BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

how will Chariman/Club's Directors and manager be appoint under the Rovers Trust ownership???

Think this will have been mentioned somewhere, either on their site, or at the beginning of the thread presumably.

I recall some talk on elections- or there is a podcast somewhere!

how will Chariman/Club's Directors and manager be appoint under the Rovers Trust ownership???

If Rovers Trust were in a position to appoint directors to the board of the club it would be a case of seeking out the most highly qualified, experienced, and respected professionals within the game possible within the means of the club's position and finances. This search would be conducted by the elected officers of the Trust, and the directors appointed would be directly answerable to the Trust and all of its members, which at that point we would hope would be a very sizable proportion of the supporter base.

These directors would have the authority to run the club, and appoint a first team manager and staff, work with them to target playing staff, etc. given criteria as set forth by the majority owners, which in your hypothetical scenario would be the Rovers Trust and its members.

The elected board of the Rovers Trust would never have the running of the club directly, or make appointments of personnel answerable to the Board of Directors of the club directly except in the most dire of worst case scenario circumstances, or unless the membership of the Trust passed an extraordinary resolution ordering it to be so.

This has always been the stance of the Rovers Trust.

There is a danger here of confusing two different points, so:

The Trust have always said the club should be run by professional football people and our position would be no different from that of the Walker Trust. Advice would be taken from many sources and football people would be appointed to run the club. The Walker Trust did not run Rovers but handed the day to day responsibility to John Williams, Tom Finn and the board. None of us pretend to have the skills to run a football club.

The Trust would have a representative(s) on the board of directors and, if the club was 100% owned by the Trust, would expect the management team to run the club according to the Trust's, and therefore the fans, wishes. Any Trust representative (director) would have to be appointed by the Trust and be elected by the Trust membership. It is more likely though the Trust will achieve a percentage ownership in which case the next answer would apply.

Think this will have been mentioned somewhere, either on their site, or at the beginning of the thread presumably.

I recall some talk on elections- or there is a podcast somewhere!

The elections which are currently referred to, and currently taking place to be concluded on May 15th, are for the first Trust committee. Currently we are an unelected Steering Group. Constitutionaly the Trust is required to hold an EGM and elections within 12 months of the formal launch, November 2012, to be a legally constituted committee. After this first election there will be annual elections at which any nominated member, including existing committee members, can stand for election.

As regards the club board, the procedure at other clubs is for the Trust to have a "Supporters Director" on the board who represents the views of the trust membership at director level. That individual would usually be elected from and by the trust membership

Just listening to your spokesman on the radio .. Please inform him that not all fans will forgive the venkyscum . Personally I will hate , never forgive and never forget what they have done .

I think you should stand for election as the Trust's Liaison Officer with Venky's ;-)

Thanks for listening Sparky! ;)

Don't want you getting like that Mullan and Fish... ;)

God, they must be sick of the sight of you lot....talk about stealing someone's thunder...BRAG are surely a waste of time now, considering the Trust is now seen as the fans mouthpiece...and quite right too, far more intelligence and coherence.

Don't want you getting like that Mullan and Fish... ;)

God, they must be sick of the sight of you lot....talk about stealing someone's thunder...BRAG are surely a waste of time now, considering the Trust is now seen as the fans mouthpiece...and quite right too, far more intelligence and coherence.

I don't know any fans who see the Trust as their mouthpiece and I'm not sure that's how the Trust perceives itself

• Backroom

I don't know any fans who see the Trust as their mouthpiece and I'm not sure that's how the Trust perceives itself

Voice of the fans as a shareholder is near enough ain't it?

• Backroom

Unrelated but will fans that honour their pledge be shareholders of the football club or shareholders of the Trust?

I assume, the trust. A share in the trust will give you a voice in terms of how the trust operates and decisions it makes. Being a member of the Trust (without pledge) gives you a voice to be passed on to the club.

My understanding is, if you honour your pledge to the trust, allowing the Trust to purchase shares in BRFC plc, makes you a De Facto share holder in BRFC plc. The Trust structure allows it to hold shares on behalf of its members.

Happy to be corrected if wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

A reminder to Trust members that the EGM to elect Board members is next Wednesday at AFC Darwen's Anchor ground at 7pm. All members are welcome to attend. If you were a member by 31st March 2013 and are over 18 you will be able to cast your vote if you have not already done so either online or by post. If you're not a member but interested in joining you can also come along and join on the night. If you're planning to come please drop me a pm.

If you can't come but still want to vote you can do this before Wednesday by visiting the Trust website at www.roverstrust.com and logging on.

Surely brag should have now balloted their members to see if they should support the trust, apologies if I've missed it but has it happened yet? Seems like some serious delaying tactics if it hasn't happened.

I will have a couple of the Retro Replica Rovers Trust shirts with me if anyone wants to buy one, from 7pm! :tu:

Are there any plans to make a short sleeved version. Might be an idea with summer hols looming?

Archived