such as sponsoring a player is a matter of consultation and agreement with the trust membership or have I got the basis of a trust membership wrong?

Don't get me wrong not against the idea but surely something like this which incurs a considerable cost outgoing from the Trust and therefore its members funds should be reached in consultation and agreement with its membership

Anyway as your in a charitable mood I will give 50 GBP to the charity of the trusts choosing if you get rid of that bloody stupid toy with a cape roger the rat or whatever it's called and it's embarrassing facebook page .

The amounts involved were very affordable, and we negotiated a good deal on them! The money used was from funds previously generated in other areas, and not from membership fees. Any residual money left from membership fees after costs goes into the running of the Trust.

Edit-You Mean Ronnie The Raccoon?

923351_178462095645686_1095298616_n.jpg

The amounts involved were very affordable, and we negotiated a good deal on them! The money used was from funds previously generated in other areas, and not from membership fees. Any residual money left from membership fees after costs goes into the running of the Trust.

I'm sure it was a good deal but let me get this right, a member of the trust does not need to be consulted about anything that does not involve income from funds generated by membership fees ?.

Sorry if it seems I'm being pedantic but trying to find where the line falls in relation to when the Trust membership is consulted. Agree not all minor decisions need this hence an appointed committee

The first sponsorship deal was done last November, when we had a small steering group, just after the official launch. We were offered a fantastic deal on the day of the Millwall game and took a decision there and then-there was nobody else really to consult. When the deal of Best finished, we were offered the opportunity to do it again for this season. The decision was made by the recently elected board to renew-but with Judge, and not Best.

That is the what the board do-make day to day decisions on how to move forward. I am sure you don`t need me to tell you that it would not be practical to have a members vote every time a decision has to be made. The board, and both Wayne and I as co chairs have been empowered to take these decisions on behalf of the membership. Ultimately if members think that we are making bad choices, they have the power to vote us off at the elections.

Not a case of if members think you are making bad choices and as mentioned in my previous post yes I do understand electing a committee and the work involved and what that entails, I am just trying to understand where the line is drawn before it becomes an issue that members of the Trust are consulted.

Anyway Ozz thanks for taking the time to answer, and appreciate the trust is as transparent in its workings as it can be

Anyway as your in a charitable mood I will give 50 GBP to the charity of the trusts choosing if you get rid of that bloody stupid toy with a cape roger the rat or whatever it's called and it's embarrassing facebook page .

Please forward your proposal to Jen our marketing officer, Twitter name @EricBlueMonster ! Sure will help!

Not a case of if members think you are making bad choices and as mentioned in my previous post yes I do understand electing a committee, I am just trying to understand where the line is drawn before it becomes an issue that members of the Trust are consulted.

That is a decision that ultimately lies with Wayne and I.

Ronnie is a marketing tool, mainly to try and engage the younger fans. There is currently an around the world campaign, where members are invited to send in photos of themselves in Rovers tops in different places around the globe.

See link ROUND THE WORLD

Having a mascot is a good idea, but why a raccoon? What's the connection with Rovers, apart from the letter 'R'?

Also, playing devil's advocate for a second, isn't there an unsavoury history around that term?

The Rovers Trust stall will be back in The Mall again this Saturday, next to Country Larder in Victoria Court. You will be able to sign up for membership and buy a retro shirt, wristband etc. The shirts are currently on offer at just £19.99 too. Hope to see some new faces down there.

Our last communication to the council was sent 23rd July, which clarified what we (and most normal people) consider to be Ewood Park. We have yet to receive a reply.

We have never received a reply/response from Mrs Desai regarding the presentation either.

I am currently working on a few new ideas for recruitment drives, which require manpower help-If anyone is interested in volunteering to assist us in these please send me a DM here or email at oliver.jones@roverstrust.co.uk . Thanks

Hows the ACV application going?

[\quote]

Further to Ozz's post I had to submit a 1:1250 scale OS map a couple of weeks back defining the boundaries etc. and further clarifying what is Ewood Park. So for example BRIC and Roverstore are not included in our application despite Roverstore being within the boundaries of Ewood. BRIC is outside. BwD also asked if the Community Trust offices in the DE stand were included.?

Our submission is on the basis anything physically located within the stadium constitutes the whole of Ewood Park and the individual elements for example Blues or the Ticket Office should be considered integral to the ground.

Anfield became an ACV this week

The Rovers Trust AGM will be held on Monday October 21st at Darwen FC clubhouse.

The meeting will be in two parts, the first covering the legal and constitutional requirements, when members can vote on the structure and rules on which the Trust operates. We will also be presenting the year end accounts. The second half is an opportunity for members to raise questions or comments on how the Trust operates.

As the Co-Chairman of the Trust, I would like to ask here that if anyone is interested in becoming active in helping the Trust (as a volunteer) this would be a great opportunity to make yourself known to us and tell us what time you could spare etc with our many and varied projects.

Archived