BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

am i missing something here---Barnsley v Huddersfield----if huddersfield win ,barnsley stay below us and if barnsley win huddersfield stay below us ????

Surely we are 100% safe now

Not if Barnsley win 1-0 and we lose 15-0 ;)

even after such a bad season, we can't lose 15 -0....can we?????

I think it's 15-0 if Barnsley win by a goal, as 14-0 would see us safe on goals scored :D

We have 13 goals on Huddersfield. So it's basically 13 goals plus whatever dent Barnsley make in Huddersfield's goal difference plus one goal as we have the goals scored edge.

So say Barnsley win by a 2 goal margin we then need to lose 16-0...however if Barnsley were to win 5-4 then Huddersfield would then have the goals scored advantage and we'd only need to lose 13-0........this is also providing Millwall, Peterborough and Sheffield Wednesday all win too

:D

I heard an interview with Saunders just after he took over at Wolves. He spoke about his time at Wrexham and how he wanted the training ground pitches cut a certain way. He claimed that the Groundsman told him it couldn't be done and so he he got on the mower and did it himself, leaving visiting parents of potential apprentices gasping in awe at the pristine pitches he produced. He then explained how the Groundsman had taken inspiration and thanked him.

Clearly, he came across as being full of himself and a bit of a cock. He didn't seem to bothered about publicly humiliating a working bloke either.

I've no issues with Wolves but I'm quite pleased that karma bit Mr Saunders on his jacksy.

Not half as pleased as the Wrexham groundsman I'd wager. ^_^

Archived