BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

Your first 2 questions are irrelevant and the third hypothetical.

I agree that Kean a) Shouldn't have been appointed b)Should have been sacked before relegation c) Played a big part in relegation d)Shouldn't have started the season and e)better off gone from our perspective.

However it did happen, and Kean got 13 or 14 points from 7 games if i recall correctly, top 6 form. If he hadn't have got them points, we could be really deep in trouble. That is the point he is making, not that Kean did a good job, should have stayed or whatever else. Even if the points were a fluke, which could easily be argued based on previous form, he still got them.

You could equally say we should be grateful for the points Bowyer got, both Bowyer and Kean got us points at a much faster rate than Appleton, Black and Berg.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats irrelevant to the point he is making, as he is not saying we needed Kean to stay, or Kean did a good job overall, which everyone knows is far from the truth. He is simply stating that, in isolation, the points Kean accumulated this season have been key in keeping us in this division.

To be honest, the first 7 performances were no worse than those that have followed. I remember an excellent half at Leeds which saw Formica, Gomes, Rhodes and Pedersen show too much quality and resulted in some lovely attacking football. The performances were poor overall, as has been the case throughout the season, but we were simply attacking teams, with the Bristol City game sticking out in particular. Gomes was our key player and Rochina was his deputy and that was working well.

However that is irrelevant, and not what Jim seems to be staying. It doesn't matter how the points were gained, its the fact that they were that was important. The points accumulated in the first 7 games were integral in us not being in the drop zone. There has been at no point any praise of the overall job that Kean did, or any assumption that Kean would have succeeded had he stayed in charge. We know that he wasn't a good manager, he was a terrible manager, but no one has argued otherwise.

Was Kean a competent manager? No.

Did Kean accumulate enough points to give us a huge head start in what has proved to be a relegation fight? Yes.

Ok then if the bald turd had won more games at the start then we would of gone up .. He's a lying drunken ass licking chicken curry shagging shiny skulked idiot who hated fans .

I didn't say we'd have been "better off" if we hadn't sacked Kean and at no stage did I "lament Kean's departure".

I only said we should be grateful for the great start to the season he gave us. It's not difficult to understand.

The results he got were lucky, the performances were actually crap, who's to say they wouldn't have been achieved under somebody else, additionally we wouldn't be saddled with Murphy, Orr, Best or Etuhu, all of whom are reflective of the scumbag.

Ok then if the bald turd had won more games at the start then we would of gone up .. He's a lying drunken ass licking chicken curry shagging shiny skulked idiot who hated fans .

Abbey, could you get off the fence and say what you really mean ^_^

All I can say is hurrah for Steve Kean. Without the brilliant start he gave us we would have been relegated long ago.

:lol: Surely you aren't thinking you will wind anyone up with that are you Jim?

Ooops.... looks like I was wrong! So many people simply can't resist biting whenever you throw a baited hook into the water. :tu:

Feel sorry for Wolves fans. It's a real disaster for them. A premier league wage bill in lge 1 = financial disaster.

It's something I thought we would have to contemplate in the summer but thankfully we've pulled through. Should never have come to this for Wolves. They have got good enough players to survive in this league but have a very poor manager and an incompetent board.

There's 2 differences between Wolves and Rovers this season (and the reason we stayed up and Wolves went down): Gary Bowyer and Jordan Rhodes.

Feel sorry for Wolves fans. It's a real disaster for them. A premier league wage bill in lge 1 = financial disaster.

It's something I thought we would have to contemplate in the summer but thankfully we've pulled through. Should never have come to this for Wolves. They have got good enough players to survive in this league but have a very poor manager and an incompetent board.

There's 2 differences between Wolves and Rovers this season (and the reason we stayed up and Wolves went down): Gary Bowyer and Jordan Rhodes.

We will probably be joining them next season depending on who we appoint and our transfer business.

Just been looking at the table.

With Huddersfield playing Barnsley, we need to lose to Big Club by a 15 goal margin to go down now.

A85DDE2F-DD61-4B71-8251-9285D4062E23-170

2F20ECEE-E851-41CD-A574-97A88A4CAF0D-170

Posh really seem to think they will stay up now, btw. Fans on the pitch, you'd they'd just been promoted!

• Moderation Lead

Peterborough 1-0 Sheffield Wednesday at full time. Wednesday need to at least draw at home to Middlesbrough, and Peterborough need to win at Palace....

Yep - could have been us. Very similar path of self harm. ( board & managers)

After today I'm sure they are down..

Fans suffer because of incompetent people looking to make a few quid.

Sad.

Archived