BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked my emails Maj.

This was the 'Message from the Secretary' at the back end of August - hopefully Simon won't mind me copying and pasting...

"With the new season opening the Trust committee would like to update members on our summer activities and event for the next few months.

We have applied to Blackburn with Darwen Council to register Ewood Park as an Asset of Community Value. Although there is no apparent desire from the owners to sell the ground it is both our legal right and duty to look to protect Ewood in this way. Rovers Trust is one of the first trusts to apply for an ACV and we have received excellent advice from both Supporters Direct and Department for Communities and Local Government."

Yea Rovers Trust began this process back in May, we made our initial submission in early June and completed our replies to BwD's questions in mid-August. We should receive a decision within eight weeks counting from August 19th.

As it happens I recorded a podcast with Wen Y Hu last night which covers the whole subject in detail and, I hope, plain English.

As I prepared the submission please ask anything you wish and I'll try to answer.

Paul, is there any avenue for us members overseas to have any input, either by motions put, or questions to be asked?

Dave you're asking about the Trust AGM with this question?

If so the answer is "Yes" there will be some form of conference call in the form of Skype or Google Hangout (don't ask me what that is) of course any member can submit written questions or motions to the secretary in advance.

The AGM will be as accessible to all as our capabilities allow.

Snap Ozz - just proves we all sing from the same hymn sheet!

Just in addition to what has already been mentioned about this, please see this from the Fans Forum meeting with the club on Monday:

B) Asset of Community Value Application

DS stated that the club had replied to Blackburn with Darwen council regarding the application to register Ewood Park as an asset of community value. A number of other grounds around the country had been granted this status as well as other buildings. DS expected that the application would be approved.

Yea Rovers Trust began this process back in May, we made our initial submission in early June and completed our replies to BwD's questions in mid-August. We should receive a decision within eight weeks counting from August 19th. As it happens I recorded a podcast with Wen Y Hu last night which covers the whole subject in detail and, I hope, plain English. As I prepared the submission please ask anything you wish and I'll try to answer.

Well done Paul ( and to everyone else involved), I'm glad the trust is around to help protect the club and it's interests.

I'll listen to the podcast once it's released and if I have any Q's after that I'll post them. Saves you the trouble of going over old ground on here.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Well done Paul ( and to everyone else involved), I'm glad the trust is around to help protect the club and it's interests.

I'll listen to the podcast once it's released and if I have any Q's after that I'll post them. Saves you the trouble of going over old ground on here.

Podcast now published. :)

Can minutes be sent to those not able to attend. I won't be able to do a 600 mile trip during the week, just for a meeting.

Definitely. I imagine the minutes will be circulated by email and will be published on the Trust website.

Just a heads up for everyone. Venkys London Ltd posted a loss of £27.1m for the year ended March 31st 2013

And many bad financial things have happened since so your forecast of £40m losses( for the year to June wasnt it??) i suspect is not far off target.

To my mind this is still a real real cause for concern.Yes Venky boys must be covering it for now but once FFP kicks, in the restrictions will basically mean its lost money never to be recovered unless we go up....cough , cough.

If the emphasis is on reducing costs to meet FFP rules then by definition you can't at the same time spend to improve your team.In other words what we have got now (minus a few remaining big earners that need to go out to meet the rules ) has to be the squad that gets us back up.

Stuck in a cul de sac springs to mind

Apparently they have said they're continuing to cover the loss. Now I don't know exactly what that means, but I do worry that when they decide they have had enough,, there is a way for them to recover everything. I wouldn't put anything past them. I still don't trust them one inch.

Fair play rules are currently be challenged in court and they so much favour the big clubs that I can see no way that a court can uphold them in their present form. By the time they have been redrafted in an acceptable form we will either have been promoted or we never will.

We need the Asset Of Community Value approving by the council asap.

It will prevent any deal to pass the club and Ewood Park on to another party happening without us knowing about it.

This would not prevent a sale by Venky's, it would simply mean any attempt by them to offload the club and ground would have to be notified to the council and to the fans.

Honourable buyers (or sellers), with the best interests of Blackburn Rovers at heart, would have nothing to fear from this.

Archived