BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Backroom Staff

• Backroom

Sparkys backroom team will be on holiday Berg never worked with Bowen or Eddie Complicatedpolishname did he?

Edit - not that I ever expect them to leave his side

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good insight Topman!

A team defends from the front. You can gt away with the forwards not putting a full shift in but the midfield have to work their nuts off to cover it. We do not have that. I have rarely seen anyone quite as ineffective as Etuhu. Funny that the only time we look even remotely solid, no Etuhu.

Solve the centre mid problem and we start to solve our issues. Prevent the opposition playing through and taking pot shots from distance, which is also our keepers Achilles heel. Then start to give the defence options with the ball. The best teams play in triangles and hunt in packs.

according to Cryer and Nixon thats changes in backroom staff will happen after Blackpool game.

So let's sum this up then. Three quarters of the backroom staff have been announced in a national newspaper that they are going to be sacked but we are going to wait a week until after a derby game which might prove critical were there ever to be any life in our corpse of a promotion campaign?

The replacement staff have been named but at least one of them is employed and no doubt his employers are rubbing their hands with undisguised glee at the approach of the money no object Shebster.

Or have I missed something?

nope, thats not rubbish. That goes for a lot of differents sports.

it goes for most things - I'm far better and more patient teaching German than I am teaching french, because i don't remember learning french; it just sort of happened, whereas i can remember all my struggles with those pesky German articles and all the times I failed. I'm also better at teaching basic maths than most maths teachers because I'm not teaching concepts; I'm teaching a method that i know works for me

This is all being done too late. There should've been a clean sweep when Berg came in. I suspected at the time that this was one of the reasons why they hired him, in that a stronger character would've demanded to bring his own guys in. I think berg will regret not demanding that too.

With a full change of staff, we might have had that new manager 'bounce' but I think it's too late now for that to happen.

it goes for most things - I'm far better and more patient teaching German than I am teaching french, because i don't remember learning french; it just sort of happened, whereas i can remember all my struggles with those pesky German articles and all the times I failed. I'm also better at teaching basic maths than most maths teachers because I'm not teaching concepts; I'm teaching a method that i know works for me

what about English Mrs G lol

okay im glad if Hendry and Brunskill leave. I wouldnt mind if Black stays, but if he goes, then no problem at all.

We do however need some fresh ideas, because it just seems that the players are still in that Lazy Keaning state.

havent heard anything on Andrè Bergdølmo being appointed in the norwegian media. they are usually all over norwegian appointments in foreign clubs, and reported alot when Ståle Solbakken (wolves) appointed his backroom staff.

don't know too much about Bergdølmos coaching. He used to be a junior team coach at Lillestrøm and is now currently a junior coach at Vålerenga (thats the equivalent of a ex burnley player and junior coach taking a junior coach position at rovers)

he works as a pundit for the champions league broadcasts aswell.

don't think he will be hennings assistant manager, i guess he will be used in a different role but i honestly have no idea about this

This is all being done too late. There should've been a clean sweep when Berg came in. I suspected at the time that this was one of the reasons why they hired him, in that a stronger character would've demanded to bring his own guys in. I think berg will regret not demanding that too.

With a full change of staff, we might have had that new manager 'bounce' but I think it's too late now for that to happen.

Spot on.

This is being done in a way that epitomises the Venky's era.

Imagine how low morale will be for a trip to the seaside on Saturday.

I'm definitely in favour of a coaching staff shake up – but the timing and mechanics of it so far have been appalling.

Different bits and pieces leaked in the press, Shebby confirming that heads will roll in the LT and those at the heart of it supposedly none the wiser in terms of whether they're for the chop. Unbelievable. Morale at Brockhall will be at an all time low.

I predict a caning at Blackpool.

I'm definitely in favour of a coaching staff shake up – but the timing and mechanics of it so far have been appalling.

Different bits and pieces leaked in the press, Shebby confirming that heads will roll in the LT and those at the heart of it supposedly none the wiser in terms of whether they're for the chop. Unbelievable. Morale at Brockhall will be at an all time low.

if you knew you was for the chop would you give a flying F*** ? the timing and how it's been done is an absolute joke ...Shebby is an absolute joke

if you knew you was for the chop would you give a flying F*** ? the timing and how it's been done is an absolute joke ...Shebby is an absolute joke

+1

It does make you wonder if perhaps Berg is one defeat away from the sack hence the delay.

We have Shaw trying to save £2,500 on chairs whist according to Cryer in LT "Colin Hendry is understood to be set to assist reserve team boss Gary Bowyer" - we've seen speculation, and newspaper reports, that Hendry is on £8,000 pw and he's, seemingly, about to assist the reserve team boss !!! Just about sums up, IMO, the farce that our club has become.

• Backroom

It's just the same old kean from the club. Zero professionalism and no clue how to handle themselves in the media. It's been this way ever since Venky's appeared and began butchering the club. I doubt it will end until they leave, at which point I genuinely dread to think what state the club will be in.

+1

It does make you wonder if perhaps Berg is one defeat away from the sack hence the delay.

We have Shaw trying to save £2,500 on chairs whist according to Cryer in LT "Colin Hendry is understood to be set to assist reserve team boss Gary Bowyer" - we've seen speculation, and newspaper reports, that Hendry is on £8,000 pw and he's, seemingly, about to assist the reserve team boss !!! Just about sums up, IMO, the farce that our club has become.

Aye and that's before I've been told that some of these awesome portugeser's are on over 10K a week.

Colin earns more in a month than most coaches doing the same job in and around that level.

Just read the report in the telegraph, what the hell is Paul Agnew doing in a room talking about the backroom staff with Singh/Shaw and Henning?

He was looking after mascot a few seasons ago, was reputed to be the worst press officer in the premiership and can't even get the spelling on his website right.

Bleedin Circus, clowns to left jokers to the right :angry2:

Archived