BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Apologies if I was unclear.

It doesn't matter how we communicate so long as a dialogue is ongoing - in writing, verbally, through third parties, we are doing them all and it's whatever it takes.

Several members of the steering group are involved in the dialogue and the process, if that's what you meant?

Obviously, we are doing this on behalf of our members, yes, but if anything comes of it we hope it will be of benefit to the club and the wider fanbase, members of the Rovers Trust or not.

Oops! Our replies crossed there, Paul.

With respect, and trust me I do respect what the Trust are trying to do, I disagree with the bit in bold.

It does matter who the dialogue is with, particularly if information is passed second hand through third parties at the club. It is a big leap (for me) to believe that all of a sudden, people who have stood by and watched the vandalism of our club (and helped) suddenly have less than self-interest at heart.

At a 'normal club' dialogue should absolutely take place via the board but I have no confidence at all our our board at this time.

If the Trust was discussed last week - during the week when it was imperitive that Gary Bowyer has dragged across the world to get a pat on the back - then it's a start but I'm more than a little wary of the agenda. I feel I am entitled to be so. The idea of Venkys allowing the Trust to have a percentage-ownership of the club, and position on the board, seems like a distant pipedream - with something exotic in the pipe.

That said, it's the first positive noises the Trust have had for a while and I hope my cynicism is misplaced. Keep up the good work, I sincerely hope it pays off.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not having a go at anyone but say dialogue occurs and money from the trust goes into a share of the club ,how ? Honestly can you actually trust anyone from the family or shaw n Agnew or even shebby.

I personally wouldn't trust any of this lot to boil an egg for me or buy a paper for me .

In fact is rather trust a burnley fan more .

Like I say not having a go just asking .

Abbey if the Trust is able to buy shares in the club this money would be paid to the shareholders, that is Venkys London limited. Ultimately if course that goes to the family

Whatever views people may hold of the Raos this is how the purchase would have to be made.

There isn't a question of trust involved. A price us agreed, money is paid and share certificates handed to the Trust.

Abbey if the Trust is able to buy shares in the club this money would be paid to the shareholders, that is Venkys London limited. Ultimately if course that goes to the family

Whatever views people may hold of the Raos this is how the purchase would have to be made.

There isn't a question of trust involved. A price us agreed, money is paid and share certificates handed to the Trust.

I will be honest I won't hand a penny over if it means getting in bed with them . Morally for me I couldn't do it . Yes I know I buy a season ticket but that is alls they get from me.

Appreciate the stance of you guys who are questioning the motivation of this, and the timing. Rovers Trust is taking this one very small step at a time, and are not in any way leaping to assumptions or even expecting a sudden opening up - we are warily and conservatively hopeful that we may be allowed to begin to have a proper dialogue, and this is one of our short-term goals.

When we say that it doesn't matter what form our attempts at opening a dialogue take, we mean that we are covering multiple angles, trying to cover all of our bases, to use a baseball term, so that we can at least hope to ensure that our message gets into the hands of the owners, and that our message did get through is the important thing, not the exact route it took getting there.

Then of course we can have no control over the channels the owners choose to come back to us with if they do at all. Of course it would be an optimal situation to be able to have direct 1 to 1 dialogue - but we will take what we can get until or if we can establish that relationship. Now it appears they have responded and want to know more. We are very happy to have the chance to tell them more.

ABBEY - completely valid concern. Rovers Trust would never blindly throw our members money or any other raised capital at the owners at the first offer of a meaningful shareholding. It has to meet our minimum requirements to ensure that it IS a meaningful shareholding - it could easily be wasted and disastrous effort otherwise.

We are very much aware of the tenuousness of the situation, and are acting accordingly.

It's so difficult to vote one person out of the Rovers Trust elections. All seven of the nominees make very good cases and appear to each have strengths and most importantly a passion for BRFC.

Is there no way a role can be found for the 7th person?

Oh, and no Paul?

It's so difficult to vote one person out of the Rovers Trust elections. All seven of the nominees make very good cases and appear to each have strengths and most importantly a passion for BRFC.

Oh, and no Paul?

When are the elections please Stuart?

Yes we sent the letter to the club and it was taken to India by Derek Shaw on his recent trip. It was also transmitted by email. No we don't have a full transcript of the reply - it was verbal. As I said earlier we have chosen to take this at face value, I'm preparing most of the information. It's my time, it's free, I'll use it as I wish. No other person was harmed in the preparation of this information! :)

There is nothing which we haven't revealed as far as I can recall. I was at the Saturday meeting when it was discussed and I might have missed something. There will be a full statement from the Trust in the very near future.

Thanks for the update Paul. Sounds positive however minor it may appear at first sight.

Oh, and no Paul?

Yes it's going to be a difficult choice

The next 12 months will be crucial for the Trust. My work in horticulture is very seasonal - in a busy year we often work 12-14 hour days, 6 days a week from March to mid June. September and October are equally busy. Add to this I will probably be out of the UK for four weeks at Christmas and you can see I'm not in a position to commit to being an elected committee member. To stand and then not fulfil the commitment would be wrong.

