BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

This is like musical chairs. On the last day of the season, the last chair will be removed and somebody will go down and that somebody could be a club nobody is talking about at the moment.

In 1977, Blackpool got relegated from a 42 games second division with the 3 points for a win equivalent of 50 points so odd things do happen at this level. Pro rata that is going down with 55 points in a 46 match season.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An norwegian article about the relegation drama. It's in norwegian but I think it's possible to translate it via Google Translate.

Looking at the run in I think that Burnley should be very afraid.

http://championshipnorge.com/?p=1280

Amazed you can still get 25/1 on Burnley going down, they're on a bit of a slide especially with no Austin to bail them out.......

LUMP ON!

Surprised I haven't come in for a bit more stick on this thread. We look very precarious right now, 2 wins in 15!!! However our points average over those games is about 1 so in theory we should survive but right now I am very worried as I'm not sure we will get another point

Surprised I haven't come in for a bit more stick on this thread. We look very precarious right now, 2 wins in 15!!! However our points average over those games is about 1 so in theory we should survive but right now I am very worried as I'm not sure we will get another point

This weekends results should give us a better idea I guess..........

I can't see past a Cardiff win though, Wolves will be fired up at their place too so that will be tricky. Ipswich I guess should have nothing to play for come the final day so possibly your best chance to pick up 3 points........

I'm not crowing at all though, still nervous as hell about our own plight!!!

When we hit 54 points I thought we were safe but the results just keep on coming. Can't see anything Saturday for us from Cardiff, so it's looking to Wolves. Think a point might do it because that's points dropped for them plus Peterborough/SheFF Weds and Barnsley/Huddersfield still to play each other so at least 2 of them drop points ..... now I'm just trying to convince myself.

At least you have the game in hand and have hit some form in the last couple of games.

Its going to take a record points score for anybody to be safe....

these are the "survivors" over the last 20 seasons or so....

last time (only time!!) somebody needed 54 points was the year when we won the prem title....

Interesting stats.

That year in 1995 was when 4 teams went down. Had it been just 3 teams then you would only have needed 47 points. Your average needed for safety is probably too high also as for example in 2003 Stoke stopped up with 50 points although 47 would have seen them safe. I imagine that occurs quite a lot over the time span of your figures.

Guest Norbert

If we don't get humped by Watford, who can be high scorers, I think we may just make it. A draw or another win against them would be great. Hopefully Bellamy will celebrate promotion with a hat trick as well.

Everything crossed, but if Rovers get relegated, and following Portsmouth recent demise;Appleton would have managed two teams to have dropped in same season. Has that happened before , or am I just missing a glaringly obvious one?

If we do go down Appleton will be well down the list of people I'll be blaming !

This is like musical chairs. On the last day of the season, the last chair will be removed and somebody will go down and that somebody could be a club nobody is talking about at the moment.

In 1977, Blackpool got relegated from a 42 games second division with the 3 points for a win equivalent of 50 points so odd things do happen at this level. Pro rata that is going down with 55 points in a 46 match season.

And after good early season form having them in second place from the top at Christmas! Sound a trifle familiar?? :unsure:

Blackpool fell into the relegation zone for the first time during the course of their last game. We've already been in the bottom three so the circumstances are sligfhtly different.

• Backroom

I feel the same as good as the last two weeks have been it will be very easy to find ourselves in bother very quickly

If Millwall nick a point ill feel much comfier

Archived