BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Guest Norbert

Well done to the Trust in your first real steps in removing the scum. I have never heard of Steven Halstead, but thank you to him as well.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great news! A massive thank you to Stephen Halstead, obviously a True Blue. As members of the trust we now have a voice, however small. This is actually a historic moment in the history of our great club.

Arte et Labore

I've been a Rovers supporter for over 50 years, but I must admit I have no idea who Stephen Halstead is, it was also news to me that Blackburn Council were the biggest minority share holders.

I'm sure this is available somewhere (perhaps someone can post a link ?) but how many other minority shareholders are there, and who are they ?

Blackburn with Darwen Council currently have the second largest shareholding in Rovers, although it is only a 0.0002 per cent stake compared to the 99.9954 per cent held by Venky’s

Is it possible to find out what the % of the club owned by the Trust is?

It's a very small percentage! Everyone on the Steering Group is delighted and extremely excited about this news. We will be forever grateful to Stephen for giving us this toehold with his share donation.

However we need people to keep their feet on the ground with this. The Trust is now one of more than 340 minor share holders in the club. This gives us certain rights but is a long way from our stated aims.

The Trust will now be able to attend the club AGM and represent the views of all our members at the AGM. This is a big step. To date only individual shareholders have been able to state an individual view. At the next AGM the Trust will be able to represent the views of and ask questions on behalf of our membership.

We are starting to get our voice heard. Join us today to make that voice LOUDER.

Currently we have just short of 1100 fully paid up members - took the Arsenal Supporters Trust ten years to reach that number. If we continue with this rate of growth by the time of the AGM our membership will be 17.5% of this season's average gate. As the attendance figures include away support the percentage would probably be closer to 20%.

Onwards and upwards. Join the Trust. Today's news shows our determination and the progress which is being made

Anyone who wants to meet us in person pop along to The Mall on Saturday morning. We will be there from 10.00 to 12.00

Guest Norbert

Good to know you can raise points and attend AGMs. I can't help thinking of the old woman who owns a share in Planet Express though!

I now own part of Blackburn Rovers.

A proud day!

Well done Mr Halstead.

Exactly Stuart. Along with 1100 other fans we all own a bit. A tiny bit but it really does belong to us!!

Have to say, I've been tempted over the past month to register with the Trust - think I will do it at some point - something keeps stopping me though, maybe my general apathy towards BRFC at the moment.

Have to say, I've been tempted over the past month to register with the Trust - think I will do it at some point - something keeps stopping me though, maybe my general apathy towards BRFC at the moment.

Go for it John. It feels good to be a stake holder in our famous old club.

It`s been a long day for me, but just to see so many people supporting what we are doing now is fantastic. Don`t forget if you want to join you can meet Paul, Mark and Duncan (I`m working, sorry!) in the Mall in town between 10am and noon. Sign up for £10 a year, there and then and maybe buy one of our Retro Replica shirts, on sale £29,99!!

Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich have tonked Ream Madrid and Barca respectively this week.

An all German final at Wembley?

Fan ownership can't bring success at the highest level?

Different when everyone is working to the same rules, Paul.

Rules which are based around keeping football as a sport for the people rather than money men.

Bring the rule in here, get rid of half the teams in the country, wait three generations for the tribal roots to wither, and we may have the size of fanbases to make it possible.

Rishi Sikka has asked Rovers Trust to help spread the word about his documentary. Here you go Rishi:

Venkys - The Fall of Blackburn Rovers

The independent film-maker behind a much-anticipated documentary detailing the decline and fall of Blackburn Rovers, has put the release date on hold due to interest from television.

Rishi Sikka, who has spent a year following the troubled Lancashire club, is in talks with TV distributors about a possible premiere on national TV.

A preview of the film can be viewed on YouTube: Venkys - The Fall Of Blackburn Rovers (Trailer)

Sikka said: “There is a lot of interest in the documentary and I would like as large an audience as possible. The intention was to release it on the internet in April, but we’ll see how talks progress in the coming days and make an announcement shortly whether it’s first showing will be on television or online.”

Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich have tonked Ream Madrid and Barca respectively this week. An all German final at Wembley? Fan ownership can't bring success at the highest level?

Let's just hope like Bayern we can get Adidas and Audi as co-owners, several multi-national companies as club partners, 60,000 in the ground every week and, of course, a total restructuring of English football on the lines of the German model. Unfortunately, Paul, you are comparing two completely different models when comparing the German setup with the English one.

Archived