I wanted to stand but felt it better not to, I very much hope to have the opportunity in the future.

The Steering Group know I'll be available to help anyway I can. My not standing doesn't mean I'm any less determined to see the Trust be successful.

I don't go away that easily!!!

Good game tonight!!

When are the elections please Stuart?

It's open now online - if you're a Trust member you should have got an email with a link. You'll need to be logged in.

EDIT: link removed - use the one in your email,

I'm going to sleep on it. It's a tough one.

Shame you aren't able to stand this year Paul, you'd have got my vote! :tu:

Just to add to Stuart's post, you can vote online as he outlines, you can have a postal ballot if you prefer by letting me know or you can turn up at the EGM when the results will be announced and vote there in person (obviously before we finish the count!). Anyone with no online access will get a postal ballot automatically. The EGM will be at AFC Darwen's Anchor ground on Wednesday 15th May.

One final point - you have to be over 18 and have been a Trust member on 31st March 2013 to be eligible to vote.

Just to add to Stuart's post, you can vote online as he outlines, you can have a postal ballot if you prefer by letting me know or you can turn up at the EGM when the results will be announced and vote there in person (obviously before we finish the count!). Anyone with no online access will get a postal ballot automatically. The EGM will be at AFC Darwen's Anchor ground on Wednesday 15th May.

One final point - you have to be over 18 and have been a Trust member on 31st March 2013 to be eligible to vote.

I have emailed you regarding online ballot , I don't appear to have access to it , so cannot lodge any votes .

If others are also having this problem it needs sorting.

As people having 6 online votes each should extend to every member

I have emailed you regarding online ballot , I don't appear to have access to it , so cannot lodge any votes .

It does extend to every member. There has to be a cut off date for who is on the electoral roll (so to speak).

Trust guys, I reset my password tonight. But Im still not able to log in - is there an issue with me, or with the site?!

Are you logged in Glen?

I had to click the link from within the email, log in, and then go back to the email and click the link again. (I was on my phone though).

Are you logged in Glen?

I had to click the link from within the email, log in, and then go back to the email and click the link again. (I was on my phone though).

Yes I'm logged in , been a member for about three months , had my membership pack but it's asking me to become a member of the trust again .

So I can't see who the candidates are , or lodge any votes .

I

Fixed it.

Think it was due to the link posted above.

If I go through the link in my email it works.

Statements read, sometime for reflection required.

Sorry Stu.

I've removed the link from my post to avoid any further confusion.

Glen it is working, I just voted. Can I suggest you try this:

1. Go to the Home Page

2. Log in on the bar top right

3. Go to the email you received regarding the online voting

4. Click the link

5. It will take you straight to the voting section

I'm afraid i don't understand your last sentence - if you can explain it I'll be happy to answer.

Glen it is working, I just voted. Can I suggest you try this:

1. Go to the Home Page

2. Log in on the bar top right

3. Go to the email you received regarding the online voting

4. Click the link

5. It will take you straight to the voting section

I'm afraid i don't understand your last sentence - if you can explain it I'll be happy to answer.

I have tried that , it says you have not registered yet , but I am logged in .

Regarding the 6 votes the email I got states that any person who registered after the 31st march votes won't count .

It also states you can have just 1 vote in person .

Meaning pre march 31st members get 6 votes and if people are like me and can't access the online voting and don't attend the EGM then they don't get to vote at all .

At this stage I could not tell you who the nominees are as I don't have access to that information.

Rather disappointed tbh

I have tried that , it says you have not registered yet , but I am logged in .

Regarding the 6 votes the email I got states that any person who registered after the 31st march votes won't count .

It also states you can have just 1 vote in person .

Meaning pre march 31st members get 6 votes and if people are like me and can't access the online voting and don't attend the EGM then they don't get to vote at all .

At this stage I could not tell you who the nominees are as I don't have access to that information.

Rather disappointed tbh

Glen, you signed up in February using one email address and user name as a full member, and now you've just reregistered yourself as a free subscriber under a different username and email address. I am 100% sure this is why you are having a problem. You probably are logged in under your new free subscriber account, and thus cannot vote.

I will PM you your original username and email address so you can log in.

The deadline for being able to vote in this election has been the 31st of March since the beginning, and this has been in all communication since the announcement of the election.

All members who don't have emails registered with us will be receiving their ballots in the post with clear instructions how to register their 6 votes and where to send them.

Every member who comes to the EGM will get one BALLOT in which they can select up to six nominees for election, and we will also check to make sure they haven't already voted on our membership list.

It does extend to every member. There has to be a cut off date for who is on the electoral roll (so to speak).

Trust guys, I reset my password tonight. But Im still not able to log in - is there an issue with me, or with the site?!

Stuwilky, I saw your password change register for us. Are you still having problems? Email me at my Rovers Trust address and we'll fix you up.

Archived