BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

But for Huddersfield we were pretty lucky with results today. Hoping the Posh bubble has burst but I'd rather see someone else go down than them, not us. I still think we have a lot to do. We are only one loss and a win by someone below us to be right back in it. Tuesday is going to cancel our game in hand and could see us with worse goal diff than Posh. We may be asking the Dingles for a favour but would they give it if they are safe?

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you really see us getting the ball beyond Shittu? I'm gutted with today's performance. Best is out (good) and I don't see King as a team player. We have a top goal scorer under utilised and Millwall will have done their homework on how unfit the team is.

I was thinking about our inability to deal with Shittu, but seeing the highlights of the Huddersfield match, he looks to have had a mare. Hopefully Bowyer gets the video and sees how relatively easy it is to play against him afterall. Then again, he'll probably score a hatrick, win every header, and block every shot.

Anyone have a horrible feeling we'll get relegated to League One and Venky's STILL won't @#/? off?

Quite an insightful post given the fact that it was posted on Boxing Day!

I just read the first 3 pages of this thread and no-one expected us to stay up even then. We're not daft!

I bet Blackpool fans are over the moon that Paul Ince and his son are sat on the sofa on Goals on Sunday having a good laugh and a joke.

Was just thinking that myself. Did you hear the excuses he was coming out with at the start? 'Brighton were like Barcelona at times'.

• Backroom

Quite an insightful post given the fact that it was posted on Boxing Day!

I just read the first 3 pages of this thread and no-one expected us to stay up even then. We're not daft!

All of my posts are insightful pal, just how I roll ;)

Seriously though, I had a really nice Christmas so to post something that negative on boxing day shows what an utter shambles the club has been again this season.

I'm too busy keeping the "you know" count.

Paul Ince really is unbelievably thick.

Until Kean and Shebby came along, Ince had been the only manager we'd had who genuinely made me fume every time I listened to him being interviewed. The bloke is a total plank and it's a disgrace that he's anywhere near a managerial post at any professional club.

Anybody know when is the earliest time you can stick cash on the 2013-2014 relegation odds? Might as well try and make a bob out of all the misery we will have to suffer.

As, if we do stay up by the skin of our teeth this season, it´ll be - just like Kean - postponing the inevitable. Venkys can take this club deeper down yet.

Careful T4E...... I got no end of @#/? on here in 08 simply cos I said that imo he had learning difficulties.

Won't let that bother me - I got dogs abuse for saying he was useless from the outset.

We were both right.

I just looked at our remaining fixtures (such has been my apathy toward the whole thing this season) and we are in the kean big time. We won't get anything from Millwall, high flying Crystal Palace will fancy their chances and Birmingham away will be another game where I our woeful away record probably won't improve. We are relying on Peterborough, Wolves and Barnsely all being worse than we are. When you compare all the big talk that went on at the start of the season to where we are now, it would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

I can't see us sinning tonight.

The bottom five all play at home on Saturday. Any team which can manage a win is going go to do themselves a huge favour. Will we beat Palace? It would go against the run of play for the whole season. Avoiding a heavy defeat is vital, anything worse than a one goal margin will be an utter disaster.

Wolves will beat Burnley, Posh will beat Wednesday and Barnsley will lose putting us in the bottom three.

Come May 4th Peterborough play Palace, Wolves play Brighton, Huddersfield and Barnsley play each other. All fixtures which are crucial to both sides. Rovers at Birmingham looks the best of those final fixtures.

I reckon we will stay up on goal difference after drawing at Birmingham.

Bristol City, Barnsley and either Peterborough or Wolves to go down by goal difference depending on how heavily defeated they are on the final day.

Looks like I'm going to need a ticket for St Andrews. Haven't been there since 1981..

Free chance of getting a bit further away from difficulty tonight.

Of course we could lose and seriously damage our goal difference again in the process.

A draw would be very handy at this stage of the season and as one point would just about lift Millwall to safety too, I am seriously hoping that will be the outcome.

• Backroom

We can still go down but it would take an extraordinary set of results when you consider Huddersfield play Barnsley on the last day it means if Huddersfield draw or lose at weekend then at least one of those two can't catch us and Peterborough would also have to win both of their games along with other teams picking up results

We can still go down but it would take an extraordinary set of results when you consider Huddersfield play Barnsley on the last day it means if Huddersfield draw or lose at weekend then at least one of those two can't catch us and Peterborough would also have to win both of their games along with other teams picking up results

Wolves would also have to win both of their games to overtake us. They've got Brighton away on the final day which is extremely tough.

• Backroom

Going down on 56 points would be insane. I think we'll be alright now, but I dread to think what the summer has in store for us if Venky's remain at the helm. Next season won't bear thinking about.

I think we are safe now as we have 6 teams between us and the relegation spots. The more teams between us and those the 3 places the better. Now it's no longer all about only what happens to Peterborough, Wolves and Barnsley (51p) - Huddersfield (54p), Sheff W, Millwall, Blackpool & Burnley (55p) are also at risk. It would really take an insane set of results for us to go down now. I would be more worried if we had drawn or (obviously) lost tonight. Even if we lose to Palace on saturday and Peterborough, Wolves and Barnsley should win their respective fixtures I still think we wont go down. Points on board are gold at this stage.

Also some interesting fixtures this saturday after this result:

Peterborough - Sheff Wed.....should Peterborough win then Sheff Wed are right back in the mire - Sheff Wed have Boro at home for last game of the season

Wolves - Burnley....if Wolves win Burnley are also at risk - Burnley face Ipswich at home and Wolves away to Brighton

Huddersfield meeting Barnsley in the final round also suits us just fine.

I think Barnsley look nailed on to go down with Bristol City. The final spot I think will be between Wolves, Peterborough and Huddersfield and is impossible to call and won't be decided untill the final round.

I think we are safe now as we have 6 teams between us and the relegation spots. The more teams between us and those the 3 places the better. Now it's no longer all about only what happens to Peterborough, Wolves and Barnsley (51p) - Huddersfield (54p), Sheff W, Millwall, Blackpool & Burnley (55p) are also at risk. It would really take an insane set of results for us to go down now. I would be more worried if we had drawn or (obviously) lost tonight. Even if we lose to Palace on saturday and Peterborough, Wolves and Barnsley should win their respective fixtures I still think we wont go down. Points on board are gold at this stage.

Also some interesting fixtures this saturday after this result:

Peterborough - Sheff Wed.....should Peterborough win then Sheff Wed are right back in the mire - Sheff Wed have Boro at home for last game of the season

Wolves - Burnley....if Wolves win Burnley are also at risk - Burnley face Ipswich at home and Wolves away to Brighton

Huddersfield meeting Barnsley in the final round also suits us just fine.

I think Barnsley look nailed on to go down with Bristol City. The final spot I think will be between Wolves, Peterborough and Huddersfield and is impossible to call and won't be decided untill the final round.

CLOSE THIS THREAD !!!!!!! and move it to Burnleys MB for when they lose at Wolves and have twitchy arses for their last game of season!! Now that really would mean a party in my pants!!

Archived