BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's worth considering now there's a foothold.

I never expected to trust to get any change from Venky's so a gift of a shareholding is a fantastic gesture.

Well done Mr Halstead.

what is the share?....about 0.000001% or something..? Not really worth getting excited is it?

Is it really?

I was sceptical just like you,for me personally now is the time to join with the Trust holding shares and having the ability to have a real say...you form your opinions and make your own decisions.

John,I think the Annual subscription is automatically renewed via Paypal.

It's a positive start and a foot in the door.

Is it really? seems like a good way of getting poor buggers to part with their money to me,.....will there be annual accounts filed by the trust showing where the money has gone?

The Trust is limited company "trading as" Rovers Trust and as such has to publish accounts annually. We are the only supporters group who will be required to do so.

Being a limited company also brings benefits. If the Trust was not a company it would not be able to hold shares on behalf of its members. The other common method of shareholding is as an individual which of course means only that individual is represented.

At this stage the size of the share holding isn't as important as the fact that the trust can now legally attend AGM's ask difficult questions and scrutinise the clubs accounts.

Even more reason to join Rovers Trust.

Is it really? seems like a good way of getting poor buggers to part with their money to me,.....will there be annual accounts filed by the trust showing where the money has gone?

Its an easy and cheap way for you to help ensure that your club has a future. Why so mingy?

Could be said the 0.0001% gives the same rights as 49.9999%. Just less to lose! NOW 50% + 1 share. Thats where the power begins and ends. IF YOU DON'T NEED THE BACKING OF THE OTHER SHAREHOLDERS.

However if you do need the backing of other shareholders for what ever reason !!! The having 0.0001% is very worth while!

Thank you to Steven Halstead and his family.

An internal communications glitch about the timing of the issuing of the press release. Nothing more.

So many different media formats and platforms to think about and different people responsible for each of them.

And also how to position the news, i.e. positive, but not huge, so as not to set any hares running.

I think the response on here is a good snapshot: Well received, positive news, encouraged quite a lot of fans to join. Job done.

what is the share?....about 0.000001% or something..? Not really worth getting excited is it?

Well its a 0.000001% of what they did not have before. who knows maybe other shareholders may do the same.

Just as an aside, why didn't the minority shareholders have to sell up at the time of Venky's purchase? I thought when a purchaser got over 90% the holdouts had to sell up anyway?

Venky's were obliged to make an offer to the remaining minority shareholders, on equal terms as the one made to the majority shareholder, but those minority shareholders were not obliged to accept the offer (something like £0.17 per share) in the form it was made at the time of the majority shareholder transfer. I want to stress that this is only speculation, but I tend to suspect that a condition of the sale may have been that the council remain minority shareholders, and that is why there was no forced buyout of the remaining shares.

Also, no, other shareholders do not have legal recourse against any other shareholder who sells their shares to anyone else.

Sparky, If you become a member you can come to the AGM and see the presentation of the accounts I will give there. Then you can raise any questions or objections you like and get real answers in person.

Paul, Mark and Duncan have had a great morning down in the Mall today, with plenty of new people singing up to the Trust. We were only there for two hours, as I only decided to arrange it all at the last minute. I am sure Paul will be on at some stage with a better run down of how we were received, as he was there.

Next up for The Trust, we are having a one hour special on Radio Lancs this Tuesday from 6pm. Hosted by Gary Hickson, there will be Wayne and myself, Dan on the phone from Sweden and Trust member Stephen Halstead-The guy who gave his Blackburn Rovers shares to The Trust which we announced earlier this week. He will hopefully explaining why he did it, his thoughts on the Trust and hopefully encouraging other share holders to consider doing similar!

So that Radio Lancs-Tuesday 30th April from 6pm.

Here is a link for the listen again page in advance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p017qqxx

You actually have to openly apologise before you even have the right to be forgiven,

That said, in theory if they did start showing some actual remorse and make the changes that need changing and things genuinely start to improve off the field, then yes in theory I could start to forgive.

(even now I don't actually hate them or anybody else for that matter hate is only reserved for sex offenders, murderers, etc.... in my book)

Just listening to your spokesman on the radio .. Please inform him that not all fans will forgive the venkyscum . Personally I will hate , never forgive and never forget what they have done .

Hi Abbey,

I did a few interviews today, I don't know which one you are referring to, but I did state that I was angry about what has been done to our club and the people of Blackburn.

We cannot change the past, we have to get our club back to stability ASAP. If that means meeting Mrs Desai and offering to buy a much larger stake in the club, in exchange for a significant say in how the club is run, then the we should do exactly that.

The owners know that they have made catastrophic mistakes, and I doubt that they can afford many more. The sooner that they re-engage with the supporters the better for all concerned.

Rovers Trust members are supporters from all parts of our local society and we are working resolutely towards our goal of raising enough money to buy a larger stake in our own football club.

We really do have to fight to make this happen, and we all the support we can get.

Going back to your original point, nobody will ever forget the last two disastrous years, and I know many fans feel exactly the same as you, who could blame them? We all want our Rovers back.

I wish you well Abbey,

Hopefully we will come out of this mess a stronger club, Swansea have!

Archived