SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Other scores have been mixed so far, and hopefully our game won't get any worse (it may have to go down to goal difference).

Worrying times when we're relying on other teams results to stay up.

Gave up watching the game and just done the Championship predictor on the BBC site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/predictor/default.stm

Got us finishing 20th on 55 points and that was being harsh giving us only a draw at Millwall and and a draw home to Palace. Peterborough and Barnsley relegated on 54 and 51 points consecutively.

Worrying times when we're relying on other teams results to stay up.

Gave up watching the game and just done the Championship predictor on the BBC site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/predictor/default.stm

Got us finishing 20th on 55 points and that was being harsh giving us only a draw at Millwall and and a draw home to Palace. Peterborough and Barnsley relegated on 54 and 51 points consecutively.

Wow, you think that's harsh? Offer me a draw at Millwall and against Palace, right now, and I'd snap your hand off.

We have no heart and no fight away from home, I expect Millwall to do similar to us on Tuesday as Watford have today.

Wow, you think that's harsh? Offer me a draw at Millwall and against Palace, right now, and I'd snap your hand off.

We have no heart and no fight away from home, I expect Millwall to do similar to us on Tuesday as Watford have today.

Millwall just lost 3-0 to Huddersfield, the same team we beat only a few days ago, surely a draw there isn't out of the question?

Palace's are in very poor form home and away, we've been decent at home under Bowyer, again why is a draw so outrageous?

Granted we were more than crap today but this is a crazy league as far as results go and we're not down yet, let's see what happens on Tuesday night.

3 games left: Millwall, Crystal Palace, Birmingham.

5 points means mathematical safety.

4 points isn't mathematically safe, but almost as good as. The only way we get relegated then is if Barnsley, Peterbrorough and Wolves win both their remaining games, with Barnsley making up 8 goal difference. And 5 other teams around us to pick up at least two points (And some of them will, in this scenario, have already lost to Barnsley, Peterborough, Wolves or us)

3 points is no guarantee, but beating Millwall on Tuesday would take us 15th, with a 5 points gap to three clubs.

2 points would be enough to mean that two of Barnsley, Peterborough and Wolves have to win both their remaining games.

I'm not going to relax until we're safe, but we're in a position where beating Millwall, Crystal Palace or Birmingham will practically ensure survival.

barnsley capable of getting 4 points from that

peterborough 3 points

wolved 4 points

for me rovers will struggle to get 1

Wolves 4 points? They have Brighton away max 3 points.

Peterborough are bogey team can win two or lose two

Remaining fixtures:-

ROVERS:- M’wall(a) Palace(h) B’ham(a) 53 pts

P’BORO:- Sheff W(h) Palace (a) 51pts

WOLVES:- Burnley(h) Brighton(a) 51pts

BARNSLEY:- Hull(h) H’field (a) 51pts

it's going to be a horrible 2 weeks!

After looking at the above fixtures , I would be surprised if Rovers were relegated can only see Wolves getting more 3 points ...

We deserve to be relegated of that I have no doubts but one point will probably be enough ...Maybe even no more points but that is pushing it ..

Points in the bag are better than points to get !

• Backroom

No point saying what's needed as we just don't know

There's a chance a point will be enough and there's a chance we can win on Tuesday and still go down

All we know for certain is that if we fluke two more wins out of three we are safe (fat chance)

Think Barnsley will beat Hull and lose to Huddersfield. Finish on 54 and worse gd than us.

Wolves will beat Burnley and lose or draw to brighton. 54/55 points. Similar gd to us.

Peterborough will probably beat Sheff W and draw to Palace. 55 points. Similar gd.

Huddersfield will draw against Bristol and beat Barnsley. 58 points.

1 more win will be enough. Maybe even 1 more point but that would mean us relying on gd.

Archived