BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without doubt, this is the most crucial 7 days in Rovers History.

We could be all but relegated without 2 home wins.

We could be safe with 2 home wins.

We could be rid of the incompetent / corrupt? Board & owners.

We may be stuck with them.

Please - please - please if there is some gaurdian angel up there, do us some favours this next week.

Relegation....Lets go for it,its what everybody wants and you just know it makes sense to Venky's.

SG, I think you're dead right.

They are all, Venkys, Singh, Agnew and Shaw, a set of c-nts, with no thought for the Club and those that hold it dear.

Unless we get 6 points and fight to live another day, I fear we've had it thanks to this @#/? shower.

That would be me done with football, shove it. But I'll never forget!!

• Backroom

Dreading the next few days, for now we can deny it but come Tuesday we could be all but confirmed to be facing a long stint in the third tier of English football

You know what they say darrenrover..if you cant beat 'em join 'em!

In a trainspotting moment..choose relegation,choose administration,choose to be a total f'kin footballing laughing stock...choose Venky's!!

:wacko:

Join what?

We can't just bloody give in?

There's only ever gonna be one football club for me, if that's gone due to these thieving incompetent @#/?s, then I guess I surrender and its bloody M&S every week until I find another vice. The passion is hereditary and something that I am proud of.

Stolen by charlatans!

Dreading the next few days, for now we can deny it but come Tuesday we could be all but confirmed to be facing a long stint in the third tier of English football

It wont be a long stint at all. Once relegated, cost cutting will see the arrival of Div 2 and conference players.

You know the rest.

I haven't scoured the fixture list as I would have done in years gone by but have compared the form table with the league table. It's just impossible to see a way out of this.

We collected 2 points from the last 6 matches, whereas:

Peterborough 10

Huddersfield 7

Wolves 12

Barnsley 11

Blackpool 9

Leeds 2

Millwall 8

Without reference to the fixture list we need at least one, probably two, of the above to collapse over the next five games. At the same time Rovers need at least a threefold, probably fourfold, improvement. Leeds who may just have enough points are equally bad as Rovers. I think it's going to be a straight fight between Rovers, Leeds, Huddersfield and Peterborough. On the form table it's going to be dead men walking on Tuesday night

Millwall are safe and Wolves, Barnsley and Blackpool should be OK if they do half as well in the next five as in the last six.

Rovers need to enter a streak of inspired form. I don't believe it can happen.

Bristol City 1-0 down.

Wolves 1-0 H'field.

Barnsley 1-0 down.

Tbf, the only result that went against us was the Peterborough one. Really expected Barnsley to win so thats a massive bonus for me.

Awful day for Wolves, Barnsley, Millwall and Ipswich.

Barnsley have significantly worsened their goal difference and lost 2 players through suspension. Wolves have massive injury problems with key players out for the season and now have O`Hara missing the next 3 games through suspension.

We probably need 5 point from 5 games to stay up. Can we do it?

Incredible results at the bottom end. Only Charlton doing us any favours.

And Watford, in a way - we're ahead of Posh on goal difference thanks to their two goals. Would obviously have preferred a Watford win, but hey..

Barnsley and Wolves were both on the receiving end of absolute tonkings. Wolves in big trouble now, losing 1-3 to Huddersfield at home in a vital relegation six pointer may have shot their confidence to pieces.

Archived