BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Backroom Staff

apart from Eric Black and Colin Hendry, just who are the rest of the backroom staff and what are their roles? I know Mimms is Goalkeeping Coach, but what is Brunskills role?

I quite like Eric Black as assistant, but Hendry and Brunskill seems to be adding very little to the overall performance or lack of it in terms of the squad.

Now there is talk that Berg will look to bring in his own guys, but just who should he remove from the current setup? Ian Dowie and Mike Newell perhaps to come in wouldnt be a bad option for Berg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i still dont understand what Brunskills role is though. Also, who is our physio and club doctor? I seem to remember back in the Hughes and Souness days, we had some highly respected team doctors and so on. Just cant remember the guys name, think he joined Uniteds backroom team. Or am i thinking of a goalkeeping coach?

Physio is still Dave Fevre and club doctor is Duncan Robertson.

that is one massive backroom staff right there. Lol. So many fitness and conditioning coaches, so why is our players so much out of shape. Crazy

Mark Howord left in the summer for some Crotian fitness coach to come in but has work permit issues.

I think it's hard to know who does what and how much someone does.

I've seen it on here that Hendry looks like he does nothing on match days but to be honest I wouldnt expect the coaches to do a massive amount besides warm up exercises on a match day only way we would know is by being at the training ground or speaking to players.

Dave Fevre is a highly rated physio is many circles, was Man Utd 1st team physio until Kidd came here and he followed think he also worked at Wigan Warriors before that.

Its hard to know a lot about the fitness guys to be honest but think one has a background in army type training but could be wrong

i still dont understand what Brunskills role is though. Also, who is our physio and club doctor? I seem to remember back in the Hughes and Souness days, we had some highly respected team doctors and so on. Just cant remember the guys name, think he joined Uniteds backroom team. Or am i thinking of a goalkeeping coach?

Are you thinking of Dave Fevre? Didn't he come from Utd to us? Is he still here?

apart from Eric Black and Colin Hendry, just who are the rest of the backroom staff and what are their roles? I know Mimms is Goalkeeping Coach, but what is Brunskills role?

I quite like Eric Black as assistant, but Hendry and Brunskill seems to be adding very little to the overall performance or lack of it in terms of the squad.

Now there is talk that Berg will look to bring in his own guys, but just who should he remove from the current setup? Ian Dowie and Mike Newell perhaps to come in wouldnt be a bad option for Berg

Judging by the defensive performance against Cardiff, Hendry should be done on the Trade Description Act

the one thing i just dont quite get. Berg and Hendry were 2 of the best center backs, played under some of the best managers, and played along some top players. The one thing i would have expected was better organisation in defence, as both should have plenty of experience in that department.

the one thing i just dont quite get. Berg and Hendry were 2 of the best center backs, played under some of the best managers, and played along some top players. The one thing i would have expected was better organisation in defence, as both should have plenty of experience in that department.

On the same hand, Nigel Winterburn and Tony Adams were members of the meanest defence ever to play at top level in the UK!!

It doesnt work that way I am afraid, I know it should in theory, in practice though its a different matter.

I posted this about 12 or 18 months back, Kevin Hird told me when he played at Rovers, most would come off the park at half time having done the job the manager had told them to do but hadnt really a clue as to what had really happened in the game, Tony Parkes would come into the dressing room having played 45 minutes and know exactly what had happened, how the opposition were playing and how to resolve problems on the park, thats the difference, being a player is one thing, a manager something else, indeed, Mourinho was a PE teacher and never played at the top level, strange isnt it!!

not saying it will always work, but you can still explain to Dann and Hanley about getting into certain positions, and picking up players, getting tight, or standing off slightly etc etc im sure they are being told this, but its clear that they are just not up to the standard which Berg requires them to be at. Which again one must ask, why does he not change that defensive pairing, and bring in the Bearded one

I personally think that top level players quite often don't make the best coaches because a lot of the stuff they do is just instinct which can't be taught, also if you're very good at something can sometimes be difficult to explain things.

My own personal take on it anyway, probably rubbish

I personally think that top level players quite often don't make the best coaches because a lot of the stuff they do is just instinct which can't be taught, also if you're very good at something can sometimes be difficult to explain things.

nope, thats not rubbish. That goes for a lot of differents sports.

good that berg is getting his own men in, with the way our club is run, berg needs all the loyalty/sanity he can get. Hopefully they are up to the task.

Probably not rubbish, more likely correct and if you are a top player with top clubs, you cant understand why lesser players cant do the things which are natural to yourself, this is one small point, Berbatov, many call him lazy, has probably the best first touch I have ever seen and he plays a ball into space which others cant read, he does it quickly and instinctively as you say, sometimes, that pass looks awful to supporters, to someone on the same wavelength, a wonder pass!!

not sure. At 1st i thought perhaps it was Joe Jordan, after Cryer mentioned it. But then Nicko said its somebody who will only be available next week, so im assuming he is still in a job right now.

Joe Jordan's already at QPR.

Sure Nicko says somewhere that they are on holiday. Can't be bothered to dig out now

Norwegian top league apparently finished on the 18th November which makes me think it will be someone from there but Nicko seems to rate them very highly which makes me think it may not be as not sure how many coaches he would know

Archived