BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PR

koi

id imagine this new PR firm is for Venkys actual business

meaning not PR for Blackburn Rovers per say.

Yes but any PR company worth its salt will focus on the club as it their stewardship that's led them to become a laughing stock.

Thought PNE was our PR guru?

Their was a very good reason why PNE never progressed up the ladder under Coar or Williams, and we're seeing what type of person he is now with his antics around the place.

He needs sacking sooner rather than later, the mans inept on every level.

Their was a very good reason why PNE never progressed up the ladder under Coar or Williams, and we're seeing what type of person he is now with his antics around the place.

He needs sacking sooner rather than later, the mans inept on every level.

On that i totally agree

Paying someone to stop Shebby from speaking. Easy money.

I reckon one way or another Shebby's days may be numbered, what with the whole family apparently coming over, hopefully Agnew will go as well.

The new PR firm hasn't had an immediate impact, with this being the opening paragraph from Martin Samual's widely read piece on Financial Fair Play in today's mail:

"All you need to know about the latest proposal for financial fair play in the Premier League is that, if the rules were passed, Venkys catastrophic takeover of Blackburn Rovers would still be permitted. Jack Walkers title win, however, would not."

Not a great start for the new PR team...

Agnew wasnt employed. by Rovers under Williams only hired on a freelance basis to act as club press officer & programme editor

We were regularly the only PL club WITHOUT an in-house Press Officer

It was JW's decision to continue hiring PAPR for the entirety of his tenure, possibly paying a bit less than it would have cost to employ a person full time

As I understand it, his PAPR firm no longer operates - however there is now a Manchester firm with that name

Getting a directorship/lucrative job with BRFC would be a most opportune time to sell the name/business/client base

Those celebrating that a newly-hired PR firm "mean Agnew's about to sacked" are probably as wide of the mark as you can get

The PR Firm has obviously been hired by Venkys to Powder up Venkys image - ignoring the fact that it isn't Venkys image that's the problem but their utter incompetence

The PAPR firm in Manchester/Cheshire have been registered as a company since 2004, don't think they are or have been anything to do with Paul Agnew Public Relations which is / was a UK business partnership. I remember reading in some fans forum minutes a while ago that Agnew and his business where contracted on a yearly contract basis.

What makes you think the business partnership has been wound up besides their website not being accessible? Domain name for them due for renewal early this year so be interesting to see if its renewed. might try and buy it and put up a tribute site to Aggers themed on the New Chinese New Year :)

Guest Norbert
Lets hope the FA have decided enough is enough of the Venkys circus

I think you are being very optimistic OJ. Those blazer wearing ___wits wouldn't lift a finger to sort out the game. Especially with the whole Kentaro shiftiness that may be going on at Ewood Park over recent years. Those spineless, inept, arrogant, inefficient, corrupt idiots would be to timid to investigate in case they uncover rampant rule breaking by one of their biggest commercial partners (Kentaro). I'd have more chance having a kinky night in with Jessica Ennis and Amy Williams then the FA doing anything that might really sort out the current situation.

As posted in another thread, apparently this lady they have hired is considered without equal at killing stories.

Great, so we can expect even more cover ups of those ___s incompetence??!!

Not before time this. Agnew clearly got his definition of "PR" from a medical dictionary.

http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=67413

But that is to administer medicine, i.e. make someone better. Agnew is.....well I'm sure you can finish that one off.

Bizarre beyond belief the running of this club,the easiest tasks seem beyond their understanding,everything so complicated,mountains made out of relative molehills.

We bumble on.

Speaking of Molehills, is Agnew back from his Jolly's? if Mrs D and the boys are in town can't imagine him wanting to miss out on a bit of tongue up anus action and to spit a bit of venom in Singh's direction.

Bizarre beyond belief the running of this club,the easiest tasks seem beyond their understanding,everything so complicated,mountains made out of relative molehills.

Like taking less than 6 days to organize a press conference to introduce the new manager.

My understanding is the PR company is neither representing the club nor Venky's, they are representing Appleton and did so at Portsmouth.

This fits with the reports from yesterday's presser that the press weren't allow to ask questions of Shaw, if the PR company are the for Appleton, they wouldn't want time wasting on Shaw.

Very shrewd move on his part if true. Damage limitation if the comedic situation we've had for the last few years continues.

@AndyBayes: Exclusive interviews with Derek Shaw and Paul Agnew over the next 2 days on @BBCLancashire, you can hear them on line as well. #rovers

EXCLUSIVE: Blackburn Operations Director, Paul Agnew (part 1) @bbclancashire http://boo.fm/b1162847 via @audioboo #brfc #rovers

AUDIO: Blackburn Operations Director, Paul Agnew (part 2) @bbclancashire http://boo.fm/b1162852 via @audioboo #brfc #rovers

AUDIO EXCLUSIVE: Blackburn Managing Director, Derek Shaw @bbclancashire http://boo.fm/b1162842 via @audioboo #brfc #rovers

Archived