BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I'd like to get served my bloody pie at half-time within half-time. If you want to see the whole match and wait till the end of the first half before heading downstairs in the JW I have never once made it back with my food before kick-off. T'was the same when we had 25,000 and still is the same with 10,000. Also why are there no prawn pies????

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Al, not quite with you-Are you sarcastically saying it`s a bit too heavy, or do you think it`s not heavy enough?

Just seems to jump about a lot with no continuous theme. I very quickly gave up and Madam is not best known for her attention span.

Don't be a complete plank on this thread as well saxo. Have a day off.

As for the presentation, I'm afraid as a PowerPoint presentation it's just too wordy. I know you have a lot to fit in but a PP presentation should be short and punchy. She won't get past the first slide.

Click here for a PDF copy of the presentation we prepared for Mrs Desai

This was emailed to the Trust members last week.Some of the figures are out of date now as it was written several weeks ago.

That definitely needs to be started from scratch. I've sat through a lot and I haven't seen one with even a quarter of the text in that. The detail should be in the speaking, the slides just need to have key points in large font.

For example, the third page. Those main bullet points should really be the only text on the slide. The smaller bullet points shoud be delivered in the presentational speech.

Surely somebody on here must have experience of creating these types of things and can offer a helping hand?

That definitely needs to be started from scratch. I've sat through a lot and I haven't seen one with even a quarter of the text in that. The detail should be in the speaking, the slides just need to have key points in large font.

Speaking? How are they going to do that? Have they been invited over to present in person?

Surely somebody on here must have experience of creating these types of things and can offer a helping hand?

This has already been sent, hasn't it?

I'm really not sure you can get the necessary detail into a 3 slide, 9 bullet presentation. It's difficult to know where to pitch it given that there is no real dialogue from them one way or another.

Two ways this could go, they could be asked to send an exec summary or invited over to present.

As it is, the lack of communication about it, which is the reason for its public release suggests that they haven't read it yet. I honestly think that there is a very short period of discussion about all things Rovers and then it's on to chicken nugget, item 43 until the following month. They will probably hear back in September...

In the meantime, I look forward to all these critics sticking their hands in the air for the exec summary/re-write. I can well imagine some poor soul was up until the wee small hours writing that out. A bit more credit is due, I think.

Sorry maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick, I assumed this was a presentation that would given.

Is it just being sent over to be read? If it is then is a presentation the best format to send it in? Presentations aren't designed to contain loads of text. Perhaps it could be formatted into a more traditional document.

Sorry maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick, I assumed this was a presentation that would given.

Is it just being sent over to be read? If it is then is a presentation the best format to send it in? Presentations aren't designed to contain loads of text. Perhaps it could be formatted into a more traditional document.

The Trust put out an email last week. Hopefully they won't mind me lifting part of it.

"Initially the Trust wrote to Mrs Desai, a letter which was delivered to her by Derek Shaw who reported back to the Trust [that] Mrs Desai had read the letter and requested more information on supporter trusts in general and specifically how [the] Rovers Trust sees its role at Rovers. The letter was later published by the Trust and circulated to the membership.

In response the Trust created the attached presentation which was forwarded to Mrs Desai. Unfortunately we have yet to receive a response. Our presentation is now being sent to all members to help give an insight into our recent activity on your behalf."

(If any members of the Rovers Trust are reading, you could do with a proof reader btw).

One thing that worries me is that one of the prominent members didn't know Yeovil had been promoted

Is that important, Abs?

well you would think people with ambitions of running the club would know the teams we play imho.

I'm sure they would when it mattered. Although imho I don't think these people have ambitions to run the club. Not realistically anyway.

The key is to have some say in it. If Venkys had helped facilitate a Supporters' Trust group from the beginning, and listened to fans rather than agents, we 'might' not be in this mess.

The problem is that there are too many personality clashes all over the shop between supporters at large, and (not aimed at you, abs) a lot of jealousy, without wanting to get off backsides and help.

• Moderation Lead

no free speech for true attending rovers fans on this board, ban me if you like, IT`S A FACT.

He's actually literally asking to be banned. Talk about gift wrapped....

You really a silly billy of the highest order. Very sad.

I'm surprised that kind of language got past the swear filter.

If Desai wanted information about the Trust then she certainly got it in this document. I think it is meant to be a brochure rather than a power-point - Mrs Desai likes brochures as we saw in the sky interview she did a while back.

I don't think linking to critical articles as to how crap Rovers have been run will give the Trust kudos though.

Colour pictures and promises of gold at the end of the rainbow would be the best well to sell to Venkys.

He's actually literally asking to be banned. Talk about gift wrapped....

ever heard of the term martyr..? i`ll take a banning on behalf of the silent majority looking in that fear posting diverse viewpoints on this board..

how many post on here, about 100 maybe at varying times? that`s 100 (out of thousands of rovers fans) that feel they speak for the majority. bullsh*t.

it`s a real concern this board is given so much respect in terms of representing our support, imo it`s a nonsense.

ever heard of the term martyr..? i`ll take a banning on behalf of the silent majority looking in that fear posting diverse viewpoints on this board..

how many post on here, about 100 maybe at varying times? that`s 100 (out of thousands of rovers fans) that feel they speak for the majority. bullsh*t.

it`s a real concern this board is given so much respect in terms of representing our support, imo it`s a nonsense.

If the rest of the support mirrors your thoughts then Blackburn Rovers football clubs future is well and truly stuffed.

Is your carer a Burnley fan ?

• Moderation Lead

Just more bs from you. Nobody agrees with you on here, everyone thinks you're a bell end.

Do us all a favour and clear off, you're irritating as sh1t.

Archived